Notices

anyone have a "Predator" hood on their turbo car???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default anyone have a "Predator" hood on their turbo car???

i've got a preadtor hood, i just bought a turbo, as soon as the engine gets back, it's all going in. n e ways... i was kinda worried about water coming in throught the hood and damaging the turbo. does anyone have one on a turbo car??? what did u do to prevent water. i was thinking of either making some sort of cover shield out of the stock heatsheild, or parhaps making something different. or maybe just finding some what to block off the hole that would cause water to even go in the general direction.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anyone have a "Predator" hood on their turbo car??? (Boosted97Lude)

I'm just planning to get a big piece of thin rubber or silicon to throw over the vents on my hood to keep water out.......I've got the CF XGT hood from VIS though.....
Just an FYI, that predator hood is fiberglass, right? BE CAREFUL that the heat from the turbo doesn't melt or discolor the hood.....a 4gen prelude SI with an FMAX kit here in town melted/discolored his hood (I'm almost positive it was the aerogear predator hood) on the vents that are right above the turbo.......put some kind of thermotec wrap or insulation on the bottom of your hood to reflect the heat.....
Good Luck!
BRian
Old 09-07-2002, 09:04 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: anyone have a "Predator" hood on their turbo car??? (Firedrake)

yeah, i alreadt have a aluminum foil type heat sheild on the bottom, b/c my paint has actually bubbled once already (but body shop fixed it free), i think i am just gonna silicone glue a peice of rubber to the bottom and top.