Notices

Is anyone else running a Garrett ball bearing center section conversion???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone else running a Garrett ball bearing center section conversion???

I bought one of the new ball bearing center sections for my Garrett T3/T04E turbo and ever since its been on there my car is smoking like a damn chimney. I paid $800 for this peice, I wont lie it does spool a shitload quicker but I cant stand all the smoke. I cleaned the hell out of my housings before I installed it, and it did have a TINY bit of shaft play, which is still the same now with about 1700 miles on it. I hooked up the water lines, and I have a 3an feed line and a 10an drain, the same as my old non BB turbo which didnt smoke at all...I called the company I got it from and the guy I talked to said to send it back and they would send it to Garrett so they could look at it(cause it is a new product and it was just released to the market...). This will take weeks at the least, and that wouldnt be a big problem if my car wasnt my damn daily driver, and I had another car to drive.

I just want to know if anyone else has the BB center section, and if they had any problems with it? I havent seen much about them on H-T, and my search didnt come up with jack sheeeet....Thanks
Old 12-26-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Is anyone else running a Garrett ball bearing center section conversion??? (TurboCoop)

Wow, I guess Im the only dumbass to buy one
Old 12-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is anyone else running a Garrett ball bearing center section conversion??? (TurboCoop)

i have used 3 of them from precision with absolutely zero problems. a ton of GT-r series turbo's....SC and PT series turbo's with no problems. the only smoking turbo problems ive ever had were from innovative....both their ball bearing and non ball bearing turbo's. after i made the switch to PTE i have not needed to shop anywhere else
Old 12-30-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Is anyone else running a Garrett ball bearing center section conversion??? (Turbo-charged)

Thanks, Ill check them out for my next turbo...