Notices

Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series!

Garett has finally decide to help the peeps with the (low budget builds) by designing a dual ball bearing center cartridge to fit the T3/T4 or T04B which is really considerate of them ( that is why we need to continue to support them). This is a wonderful step on upgrading the T- series that many people already owns. I got this email from garett (read on)

Attention, Garrett Gearheads!!!

Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series!

This is the biggest thing to happen to your T3/T4 or T04B turbo since cast iron! Garrett is releasing a brand new patented dual ball-bearing cartridge for your T3/T4 and T04B turbos.

Why upgrade your turbo?

Besides the proven advantages of a patented Garrett dual ball-bearing center housing over one with journal or hybrid bearings, there is absolutely no need to change the rest of your current turbo setup when you upgrade! In fact, these new center housings are a direct replacement for the journal or hybrid center housing you already have. Keep your plumbing, keep your compressor and turbine housings, keep your intercooler, and gain the peace of mind that comes with a true Garrett dual ball-bearing turbo!

Compared to journal and hybrid bearing center housings, these new upgrades are:

- QUALITY. Using the same OE-based testing that is used for the world-renown Garrett GT series turbos, the new center housing upgrades for the T-series turbos are rigorously beaten and pushed to their limits to insure that they can wear the Garrett badge.

- DEPENDABILITY. The Garrett center housing for T-series turbos is a true dual ball-bearing cartridge. This means shorter spool-up times and greater handling of pressure while consuming less oil. These are the same patented dual ball-bearing cartridges used in Garrett Motorsports applications.

- EASY INSTALLATION. All those hours you put into installing, tuning, honing and planning your turbo kit won’t have to be doubled with a completely new turbo. In fact, the installation is as easy as removing your old journal or hybrid-bearing center housing and replacing it with a true Garrett dual ball bearing cartridge. Place your current compressor and turbine housings on, hook up the water line and put it back into your engine bay. You may even use your housings if you have another manufacturer’s turbo!

- PROVEN RELIABILITY. With thousands of passes in the professional drag race books, Garrett has never had a ball bearing unit fail. One NHRA Sport Compact pro racer, using a competitor’s ball-bearing product, destroyed 16 turbos in a single season. He has now switched to using Garrett ball-bearing turbos and never has to wonder if the patented dual ball-bearing cartridge is ready to run as hard as he is.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (turbocrx1.6l)

hehehe not to bust your bubble or be an *** like soooo many others are on here BUT you are about 2-3 weeks too late

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1384881

Modified by Boostfed.com at 10:52 PM 10/6/2005
Old 10-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hehehe not to bust your bubble or be an *** like soooo many others are on here BUT you are about 2-3 weeks too late

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1384881

Modified by Boostfed.com at 10:52 PM 10/6/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

PWONDE.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (Bryson)

no comment....
Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (wantboost)

Old 10-06-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (daveG)

LMAO!!!!!, ******* stallone
Old 10-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (orangerex04)

lmao..funnies thing ive seen in a long time
Old 10-06-2005, 09:52 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Garrett Re-Invents the T-Series! (turbocrx1.6l)

Garrett didn't redesign these. These are a set of the bearing series that is used as a result of extended inventory and are a higher efficient alloy bearing that is similar to the ball-bearing CHRA. Before you continue to pump Garrett's representatives genitals any further, be advised that they are limiting supply of this set in order to slow demand down and keep prices for the CHRAs any higher than they already are. They have marketing representatives and distributors all over the country, so as informative as your post is, it is rather "excessive".

Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uh.....yeah...ok... you can go back to hibrating yogi.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

I tend to think that's probably one of the Garrett people posting that, which is fine. I put together quick down & dirty list of why the full dual ball bearing upgrade is worth it as follows:

1) Exceptionally crisp and strong throttle response
2) Spools up to 15% quicker than traditional journal bearing turbos
3) Quicker 0-60 MPH times
4) More tolerant of marginal lubrication
5) Less chance for seal leakage
6) Improved damping & control over shaft motion
7) No thrust bearing, eliminating a weak link
8) Maximum efficiency, performance & durability

This is based off their literature from several years ago.

As far as strategy with suplly and keeping prices up and down, I feel a lot of that is pure conjecture. When you look at the success Garrett has had this year on the race track and consider the vast resources they have behind them as compared to other manufacturers, it's pretty clear they have an edge and the ability to maintain it. This is a great program (I'm buying one for my car). We're all looking to grow and gain more market share -- and that means that you guys will be the winners.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:54 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: (Rod Short)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rod Short &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I tend to think that's probably one of the Garrett people posting that, which is fine. I put together quick down & dirty list of why the full dual ball bearing upgrade is worth it as follows:

As far as strategy with suplly and keeping prices up and down, I feel a lot of that is pure conjecture. When you look at the success Garrett has had this year on the race track and consider the vast resources they have behind them as compared to other manufacturers, it's pretty clear they have an edge and the ability to maintain it. This is a great program (I'm buying one for my car). We're all looking to grow and gain more market share -- and that means that you guys will be the winners.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Touche'