anybody tune there own car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody tune there own car?

i know this DSM guy who tunes his own car, im not sure wat kind of engine management he has, but i was wondering if any honda guys tune there own stuff. if so wat kind of EMS u guys use. is it hard? how hard? planning on boosting in a couple months. thinking about getting the AEM EMS? anything better? i heard AEM is best bang for the buck? tru? HOndata? i heard u cant tune the hondata ur self?
Old 12-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody tune there own car? (TeGGY_LS)

?
Old 12-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

many people on this board tune their own cars and members cars as well. Most of the guys are using hondata, AEM, Uberdata. Tuning is something that you definitely need to study up on before attempting. Hondata's site is very helpful and it discusses part throttle, full throttle, injector calibrations etc...

I prefer to have my car tuned becasue i have too much money involved to make any beginner mistakes. Both systems have an autotune feature but from talking with a few of the tuners on the board it is no substitue for a good tuner.

Edit... here is a link
http://www.hondata.com/tech.html

Old 12-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u apparently didnt ask the big boss Mr. Search engine.

we dont know your setup or goals so we cant advise you. there are many other options.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:25 AM

Default Re: anybody tune there own car? (int3gra)

Me and two of my friend’s do the tuning on all of are cars and anybody who asks us to help them. They have been doing it a lot longer then I so I would say I am still learning form them. The two stand alones we use the most are Zdyen and AEM EMS. There’s nothing like a good night of wide band tuning out on a lonely stretch of highway. Then we take it to the dyno to fine tune it. I wouldn’t even be trying the things I try with out there help they have been working on cars since before I could drive (and I am 23), so they have some time under there belts.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody tune there own car? (EFrollingout)

I tune my own car. I use Hondata.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody tune there own car? (ladysman)

I just started tuning my own car. There are a few tuning programs out there that will work for you, however make sure you research and find someone willing to assist with any question you may have during the process. Also before hand find out which will have support when you needed. Cost is another issue. Try to price all the parts needed for that specific setup before hand. I got burned because I did not pay attention to the cost and could have save myself $500. There is a site that has information for beginners that you can find at http://www.pgmfi.org. On the intro page look for a link that says for beginners. I was lucky and was able to call someone when I ran into issues. Good Luck..