Notices

any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance?

I hate to do this but I have had just about every problem imagineable with fmax and turbonetics on my accord kit.

I will not delve into it at the moment, but if you would like me to post my ongoing email battle I would be glad.

Just wondering if anyone from fmax or turbonetics is on ht, and if so please chime in.
I have many many questions/comments that the company seems to be dodging.

Sorry if this is irrelavent to everyone, but I figured id post this before an FMAX SUCKS post.
Thanks for your time
Dave
Old 09-13-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance? (f22b2tdave)

what kind of problems are you having...

Jon
Old 09-13-2004, 03:43 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance? (f22b2tdave)

I've dealt with 4 kits from the FMAX setup on an LS and a GS-R.

What's the issue?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance? (TheShodan)

This is the jist of it.

I want a new set of complete hardware (bolts and studs and such) seeing as I had to buy a set because the ones they had nearly all the nuts stripped of thread after just one test fit. Some of the nuts are still stuck on the stud and will not budge. Nothing was correctly threaded.

I had to retap every hole on the turbo flange to fit the studs THEY supplied!

This is positively the absolute worst way to run a closed loop wastegate, it creates much turbulence and a great exhaust restriction. Becuase of such I had my the bung on the downpipe cut and sealed.

I did not recieve one of the intercooler pipes although this was resolved within nearly three days it is still one of the mishaps I have run into with turbonetics.

The entire intake piping setup you supplied there is no way possible it could fit in my bay. and I have my battery relocated for extra space.

Your instructions are shotty at best. Photocopies of photocopies. I cannot even make out the damn pictures. I still do not know how to wire your 2 bar map sensor. A little help on that, please. I have also read that your map sensor only works in conjunction with the secondary 2 injectors? Is this true?

Your hot side intercooler piping completely rammed into my alternator and snagged on some of the powersteering lines. I have since giving up and cut the piping to accomodate the silicone tubing I substituted.

The turbo hung into the motor mount bracket by about a 3/4 inch. And also the cold side of the turbo bumped into my oem ac fan. I have since purchased a slim line fan. Thanks again.

The compressor inlet on the turbo is 2.5" in diameter, all the intake piping you sent me and couplings for the intake side were all 3" diameter, even fully clamped it was loose as hell.

I have called numerous times and left messages, but to no avail.

I can elaborate on all this if need be. But this is most of it.
Dave
Old 09-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alot of those problems sound like your fault, or could be your fault, which is why they are probably blowing you off
Old 09-13-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Re: any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance? (toolowsol)

"turbonetics" and "customer service" go together like oil and water, or brushing your teeth and then drinking orange juice. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on help from them.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Re: any turbonetics representatives on this board by any chance? (toolowsol)

It sounds like poor fitment to me.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:36 PM

toolowsol, how are these my fault? my fault would be that i put the kit together anyways becuase of time constraints, so i made it work rather than send it back.

Anyways, as the case may be I am not asking your opinion, merely asking if there were any reps that might be able to clear this up.

I was hesitant to point fingers and you should be too. I am doing this post only so It doesnt seem like im bashing them without reason. I want others to be warned. if this carries much longer, I will do my best to involve the BBB.

Many of my problems were with fitment, how can it be my fault that their piping doesnt fit my car?
Thanks
Dave
Old 09-13-2004, 10:08 PM

bump
Old 09-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they make it sound so easy... like using the word kit. Many aftermarket parts are like that bro. get used to it.