Notices

any shops willing to tune uberdata...crome?!?! In VA...even better!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any shops willing to tune uberdata...crome?!?! In VA...even better!

short and simple I would like to have full range of tunablility on my turbo d16 and do not have the ***** to do the tuning myself. Hondata and EMS are out of my ballpark and it seems pointless to invest in a VAFC if the uberdata and such is readily available

Old 02-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbokitssuck)

If that's the case, check out Steve Sakai
Old 02-03-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: (CRV Monster)

where is steve?
Old 02-03-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: (yusoslo)

Nobody reads the ******* EULA do they. These programs are not for commercial use.
-PHiZ
Old 02-03-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Re: (PHiZ)

so PHIZ

I could not take this program to my buddy who owns a shop and have him adjust the numbers for me.

What says that I have to do the tuning in my backyard?
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 PM

I would imagine the EULA kinda stops it. Then again with shareware and who can possibily stop the bastardazation of anything.

Not knocking Uberdata, cause the interface is nice looking and seems to work well for people.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 PM

I'm just saying, the shop would be exposing itself to legal liability. Uberdata I believe if you contact the author, he has worked out commercial licensing agreements in the past.

Several shops have refused to deal with these DIY editors, because they prefer to go with a brand name that assures them has discharged it's obligation of due diligence, and has produced a bug free tuning solution.

You have to make those decisions, when your customers cars and business reputations are on the line.

Being in the PC software business would help in exposing you to these concepts.
-PHiZ
Old 02-03-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: (turbokitssuck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbokitssuck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Phiz, its funny you comment on this when you charge people to tune TurboEdit and Uberdata and Crome and such......

Yes, I know the developers of all these softwares and more. And I participate in the development of them, that doesn't mean I don't have non public domain software at my disposal.

A shop should be willing to do it. you arent paying for the program, you are paying for their tuning services. huge difference.

Well not if the EULA specifically prohibits distribution of derivitive work

Directly from uberdata:
Copyright (c) 2003, Blake Warner
All rights reserved.
Do not distribute any binaries related to this program. This includes but is not limited to, a) the program itself, b) files saved with this program, and c) screenshots or any other binaries derived from this program.

So posessing this program is and in itself a violation of the EULA, meaning that no, you do not posess a valid copy. Functionally most people are going to ignore this, however a business may choose to be more wary, Like I said, it leaves them open to litigation.

Also writing Copyright(c) isnt really a copyright so im not even sure how much it would hold up in court.
No, it is a notification of copyright, add another chapter to the book of things you don't know.

Basically the software is free, bring it to a shop and have them tune it. I would even ask blake if he has finished his romulator support, then if the guy is a hondata tuner he can tune much faster and easier.

You failed to address my concerns about a shop wanting to go with a tried and true solution, i've had people tell me that they've brought the software to shops and been flat out turned down. I have full access to the source code, and know all the developers so I can personally judge what is viable and safe when I'm tasked with the responsibility of someone else's car.

I win, you lose. end of discussion
Not even close, while you were clumsily manhandling yourself to your mothers mail order Lane Bryant catalogs in pre-pubescent exploratory glee; I've been a trumpeting and watchdogging civil rights and intelectual property law issues. You are underequipped , in all regards, to even begin to challenge me.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

-PHiZ
Old 02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PHiZ)

Give me a ******* break.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Re: (Mase)

whew! the Estrogen is flowing
Old 02-03-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: (Mase)

Actually, I've had agreements with Blake in the past to use his software, Uberdata, for personal profit. I never broached the subject with Mike R concerning his Ghettodyne, but since I did most of the fundamental code testing for him I'm sure it would have been granted.

I have, like a number of PGMFI persona, chipped ECUs and tuned cars for personal profit. PHiZ is entirely correct in pointing out legal ramifications. What I do, or what any of the people who contribute to PGMFI do, is a completely different ball of wax from what a shop may or may not be allowed to do. I/we get a number of nice perks... I'm on the short list of people getting a free RTP (Real Time Programmable) daughterboard from PGMFI, for example. Why? Because I'll run right out and use it, bitch about it in a constructive manner, with my first thought to geeking out and not to wholly selfish profit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Give me a ******* break. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean you took a break from PMing me vulgar trash about my mother, and this thread is the only relaxation you could find?

- Joseph Davis, hijacking a friend's account.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tgfender)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tgfender &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You mean you took a break from PMing me vulgar trash about my mother, and this thread is the only relaxation you could find?

- Joseph Davis, hijacking a friend's account.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Trolling I see. You couldnt be hijacking a friends account simply because you do not have any friends.

Im only speaking the truth about your mom, im sorry its vulgar

On a more serious note, as much as I love bashing j.davis (and he loves bashing me), lets try to keep it clean on the forum, purty please?
Old 02-03-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: (tgfender)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yusoslo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whew! the Estrogen is flowing</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yusoslo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would like to have full range of tunablility on my turbo d16 and do not have the ***** to do the tuning myself. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry for riding your ***, and threadjacking, but bigwig kinda pissed me off.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J.Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You mean you took a break from PMing me vulgar trash about my mother, and this thread is the only relaxation you could find? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought for sure I just saw a lovefab thread that could have used some crapping all over...

-PHiZ