Notices

anti lag???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anti lag???

im trying to figure out how do you achieve anti lag in a civic cause every post videos of 2 step and launch control ...but what i want to know is how do you get the antilag where it keeps your turbo still spooling between shifting like in this vid....i always see it on evos suarus and skylines but never on civics...and some people say its harmfulll..then if its harmful why do they tune those cars that way........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9yK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfUbFR-x7g
Old 09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: anti lag???

i use ectune. It is the best, i spool up what ever my wastegate spring or boost controller at
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you're hearing on these cars between the shifts is merely just ignition cut from hitting the limiter.

Anti-lag IS however used to keep the turbo spooled between shifts, as you stated, but it's used the majority of the time on rally cars. For example in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTAPpsL2xOU

Now, I'm not familiar with any Honda-based EMS applications that will utilize this form of anti-lag, only the ones that are used for drag racing, where you drop a considerable amount of ignition timing for launching while on the two-step limiter, causing a substantial amount of fuel to dump into the manifold, then the heat from the exhaust gases ignites all that fuel, causing it to combust and instantly spools the turbo. The question is, are you going road racing or drag racing, as a reason to your question?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

plan on road racing and i realize all the turbo civic i seen always fall out of boost and the one that stay in boost are running small *** turbos lol
Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For road racing I wouldn't use a turbo Civic. I tried for years and was never pleased with the results. I either made smooth, but low power, or I made high (400+ WHP) power with a steep torque ramp when I got on the throttle. I'd either go NA in a light chassis with short gears or supercharged with a big roots blower. My brother runs a NA 200+ WHP gutted CRX that is extremely fast on a road course, and I've almost got a big custom supercharger setup together that should also work well for road racing. I've also got a 275 WHP K24 setup that should work well for road racing, but I don't have a chassis for it yet. I've been doing mostly endurance racing lately and haven't had time or money to work on my time trial car.

If you're new to road racing, then I wouldn't worry about it yet; focus on getting seat time in whatever you've got. Fast cars are for later, after you learn how to drive; you'll actually drive worse in a more powerful car unless you know what you are doing.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if im not mistaken u should be able to achieve antilag with an s300 or aem, similiar to the sti in this vid..i have her it at the track before in a eg coupe just dont now what his setup was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppv3EMGlITY
Old 09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is his setup in the video:

Subaru WRX/STi 2.5L Darton sleeved open deck block with Wiseco piston, Helix rods, Cobb Tuner crank, ACL Race bearings, STi heads with stock sized Supertech black nitride intake and inconel exhaust valves, Kelford 272 intake, 264 exhaust cams. DW1100 injectors, Bosch 044 fuel pump, GT35R Turbo, Oil dry sump. Engine is making 465 WHP, 430 TQ at 22 psi and E85. The Autronic EM controls the Antilag (Anti-lag) with the help of 2 dash 12 bypassing lines.
Category:
Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by gt30rude
im trying to figure out how do you achieve anti lag in a civic cause every post videos of 2 step and launch control ...but what i want to know is how do you get the antilag where it keeps your turbo still spooling between shifting like in this vid....i always see it on evos suarus and skylines but never on civics...and some people say its harmfulll..then if its harmful why do they tune those cars that way........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9yK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfUbFR-x7g

These are not examples of Anti-lag. This is based upon the fuel management of a rich condition on deceleration so that that a/f don't go lean in between shifts at higher accelerated conditions. Anti-lag is something else entirely.

Even my Power FC Honda does that at some tracks. Its based on the way the car is tuned. It's not a "managment" thing
Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Weird i was thinking about this about a week ago...
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill try to post the vids of my 2 Step, I have Hondata S300 -25* Timing and 450 Fuel set at 6,250rpm.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In hondata, you use the full throttle shift, its a lower rev limit to help match the shift points and keep the boost up
Old 09-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
These are not examples of Anti-lag. This is based upon the fuel management of a rich condition on deceleration so that that a/f don't go lean in between shifts at higher accelerated conditions. Anti-lag is something else entirely.

Even my Power FC Honda does that at some tracks. Its based on the way the car is tuned. It's not a "managment" thing
i understand the first two videos arent examples of antilag thats why i posted the last subaru video