Notices

TO ALL BOOSTED EF OWNERS!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TO ALL BOOSTED EF OWNERS!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!

ef's are all the same. a traction bar for a crx or a hatch will also fit a sedan.

notching the stock crossmember is fine. i had an si hatch a few years ago that had a good chunk cut out for a dp and it was never an issue.

wy not just flip the turbo and have a welder cut the outlet of the turbo off and reweld it so it faces the other direction? problem solved.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cut the turbo housing and reweld it to flip the other way? as in where the intercooler piping connects to the turbo?...i can cut and weld it.. i just didnt think it was possible to do so
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok seriously, how do you ecpect people to help with no pictures of the issue?

Seriously.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahahaha this reminds me of the post about the kid that thought he did a really good job workign on his car by taking of the stock ef "traction bar" and threw it in the garbage, even posted a pic of it. LMAO, classic noob oHMT moment
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EFRue57
why people will risk safety just to go fast is beyond me. the front cross member acts not just as a radiator support but also absorbs a good deal of the impact in a front end collision.

LOL. I can only speculate it would be an accident involving a big ramp and the EF getting airborne before crashing. The way the EF protects is via crumple zones. A ridgid horizontal structure is not a crumple zone. If you really want to harp about safety, you'd say "get something with an airbag" instead.

At this point you'll be saying that's all bullshit and heresay. I've actually crashed an EF with a tubular x-member and almost no front bumper support. (lady pulled in front of me if you're wondering) Guess where the impact was? ABOVE my bumper, above my x-member. Hell, I still have the bumper, x-member, and pics if you doubt me. The only damage below the bumper was her tailpipe jamming through my intercooler.

Back to the OP's question, cut the x-member & box it, or get a "traction bar" (tubular x-member) to make the DP fit. Lowering an EF will actually be more dangerous than an x-member modification.