Notices

AEM UEGO wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEM UEGO wiring question

I used to run the AEM UEGO WB on my old setup, but at the time I was running the AEM EMS as well. Apparently with that setup you had to splice into the C16 pin (white wire primary O2 sensor) for the EMS to know where to look, which is how I had it setup. I didnt have a gauge at that time though, used mainly for tuning purposes.

Now I am going to be running the newer AEM UEGO WB Gauge, but this time on a P28 with Neptune. I currently spliced into the C16 pin again for Primary O2 (because thats how I had it last time), but now someone has told me I do not need to have it run like that with this newer GaugeType WB.

After thinking about it for a bit, Im assuming I only need to splice into the O2 signal if I want Neptune to see the WB correct? (for datalogging purposes, etc) Otherwise I will just use the gauge readout while tuning or whatever, and dont really need to be tapped into the O2 signal wire. The instructions say optional but some of the terminology is Greek to me so Im not absolutely sure.