Notices

AEM TWO STEP Problem

Old 09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM TWO STEP Problem

At NOPI MD my two step stopped working. I am running it through a switch. Tonight I was playing around with it and noticed whenever I reved over 4K the two step would turn off even though I was still holding down the button for the two step. I turned on vehical Speed in the parameters in the aem and noticed that when I reved above 4k the speed would go all over the place 65mph all the way up to 255mph. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what was the cause of it? I checked over the grounds and everything seems good.

To bandaid the problem I disconted the vss and my two step now works. Hopefully this does not cause any other problems.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (underpressure02)

how did u set up the 2 step through a swotch through the aem?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (underpressure02)

Check your wires leading to the VSS if they are all looking fine you have a bad VSS, replace it and your problems should go away
Old 09-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (Squigglez)

one of the pins in my vss connector was cracked and it made the speedo act erratic like that. Check your electrical connections. If all is good replace the vss.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (BlueSi2k)

when my VSS didnt work did my 2 step on a button as well...it didnt affect anything else, obviously your not using VSS for boost controll so i wouldnt sweat it.

to fix my vss i tried god only knows how many VSS's, replaced the interior dash harness, 2 seperate engine harnesses. for whatever reason, even with 2 engine harness's...the fix for it was cutting off the vss plug and soldering on another one. i dont know what the odds of having 2 bad engine harness's in a row....who knows.

my aem is actually at aem right now to have them check out the antilag. i was having intermittent problems with mine not working.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (lambertincorp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lambertincorp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how did u set up the 2 step through a swotch through the aem?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can use a relay, and feed the ecu a ground signal.

grnd=on
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (DaveF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you can use a relay, and feed the ecu a ground signal.

grnd=on </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks
Old 09-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ohhh...mr lambert i see you....now i gotta keep my eye on you... you can thank your boy JG for that one... uhh huh... your two step already works fool... tryna blow it up already... My bad about last night too... i really wasnt feeling it.. I got you tonight off the light night just let me know if you wanna slide thru...

Kellz
Old 09-16-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: (kdawgy2k1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kdawgy2k1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ohhh...mr lambert i see you....now i gotta keep my eye on you... you can thank your boy JG for that one... uhh huh... your two step already works fool... tryna blow it up already... My bad about last night too... i really wasnt feeling it.. I got you tonight off the light night just let me know if you wanna slide thru...

Kellz</TD></TR></TABLE>

stop stalking me on ht haha dammit gonzo i cant do nothin on the sneak sneak...u know ill be through to see whats good dont even trip on last night cause i got the superbowl workin and put it on the dyno and tuned out the problems so tonight it should be running perfect
Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (Turbo-charged)

I talked to devin today at aem and he said he has seen problems when you run two things off the same switch. Right now I am using my two step button to also reset the timer on the NLR. I am going to take the NLR out of the picture and see if the problem goes away.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (rota92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't use a relay, and one of my switches went bad on my sparco wheel.

Root cause or not? lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

i do not think you are supposed to feed the aem a 12v signal. at least this is the way i interpreted it when installing all the accesories in my racecar.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM TWO STEP Problem (DaveF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i do not think you are supposed to feed the aem a 12v signal. at least this is the way i interpreted it when installing all the accesories in my racecar. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am pretty sure you can switch it from a ground signal or a + signal