Notices

AEM Tuning in Portland?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Tuning in Portland?

Anyone tried Horsepower Freaks in Portland for AEM EMS tuning on a boosted Honda? Does Ground Zero do AEM tuning? Trying to find a shop within a few hours drive that can safely take me closer to the limits on my stock B18B
Old 10-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (mskibbz-T)

I don't believe GZ offers AEM tuning. I don't think they are too fond of the system. Horsepower freaks does have a reputation of being really good with the AEM system.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (BodyKits NW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BodyKits NW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't believe GZ offers AEM tuning. I don't think they are too fond of the system. Horsepower freaks does have a reputation of being really good with the AEM system. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been planning on going to Horsepower Freaks, they have a good rep on the AEM board, I just don't know of any Hondas that have gotten tuned there. Ground Zero sounds like a great shop, I was hoping they were as good with the AEM as they are with Hondata. Horsepower Freaks it is I guess
Old 10-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's a good choice for yourself. GZ is capable of tuning the AEM system, but they are not really too familiar with it. With a tuner that knows the system like Horsepower Freaks they can tune your car in a more timely fashion which can save you money. GZ tuned my car in about 2.5 hours via Hondata.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hondaddict had Sean from Horsepower Freaks do all his EMS tuning for his civic. The car runs and drives like stock. Sean tuned the car entirely on the street.
checkout http://www.torquefreaks.com for contact info...Sean is totaly straight up and extremely knowlegable. I ride in the car almost everyday and its incredible! Anyway I'll shut up and let the car and Sean's tuning speak for itself.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=640687 Hit up the links in his sig for more info.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (96-EJ6 B18C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96-EJ6 B18C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondaddict had Sean from Horsepower Freaks do all his EMS tuning for his civic. The car runs and drives like stock. Sean tuned the car entirely on the street.
checkout http://www.torquefreaks.com for contact info...Sean is totaly straight up and extremely knowlegable. I ride in the car almost everyday and its incredible! Anyway I'll shut up and let the car and Sean's tuning speak for itself.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=640687 Hit up the links in his sig for more info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds awesome, thanks for the info. I emailed HorsepowerFreaks about setting up an appt in the next week or two, hopefully I'll be able to get in this Friday I'm anxious to feel 11 PSI
Old 10-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post your numbers when you get done. I am going to go there for a baseline run to get a dynojet dynoplot next week probably.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mskibbz-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds awesome, thanks for the info. I emailed HorsepowerFreaks about setting up an appt in the next week or two, hopefully I'll be able to get in this Friday I'm anxious to feel 11 PSI</TD></TR></TABLE>

No prob, best of luck to you!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (96-EJ6 B18C)

Thanks guys, I'll post my dyno for sure

I'm hoping to get around 275whp with 11 pounds, I am so anxious to see what that feels like
Old 10-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Definately have Sean tune your car. He is a damn genius with the EMS. I'd go out on a (short) limb and say that he is one of the best tuners with the ems PERIOD. Not to mention one of the nicest guys I've ever met. TorqueFreaks has a brand new dynojet, and they are renting it out for $40/hr this month (obviously tuning is extra). HorsepowerFreaks and TorqueFreaks moved into a huge new office and garage (respectively) out on Airport Way, and they are right next to each other conveniently enough Chris has been running the EMS in his Supra for longer than just about anyone, and HPF has sold a ton of the ems systems so they are a great place to go as they have plenty of experience with this particular system. If you need any local help on the side let me know, I have been running the EMS with a wideband in my car for well over a year now. Either way, I can't say enough about the TF/HPF staff - they are great people and I do all of my business with them.

Modified by hpfsi at 9:24 AM 10/14/2003
Old 10-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (hpfsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hpfsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Definately have Sean tune your car. He is a damn genius with the EMS. I'd go out on a (short) limb and say that he is one of the best tuners with the ems PERIOD. Not to mention one of the nicest guys I've ever met. TorqueFreaks has a brand new dynojet, and they are renting it out for $40/hr this month (obviously tuning is extra). HorsepowerFreaks and TorqueFreaks moved into a huge new office and garage (respectively) out on Airport Way, and they are right next to each other conveniently enough Chris has been running the EMS in his Supra for longer than just about anyone, and HPF has sold a ton of the ems systems so they are a great place to go as they have plenty of experience with this particular system. If you need any local help on the side let me know, I have been running the EMS with a wideband in my car for well over a year now. Either way, I can't say enough about the TF/HPF staff - they are great people and I do all of my business with them.

Modified by hpfsi at 9:24 AM 10/14/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe, are you Chris at HorsepowerFreaks? Thanks for all the info
Old 10-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol nope, I'm not the Chris at HPF, but I did work there a while back (hence my firsthand knowledge of the place) They started calling me Chaz because it was just too damn confusing on the phone
Old 10-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (hpfsi)

Its nice to hear you're still around Chris (Chaz). Glad things are going well. Yes, Sean is the best AEM tuner in the world. He's in Italy right now tuning an Abflug S900 Supra. AEM even flies him to tune some of their special cars. He flies around the world nearly every day of the week tuning cars. Not only do we have the best AEM tuner in the world but we are now one of their larger distributors. Check out their web-site and look who's #1 on their list of online suppliers.

We have purchased the entire first run of MR2 AEM's, 86-92 Supra AEM's and will probably do the same thing for all new cars that come out. We have tons of Civic, Supra, Eclipse EMS's here in stock. We also are the #1 distributor for FJO wide-bands if you're interested in those.

We have tuned the AEM in S2000's, 3000GTs, Eclipses, Civics, Supras and RX7's and have the base maps for all of these configurations. Our base maps are the best in the world and we give them away to people who purchase an AEM EMS from us or the HorsepowerFreaks AEM kit which includes everything you'll need.

The base map will make your car run nearly perfect. Any additional tuning you might require, we can do right here. We can also show you before and after dyno pulls with our in-ground dynojet.

Feel free to call or email us anytime.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Tuning in Portland? (HorsepowerFreak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HorsepowerFreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its nice to hear you're still around Chris (Chaz). Glad things are going well. Yes, Sean is the best AEM tuner in the world. He's in Italy right now tuning an Abflug S900 Supra. AEM even flies him to tune some of their special cars. He flies around the world nearly every day of the week tuning cars. Not only do we have the best AEM tuner in the world but we are now one of their larger distributors. Check out their web-site and look who's #1 on their list of online suppliers.

We have purchased the entire first run of MR2 AEM's, 86-92 Supra AEM's and will probably do the same thing for all new cars that come out. We have tons of Civic, Supra, Eclipse EMS's here in stock. We also are the #1 distributor for FJO wide-bands if you're interested in those.

We have tuned the AEM in S2000's, 3000GTs, Eclipses, Civics, Supras and RX7's and have the base maps for all of these configurations. Our base maps are the best in the world and we give them away to people who purchase an AEM EMS from us or the HorsepowerFreaks AEM kit which includes everything you'll need.

The base map will make your car run nearly perfect. Any additional tuning you might require, we can do right here. We can also show you before and after dyno pulls with our in-ground dynojet.

Feel free to call or email us anytime.

Take care,
Chris.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I cannot wait to see what Sean can do with my humble Integra He emailed me back, despite being in Italy at the time, and was very courteous and professional. He sounds like he must be very busy so I am not sure when he'll be able to squeeze me in, but I'll post the dynos and rant about spankin some domestics on the long drive home
Old 10-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Going to get tuned by Sean on Thursday