Notices

AEM EMS experts.... will the system eliminate the immoblizer feature on my Prelude?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Boostless97Lude

Default AEM EMS experts.... will the system eliminate the immoblizer feature on my Prelude?

i am planning on buying an EMS for my Prelude in the very near future, but currently, the car will not start, and it is believed that immoblizer unit has gone out, and most likely will be costly if it has to be replaced, so, i was wondering, will i be wastin my money trying to fix this, or will the EMS support the immoblizer feature? if it does, i will have it replaced just for security purposes
Old 12-31-2002, 05:24 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: AEM EMS experts.... will the system eliminate the immoblizer feature on my Prelude? (Boosted97Lu

bump
Old 12-31-2002, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: AEM EMS experts.... will the system eliminate the immoblizer feature on my Prelude? (Boosted97Lu

The immobilizer is built into the ecu so the ems will replace it...
Old 12-31-2002, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not that much of a big deal. theres other ways to protect your car..
the biggest one with the aem is... just take the computer out of the car when no in use
Old 12-31-2002, 08:47 AM
Boostless97Lude

its not that much of a big deal. theres other ways to protect your car..
the biggest one with the aem is... just take the computer out of the car when no in use
so... everytime i park the car i should pull up the carpet, remove my floor pan, and unplug the ECU to take it out... um, no

i just want to know if when i put in the EMS in, if it still has the immoblizer built in to it
Old 12-31-2002, 09:13 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

the immobilizer system consists of 2 parts, one of which is in the stock ECU that recieves the serial info from the tumbler assembly on the steering colum. when you remove the stock ecu, the immobilizer circuit on the steering column sends the data to the AEM EMS and I doubt it does anything at all with it. its going to start the car regardless if the ignition is turned to start (by a key or anything else)

so the immobilizer system is rendered useless. i think it would be highly unlikely if not impossible for AEM (or GEMS the real company behind the EMS) to implement this feature for us.

when a thief breaks into your car and tries to steal it, if it has the immobilizer system then he should see the immobilizer circuit when he busts up the steering column and just give up if he has 1/2 a brain. thats what happened to me.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now werent you the one who said screw the ems...go hondata ?
Old 12-31-2002, 09:53 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

just fyi i believe none of the hondata compatible ecu's have the immobilizer feature
Old 12-31-2002, 10:26 AM
Boostless97Lude

now werent you the one who said screw the ems...go hondata ?
yes, i did, at one time, but that was months ago, before they came out with the better software updates and that great autotune feature, Hondata is a great system, but it's not for me i don't think