Notices

advice needed on Jackson Racing setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice needed on Jackson Racing setup

Hi everyone got a few questions. First of all I would like to say you have a fantastic site on the Integra’s. I live in the United Kingdom and have a 99 ITR. I did use the search function but never found anything specific to what I’m after.

I've got a b18 c5 (slightly higher compression that us versions 11:5:2 or something we also have 98 ron fuel) and its got a Jackson racing supercharger on it at 6 psi along with a dc sports 4-1 manifold and mugen exhaust. My piston rings are slightly worn therefore I’m getting forged piston and rings and also some eagle conrods. What compression pistons should I go for. I’m hoping to boost the psi up to 8 psi, would I need a water injection kit to keep the charge temperatures down? I looked into the Aqua mist ones and found they can be mapped to how you want them is this a good piece of kit?

Are the ITR cams bad for running boost (i.e to much over lap) If so would b16a2 be a better choice (would I gain more by changing them if so wat 2)? Im also going to be running a Hondata s300. If there are anything else feel free to let me know. Many many thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its o.k people i have posted it in the jackson thread and had help so far feel free to post in there.

thanks
Old 11-15-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: (uk_itr)

This might not exactly help answer your question, but i'll do my best.
I ran 9 psi on a completely stock GSR motor for quite some time with no problems whatsoever. Infact - the setup is still running strong in my friend's civic. Either way - with the higher compression of the ITR motor, you should still be fine. To be on the safe side, I would get something to dynotune the car with, rather than go on the stock system. Hondata isn't that expensive, and it really shouldn't be that hard to tune on something is linear as a supercharged car. There are many other options such as Crome, or even a VAFC.

Some things you should look into would be a fuel pump (190lph is fine for your setup) and some injectors (no need to run higher than ~300cc, i ran something around 250 (i can't remember exactly what size they were off the top of my head...) and was fine.

Also- the stock ignition will be sufficient, but if you do happen to look into MSD, they're BTM system is very useful, as it retards timing 0-3 degrees per pound of boost... i had no engine management, and used only this btm for tuning and it ran fine - but i don't recommend going without a tune.

As far as what pistons to go with - low compression isn't really necessary. Just get another set of ITR pistons/rings. They're fairly inexpensive, and people run superchargers on stock ITR blocks all the time. If you do want to change out, there is really no reason to go lower than 10:1.

As far as cams go - I don't know if anything has changed, but there is really no cam combination that works well with a supercharged setup. And no - ITR cams are not bad for boost. Infact, the last I heard, the gsr exhaust cam/00-01 ITR(or CTR) intake cam combination works best for boost as far as ''stock'' cams go. Again - i'm not sure if this applies to a supercharged setup.

Water injection - Will it help keep temperatures down? Yes. Is it necessary? No. I've heard lots of good things about the aquamist kit .... also search the internet for instructions to make your own ... its cheap and almost equally effective.

Hope that helps man - and i hope all this info is correct. Maybe some of the hardcore supercharger guys can help me out here

Good luck!