Notices

about to boost what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about to boost what should i do?

okay heres the dilema. i have a built ls/vtec setup im about to boost. im gonna be putting 750cc injectors (saturated), t3/t40e 57 trim turbo, and plan on boosting around 12-14 pounds. i have everything ready except for a base map. im not really sure what i should do. i was thinking about putting the setup on with stock injectors with no basemap just to get to my tuner (not crusing around in). my second idea is to get a basemap but i plan on having a gm 3 bar map for the pounds i plan on running. basically what should i do!? i dont know which route to go; no basemap with stock injectors stayin out of boost?, or basemap (maybe from phearable.net) set for a 3 bar map. obviously the basemap seems like the best choice but time is a problem because i need to get up to my tuner soon instead of waiting on a package from phearable. So what are your suggestions?
Old 12-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: about to boost what should i do? (lurkin' eg)

you can drive a car on stock injectors and stay out of boost. just drive normally if it tips in, the ecu will flag it and go into safe mode and yell at you. how far are you from the tuner? get a friend with a truck rent a dolly and tow it.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: about to boost what should i do? (boostedcivicsir)

well my tuner lives about an hour and a half away from me. thats the problems because i have a b16 tranny and traveling on the interstate for an hour and a half i will probably be in boost all the way there.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Mr. Badwrench

i put 500 miles on my old b16 with no boost on stock injectors. you can take the spring out of the wastegate, i dont like doin that. if you trust the tuner and the base map, run it over on the 3bar base map.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:32 PM

yeah my tuner suggested taking the spring out of the wastegate but i dont like that idea either. i would like if my tuner could base map my ecu but like i said hes like an hour and a half away and he has no extra chips to base map. i guess im just tryin to see if i would be fine on the stock injectors with no basemap to get to my tuner. i only plan to run that way for a day or two. but will that just mess up alot of stuff?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Mr. Badwrench

i broke my engine in on stock injectors with my turbo on, 500 miles. and get this, i ran my b16 on a d16 dx ecu. it can be done. my p28 had a bad chip in it, and i sent it out to be socketed. i went through inspection with it also.

your stock ecu and injectors are fine. just drive it like an old lady a pound or 2 of boost wont kill it unless you are wot. just drive it. youll be ok.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The b16 trans should actually be safer, as its the LOAD placed on the motor that leads to boost. A b16 is always geared low, so there's less load on the motor for a given gear. Anything over 1psi will get you a CEL, but driving it easy will keep you out of boost. You can also take the WG spring out and take the clamps off of one coupler. No spring will keep gases from spooling the turbo, and no clamps on one coupler will prevent dirty air from being sucked in while allowing any boost to push past.

You can cruise at 6500 and not make any boost, but if you upshift (say 5500) and floor it, it would start making boost. The numbers are arbitrary, just for example.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: about to boost what should i do? (HiProfile)

thats whats up then. so say if i do go into boost by accident, what would happen? plus would it still be okay to put an fmu on it with a walbro fuel pump? would that be better than just having the stock fuel pump with no fmu?