Notices

2 questions about turbos, please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions about turbos, please help

i heard somthing some where about cutting one of the wheels on the turbo. what does this do and do any of you have a link to any info on it?

and where can i buy a compressor wheel for my T3 tubo? and is there a differant wheel i can put on to make it boost more? (A/R .60)
Old 06-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 questions about turbos, please help (bluedelsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluedelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard somthing some where about cutting one of the wheels on the turbo. what does this do and do any of you have a link to any info on it?

and where can i buy a compressor wheel for my T3 tubo? and is there a differant wheel i can put on to make it boost more? (A/R .60)</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Clipping" a wheel can be done on a smaller turbo so that you get bettero top-end while sacrificing a little spool-up time.

I don't think you really need a bigger wheel (judging from the way you asked this question). Are you running more than 1 bar on your current turbo? If not, then it will only hurt you.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 2 questions about turbos, please help (ion_four)

i'm building my engine right now, never turboed before, i used to run nitrous, but that got boring after a wile. so i'm moving on to biger and better things. i got a T3 tubo for realy cheap. it is re-built but the guy i bought it from said that he doesnt know alot about turbos but he thinks the compressor wheel needs to be replace, he said it looks like a small bolt fell in there wile it was spining and chipped the wheel. thats why i was asking. i havent got the turbo yet, it's on the way