Notices

(2/9/04) JRSCer HELP! Anyone live near (zip)91206 in the Los Angeles area??????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (2/9/04) JRSCer HELP! Anyone live near (zip)91206 in the Los Angeles area??????????

I have a friend in the los angeles area that needs some serious SCer help ASAP.
He has a JRSCed GS-R that he bought off of another guy that had all the work done to the car already.
My friend (Eric) doesn't really know to much about wrenching on SCers and Honda motors. Just a beginner but willing to learn.

He tried installing a new SCer belt but has run into some problems.
He needs the car as an Everyday form of transportation but can't move it till it's fixed.

Is there anyone in this board that lives close to him and is willing to drop by and help a brother out ????????????
money bribes are also an option here!!!!!!!!! Heh
I'd love to jump over there, But I live in Tampa Fl. , So thats not going to happen any time soon! heh

Please contact me ASAP then I can get his info and phone number to you.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (2/9/04) JRSCer HELP! Anyone live near (zip)91206 in the Los Angeles area?????????? (Outkasted24

What exactly is the problem hes experiencing? Maybe we can help him through here.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (2/9/04) JRSCer HELP! Anyone live near (zip)91206 in the Los Angeles area?????????? (Outkasted24

Long story short.......
He's in the process of changing a belt on his SCer, but the belts were to small appearently so he took them back.
He tried reinstalling the old belt but now last night after everything was put back to original, He has this bad metal on metal sound that sounds like it's coming from the crank/adjuster pulley area.
He had a tick tick sound and the car only has 28,xxxish (?) miles, so he determined it was the SCer belt and metal belt adjuster pulley that was worn.

He just needs an extra set of hands and a head with some SCer knowledge to get him back on the road ASAP.
he has school and other things to do but is without a form of transportation till he can get his Teg. back on the road.

-Jeff