Notices

2.5 omni map tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 omni map tune

Does any one tune turbo car/ turbo chip to 2.5 bar map sensor.

I tried to get one off a ebay seller and it notes * stock map sensor only*

I asked and he tells me stock map is good untill 11psi. Anything over that and things explode. He does not tune anything else.

So with that being said. I have a omni 2.5 map sensor and larger injectors I would like to get base map for. Car runs now I put a lower PSI Wastegate spring. It now shoots right up to 5psi and thats all.

Can anyone help out? Or just take it to get dyno tune and they can work it all out there with injectors and map
Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.5 omni map tune

Check out phearable.net

They are a sponsor here.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:11 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The people on eBay don't tune crap. Unless they are offering remote connection services it is impossible to get even "remotely" close to a good tune. The stock MAP sensor does not "explode" at 11psi it just wasn't designed to give operate any higher. You should NEVER be boosting on a base map. Also, I am suprised it's running at all with larger injectors, I highly doubt it unless you put the stock back in.

Your absolute best bet is to get it tuned by a real tuner and not screw around with some joke on eBay.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW guys. Sorry. I was still half asleep when I was typing.

Took it out of context. Here we go again. Was told that "things" start to explode" not the map sensor. like maby a piston will explode or the headgasket area may POP.

So maby it was my fault for being half asleep and not being clear on what will explode. How about I just post the message up as follows I got.

"i only tune on OEM map sensors.

which is good up to 11psi.

I won't tune any PSI above that.... thats when motors blow up. so i don't venture there unless i personally dyno tune your car "

SO it looks like he wants to play it safe. What I am looking for is a chip or base map. AKA tune. To get me CLOSE.

*I had relay some info to another guy and he got my tune on my truck REAL CLOSE. So he got it pretty good*

I know little to nothing about this. I am more of a mechanical person rather than a computer technician

I never put the injectors in. I plan on either getting a chip with updated info to handle my NEW UNINSTALLED 2.5 BAR MAP, as well as 440CC injectors UNINSTALLED. Right now the car runs with stock map/stock injectors.

Pulls super hard. Sees 10lb boost no problem. I want to fix the issue with putting my new in the package sensor and injectors in. (I know I cant do it untill it has been tuned) I put a lower 5psi Spring in the wastegate and it is some what better.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:07 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I tune a lot, both Import and Domestic. I can assure you, GMs and Fords are a LOT more forgiving.

So again, I will say this - That guy is obviously and idiot. Boost pressure is 100% completely irrelevant unless a specific known turbo is being used that has solid information behind it. The more likely reason he "doesn't tune above 11psi" is because he has no clue how to offset the scalars in Crome.

You are practically beyond help yourself by boosting untuned. You will be extremely lucky if you haven't already done damage to the rings or lands. I would NEVER call a base map a tune. It gets too confusing for the ingrates out there. Either way your best bet is Phearable or just go get the damn thing TUNED before you have to start all over again. Do NOT go into boost until it is tuned NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basemap chip for 2.5 bar omnipower map sensor:
http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...emap-p-60.html

A basemap is an ecu program is specifically modified for your vehicle & its modifications.
A basemap cannot be relied on to be used as a final tune for a setup like yours unless you use a
widbeand oxygen sensor gauge to monitor your vehicle's air fuel ratios.
You should monitor your air fuel ratios to make sure they are within spec of being safe.
If they are not within spec you should seek a local dyno tuner to have the vehicle dyno tuned.

The ultimate tuning solution would be a hondata s300 system and a wideband oxygen sensor gauge kit such as the innovate MTX-L
The s300 systems can be found on our website: http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...ages-p-39.html
If you want to be able to use boost by gear, we recommend using the hondata boost control option.

The innovate mtx-l wideband gauge can also be found on our website: http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...844-p-219.html