Notices

*First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2

i have never ever worked with this motor before soo i would like to know the easiest and CHEAPEST way to turbocharge it......im a BIG FAN of turbos do too the sneezy like sound when u let off the gas....PLZ HELP NEED ANSWERS QUICKLY!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: *First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2 (91_Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91_Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have never ever worked with this motor before soo i would like to know the easiest and CHEAPEST way to turbocharge it......im a BIG FAN of turbos do too the sneezy like sound when u let off the gas....PLZ HELP NEED ANSWERS QUICKLY!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are a "big fan" of turbos, then you should know that half assing a setup isn't the way to fun. Sure, you can do a junkyard setup, but careful planing will be the key. Just slapping on any old mix of components won't yield desirable results. ESPECIALLY with a D15.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easy and cheap....i didn't know that went with turbos. I thought i was getting away easy and cheap, and after searching for 5 months for parts, i spent a total of $2700 on my set up. That's the entire set up w/ mostly new or very lightly used parts
Old 03-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">easy and cheap....i didn't know that went with turbos. I thought i was getting away easy and cheap, and after searching for 5 months for parts, i spent a total of $2700 on my set up. That's the entire set up w/ mostly new or very lightly used parts</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess that depends on what you are boosting and what your definition of cheap is. I have $1,200 into my whole setup including having the snail rebuilt.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Schister66)

My buddy boosted his D15b7 4 door civ (basically same motor) and ran high 14s with his setup, but he couldnt launch and neither could I so we never hit mid-low 14s like the car was capable of. He spent like $1400 on everything. Some stuff new, some stuff used. Search, you'll find a lot of info floating around on this stuff.

Blaze
Old 03-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Blaze45)

cheap and reliable wont be fast
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont be cheap

Old 03-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go do some research on homemadeturbo.com
Old 03-05-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: *First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2 (91_Hatch)

thanks for the tips.....but i have a question about another motor swapping into my car....a friend of my that has a 92 eagle talon tsi told me that tha 4G63T can be placed into a civc with minor modifications to the engine bay...if its possible plz tell how cuz i can get a 4g63t from a 91 eagle talon awd with a fwd tranny with the axles,computer,wireharness,ect...every thing for a full swap for $300 all i gotta do is driver 30 miles to pick it up...if this is worth it i would like to try.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91_Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the tips.....but i have a question about another motor swapping into my car....a friend of my that has a 92 eagle talon tsi told me that tha 4G63T can be placed into a civc with minor modifications to the engine bay...if its possible plz tell how cuz i can get a 4g63t from a 91 eagle talon awd with a fwd tranny with the axles,computer,wireharness,ect...every thing for a full swap for $300 all i gotta do is driver 30 miles to pick it up...if this is worth it i would like to try.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya do it and tell us how it goes, and show us some pics
Old 03-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91_Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the tips.....but i have a question about another motor swapping into my car....a friend of my that has a 92 eagle talon tsi told me that tha 4G63T can be placed into a civc with minor modifications to the engine bay...if its possible plz tell how cuz i can get a 4g63t from a 91 eagle talon awd with a fwd tranny with the axles,computer,wireharness,ect...every thing for a full swap for $300 all i gotta do is driver 30 miles to pick it up...if this is worth it i would like to try.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL....
Old 03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2 (aallbbeerrtttttt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aallbbeerrtttttt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..........wow...i had my dose of stupid for the WEEK</TD></TR></TABLE>I've seen it done in a hatch.

Just cost's alot of money.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2 (AbitAvenger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AbitAvenger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen it done in a hatch.

Just cost's alot of money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive seen it too.
Not worth it.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
The Boot

there was a recent thread running around where a kid swapped a 4g63 into an EF...

thats a lot of work that only serious dedication could accomplish.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to clarify what i said above, im boosting my ONLY car...a 99 GSR. I want it to be reliable so i'm spending the money i have to in order to keep it in good running order for a long time. I don't want to cheap out on one part and have it wreck my entire engine....
Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 PM

i understand that the swap would cost alot...right now this car is a project car till i get my license in feb next year(yes a long time away) soo i have plenty of time to do watever i can to the car...my two older brothers keep telling me my cars a waste of time.....but they joke around alot cuz the local ricers....i have 3 options...a 4g63t custom swap, a h23a swap, or the stock d15b2 turbo,not sure but i think the h23a would be the best choice...and does anyone have a clue from wat car i can get the rear leather seats from that are a direct bolt in.. and where can i connect a 4point racing harnet(seat belts)????? lost in many many subjects for this car.. accept suspension and exhaust wize..i was told the best option right now would be a mini me swap with a tdo5 turbo and a custom 2.5" exhaust so itll be unique in my area....
Old 03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have lots of searching to do.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91_Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i understand that the swap would cost alot...right now this car is a project car till i get my license in feb next year(yes a long time away) soo i have plenty of time to do watever i can to the car...my two older brothers keep telling me my cars a waste of time.....but they joke around alot cuz the local ricers....i have 3 options...a 4g63t custom swap, a h23a swap, or the stock d15b2 turbo,not sure but i think the h23a would be the best choice...and does anyone have a clue from wat car i can get the rear leather seats from that are a direct bolt in.. and where can i connect a 4point racing harnet(seat belts)????? lost in many many subjects for this car.. accept suspension and exhaust wize..i was told the best option right now would be a mini me swap with a tdo5 turbo and a custom 2.5" exhaust so itll be unique in my area....</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have ever done an H swap into an EG, much less an EF, you would prolly run away from that idea. I could not imagine the amount of cutting needed to get it in an EF. I had to remove a section of the frame in an EG to get an H22 in using Hasports newest mounts... and yes, this is part of the install "procedure".. Its a whole lot of work for nothing in my opinion, but when people pay, you do as they like. Personally, I would put a B series in LONG before I even THOUGHT about an H, and I would turbo a D before I spent the money on a B
Old 03-07-2006, 10:15 AM

wait are you talking about putting an eagle talon AWD motor/tranny into a honda? how do you plan to mount the motor/tranny to your engine bay? and after that how do you plan to connect the wheels to the transmission so your car will move? Seems youv got the ecu figured out though, **** just put the talon wireing harness in there and the talon ecu. hmmmm..... How do you plan to get the basic electronics of your japanese made car working? i.e speedometer, any lights on the dash that you think you might ever need, etc. O right the Eagle Talon ECU and wiring harness should match right up. think before type.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 AM

Default Re: *First time tuner*Easiest and cheapest way to turbo a d15b2 (donkiman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donkiman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait are you talking about putting an eagle talon AWD motor/tranny into a honda? how do you plan to mount the motor/tranny to your engine bay? and after that how do you plan to connect the wheels to the transmission so your car will move? Seems youv got the ecu figured out though, **** just put the talon wireing harness in there and the talon ecu. hmmmm..... How do you plan to get the basic electronics of your japanese made car working? i.e speedometer, any lights on the dash that you think you might ever need, etc. O right the Eagle Talon ECU and wiring harness should match right up. think before type.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you seem to be a smart ***....well i plan on working on **** when it goes....and obviously i plan on using the fwd tranny...and custom fit the motor mounts....trust me im not a dumbass...and other people should think before typing....like those stupid asses making fun of me cuz i wanted to do a swap that HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.....and also u should think about thinking before you type so you yourself dont look like a dumbass