Notices

** PISTONS for LS/VTEC?? **

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** PISTONS for LS/VTEC?? **

whats up everyone.... i know this should be in hybrid section but i am in here all the time and you guys are much more knowledgable!!!

well since my rings are going in my ls motor..... im gonna sell the turbo and throw in some new pistons and rings and slap on a b16 head that my friend has for free its got some work done to it like p&p, bronze valve guides, 3 angle valve job...... im going to go with CTR cams...... what pistons should i run in it?? it is going to be all motor so no turbo...... also what valve train should i run wiht the CTR cams??? and should i get the exhaust cam also or use the b16 exhaust cam??
thanks guys!!
geoff
Old 10-28-2002, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** PISTONS for LS/VTEC?? ** (boostinb18)

Im not sure about your piston question, but i hope you know that the VTEC head will not just slap on the LS block. There is a fair amount of work that needs to be done.

rob
Old 10-28-2002, 04:09 AM

Do you mean what compression you should run?
Compression all depends on what fuel setup you already have or plan to use.
If you can find just the intake ctr cam, then you should be alright with that.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats up everyone.... i know this should be in hybrid section but i am in here all the time and you guys are much more knowledgable!!!

well since my rings are going in my ls motor..... im gonna sell the turbo and throw in some new pistons and rings and slap on a b16 head that my friend has for free its got some work done to it like p&p, bronze valve guides, 3 angle valve job...... im going to go with CTR cams...... what pistons should i run in it?? it is going to be all motor so no turbo...... also what valve train should i run wiht the CTR cams??? and should i get the exhaust cam also or use the b16 exhaust cam??
thanks guys!!
geoff
Why are you going from turbo to n/a?
just curious.

As for your question i would say go for some JE 11.5:1 or even Arias makes some that will yield similar compression.

gen2teg

[Modified by GEN2TEG, 1:54 PM 10/28/2002]
Old 10-28-2002, 01:49 PM

Default Re: ** PISTONS for LS/VTEC?? ** (GEN2TEG)

rjardy: yes i know how to build a LS/vtec, and my firend who has done seriously probably 100 of them is helping me do it

as for fuel im running pretty stock besides a b&m fpr and a v-afc.

and the reason im going NA is right now i have a sohc greddy tdo4h-15g kit on my LS and it is waayyyyyy to small!! i get compressor surge constantly! i get a ton of wheel spin the the power just dies off at liike 4500 rpm........... and now my rings are going bad, oily air from valve cover and low comp #'s....... and i was talking to my friend( the one that does the ls/vtec's all the time) and i was talking to him about what i should do....... and he owes me money so he is giving me the bult b16 head for free and hes going to get me pistons and rings and were gonna do the labor....and if i replace the rings and maybe my headgasket all i will have is a NA ls and i dont have the money to get the turbo i want right now or the fuel mamngement so ill hold off for a while, i start a new job in a week and thats when my car is going to come up a lot!..... and the LS/VTEC will be all for free and ill sell the turbo i have and i want to get a Y1 tranny also which is going to be expensive! but anyways thats why im going NA...... in the near future i will build another crx with either a LS, b16 or gsr turbo! but start completely proper no crappy used kits and messed up piping! ill convert to obd1 get hondata or aem ems and piece together a full setup of my liking....... and i really miss all motor VTEC!!
Old 10-29-2002, 01:07 AM

bump