***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 08:42 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official Nitrous Thread***

Wizards of NOS have nitrous discharge tubes as well as nozzles, and they seem to be the only ones to offer discharge tubes. (Which is why it's super difficult to find anything online related to them.) In theory, the less phase change you have in the liquid nitrous, the better. Things like 90 degree bends, diameter changes, ect, can all negatively effect flow. A discharge tube looks to be similar to an annular nozzle in that the nitrous has a straight shot to the port. But where annular nozzles have an internal orifice to change the spray pattern, discharge tubes do not.

Discharge tubes:

I guess I was just wondering if anyone has ever used them or something similar. I've seen similar things on ITB setups where it's just a U bend into the ITB.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ah i understand, i saw that style on xenocrons nitrous k20 project car from years ago. i think those would be benficial if you were spraying a really large shot but for a street application i think youll be fine with regular nozzle kit. just a guess tho.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a newb to nitrous but have recently acquired a 13:1 lsv forged rods and pistons engine. I was wanting to put a large shot of nitrous on it and was wondering what precautions to take to do it. Or even if it is realistic. I was hoping to put a 150 to 200 shot on it direct port (also currently owned). Is the compression going to hinder how large of a shot I can put on it or because I have forged internals am I safe to run such a large shot? I have had alot of conflicting information and understand a tune will be needed regardless of the size of the shot. Thank you in advance for any help given and please do not flame for I am only here to further my knowledge on this and many other issues to come. Thank you.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jonesracing38
I am a newb to nitrous but have recently acquired a 13:1 lsv forged rods and pistons engine. I was wanting to put a large shot of nitrous on it and was wondering what precautions to take to do it. Or even if it is realistic. I was hoping to put a 150 to 200 shot on it direct port (also currently owned). Is the compression going to hinder how large of a shot I can put on it or because I have forged internals am I safe to run such a large shot? I have had alot of conflicting information and understand a tune will be needed regardless of the size of the shot. Thank you in advance for any help given and please do not flame for I am only here to further my knowledge on this and many other issues to come. Thank you.
Your compression ratio will be fine if youre running good fuel. Pump e85 at a minimum - c85, e98, q16, or methanol if you have the money. Fuel is priority with a nitrous system, consistency and quality are key to keeping the engine alive. Dry would be ideal in my opinion, let your engine management do the extra fueling. 150 should be just fine, 200 would be pushing it on stock sleeves, but if you and your tuner are comfortable with it, go for it. Youre gonna need really cold plugs too, 8s at a minimum, 9s would be ideal.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1
Your compression ratio will be fine if youre running good fuel. Pump e85 at a minimum - c85, e98, q16, or methanol if you have the money. Fuel is priority with a nitrous system, consistency and quality are key to keeping the engine alive. Dry would be ideal in my opinion, let your engine management do the extra fueling. 150 should be just fine, 200 would be pushing it on stock sleeves, but if you and your tuner are comfortable with it, go for it. Youre gonna need really cold plugs too, 8s at a minimum, 9s would be ideal.
Hey thank you for your help and information. I have already thought about going e85 so now that you have mentioned it I will go that route. By any chance does anyone know an approximate hp the stock sleeves become an issue and preventative measures other than sleeving. Thank you again for the response, knowledge, and advice.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jonesracing38
Hey thank you for your help and information. I have already thought about going e85 so now that you have mentioned it I will go that route. By any chance does anyone know an approximate hp the stock sleeves become an issue and preventative measures other than sleeving. Thank you again for the response, knowledge, and advice.
No problem. There isnt a set number that sleeves live or die at. Ive seen guys break at 340 and ive seen engines live above 600 for years. Alot of it has to do with how good the tune is, how good the fuel is, how well you stay on top of maintenance ( getting you injectors cleaned periodically, changing filters, etc)
Old 11-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi all
im just speculating and doing more research here for one of my longtime nitrous build

i have some questions

i have a b series motor
i have a nitrous kit wet nos 75 shot
everything was suppose to be tapped at the cold air intake bla bla the normal

but I got to thinking more fun for direct port
ive read direct port you drill each runner 1/8 npt for fogged size correct??

now I have a edelbrock performer x intake manifold
it has 1/8 npt’s and 3/8npt’s predrill tapped from factory.

runner 2 has a 3/8 npt and a runner 3 has a 3/8 npt
i can step those down to 1/8 npt

then I was wondering cheap version direct port

install my single frogger nozzle kit 1/8 npt into my intake manifold directly

Cheap man direct port ?? Or just stupid ??
any thoughts and input?
im just window brainstorming.
i understand. Running doing the cold air intake jet way cyl1 usually gets the most nos creating unbalance

my way putting the single frogger nitrous jet directly into intake manifold. The runner 2 or runner 3 has best center located bung theyre 3/8 npt I can step down to 1/8 npt screw in my nitrous jet just maybe angle it towards back of intake manifold facing firewall so it even balance out spray a little more?

what u guys think lol weird idea poor man directing hahah

ps this is my turbo setup
i have another setup which is nitrous
and want to buy Another edelbrock performer x for b16 for my nitrous build

(idk why I have a thing for the edelbrock performer x im’s street cars ya no lol)
Old 11-19-2019, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 801 Likes on 741 Posts

A single nozzle must go in the intake tube before the throttle body inlet/blade. Direct port nozzles must be installed into the top or bottom of each intake runner and NOT at the back of the Plenum as you have described. You decide which.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Been a min