Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread***

heres a little video of my weekend at #gridlife. was 80+ degrees all weekend and average IAT was about 165 F. hottest i saw for a split second was 181 F.
Warning 360 video. use compatible browser or device

Old 06-13-2017, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by porofek
Hey guys. So I finally finished my install but I ran into an issue where my car will crank but not fire up. I don't have any CELs so I'm not sure what's going on. I am getting spark, fuel pump is priming and there is fuel pressure. I am running a JRSC LHT fuel map from the original owner of my LHT setup. The only difference between his and my setup is that he was running 7psi with 440cc injectors and I'm est. to run 11ish psi on 1000cc injectors. I've updated the MAP and injector settings on the fuel map to match my new setup. Car ran fine and was able to start before I proceeded with the project. Anyone have any ideas?

B18C5
JR 3.8 Snout
JR 5.95 Crank
MVM Stepper Pulley
LHT Intercooler with heat exchanger
Ported S-Tube
68mm Throttle Body
Walbro 255 FP
AEM fuel rail + FPR
DeatschWerks 1000cc
P28 + Hondata S300 v3 + Rywire OBD2B to OBD1 harness
Hondata 4-bar MAP Sensor
Probably not the best way but will the car start on brake kleen?
Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by HeikDiesel
Is the iacv and IAT connected? double check the injector settings.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HeikDiesel
I wanted to make sure I had good fuel pressure and injector pulse before I moved onto other diagnostic tests. Both seem to be good. Injectors are pulsing when trying to crank over and fuel pressure shoots to 40 psi when fuel pump primes. It also maintains at 50 psi when car cranks. After priming or attempting to crank fuel pressure slowly drops. I just got a bottle of starter fluid and will try it tonight. If this doesn't work I am stumped.

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Is the iacv and IAT connected? double check the injector settings.
IACV and IAT plugs are connected and I'm pretty positive I didn't switch the two but I'll double check I have the correct plugs connected via wiring colors.

On another note, I noticed the JRSC manual says to reset the ignition timing based on fuel used but I have not done this at all (10 deg BTDC on 93 / 7 deg BTDC on 92). Could this be part of the issue? Also, I did not gap my spark plugs NOR did I use the recommended BRK7E plugs. Right now I'm running the NGK PFR7G-11 Laser Platinum Spark Plug. Not sure if these are related to my issue.

Last edited by porofek; 06-21-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone need idlers?

JRSC Jackson Racing Custom Idler Pulley 051-627 Prelude RSX Miata SVT Integra | eBay
Old 06-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by angryhillbilly
heres a little video of my weekend at #gridlife. was 80+ degrees all weekend and average IAT was about 165 F. hottest i saw for a split second was 181 F.
Warning 360 video. use compatible browser or device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPLoGWCNPE
LHT?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Black R
LHT?
yea
Old 06-27-2017, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've pulled my motor out to refresh and have decided to sell my supercharger setup. I'll be putting it on ebay, but I'd like to find a good home so thought I'd post it here first.

Endyn Ported M62 JRSC.
3.6" blower pulley
MVM stepper pulley
LHT Intercooler B16A manifold
Mustang Cobra Heat Exchanger
water pump
3" Kamikaze header
Boost suppression canister. (Works with your engine management to suppress boost in 1st gear if you want traction)
Includes 2 new blower gaskets
Could also include the CRV crank pulley

PM me if your interested. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:27 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have a stepper pulley for sale? my kit is missing one. Sad times

Thank you.

wrenm86@gmail.com
Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Veris: curious why you are parting with the JSRC?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wren-itr
Hi,

Does anyone have a stepper pulley for sale? my kit is missing one. Sad times

Thank you.

wrenm86@gmail.com
ill look if I have my original
Old 07-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ComptechGSRSC
ill look if I have my original
hi im new :-D
how can you tell if you have a stepper pulley over norm jrsc pulley ? ( que laughter )
Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

You look at the pulley... the "stepper" term means that there is a "step" in diameter from the front belt groove to the rear belt groove. The stock JRSC pulley is the same diameter from front to back, whereas, the "stepper" pulley is larger in diameter at the rear belt groove and smaller in diameter at the front belt groove. Google would have shown you this... and it doesn't laugh at you. Welcome to the board.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for clearing that up, makes sense, just wanted to double check . also looking for a b20 crankshaft pulley, are they all the same ?
Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by brettray1
thanks for clearing that up, makes sense, just wanted to double check . also looking for a b20 crankshaft pulley, are they all the same ?
They are NOT the same... the JDM crank pulley is larger than the USDM version... and larger makes more boost. Be careful.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread

Originally Posted by beat
Thank you!

I'll probably sell it in the $1300-1500 range. As the charger needs rebuild and I was quoted $800 from Stiegemeier. Seems the nose pulley bearing has failed.
Would you be willing to sell everything but the JRSC? If so, how much? Feel free to PM me.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Veris
I've pulled my motor out to refresh and have decided to sell my supercharger setup. I'll be putting it on ebay, but I'd like to find a good home so thought I'd post it here first.

Endyn Ported M62 JRSC.
3.6" blower pulley
MVM stepper pulley
LHT Intercooler B16A manifold
Mustang Cobra Heat Exchanger
water pump
3" Kamikaze header
Boost suppression canister. (Works with your engine management to suppress boost in 1st gear if you want traction)
Includes 2 new blower gaskets
Could also include the CRV crank pulley

PM me if your interested. Thanks.
I'm looking for parts for my B18C1 supercharger build. Is the header you have compatible with B18C1? Is there anything else on your list that might work for me?
Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got jrsc kit used locally. The seller told me it is for type r.

I have b16a2 99 civic em1.

Today, i was installing jrsc and found out the manifold doesn't line up properly.

The mani is gsr manifold.

I'm thinking I will go machine shop tomorrow to get the mani drilled out so it matches to b16 head.

What you guys think?

What should I do with coolant port? I know I have to drill another coolant port so it matches to b16 head but should I leave original port or block it off?

Last edited by zerg336; 07-25-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just dropped my gsr intake manifold off at local shop with b16 gasket so they can match and drill the mani out.

I also found that I have to use gsr throttle body, bracket and cable.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zerg336
i got jrsc kit used locally. The seller told me it is for type r.

I have b16a2 99 civic em1.

Today, i was installing jrsc and found out the manifold doesn't line up properly.

The mani is gsr manifold.

I'm thinking I will go machine shop tomorrow to get the mani drilled out so it matches to b16 head.

What you guys think?

What should I do with coolant port? I know I have to drill another coolant port so it matches to b16 head but should I leave original port or block it off?
Originally Posted by zerg336
Just dropped my gsr intake manifold off at local shop with b16 gasket so they can match and drill the mani out.

I also found that I have to use gsr throttle body, bracket and cable.
This really isn't going to work. You need to either find someone with the proper Intake Manifold and buy it or trade them... or find a cylinder head that matches your kit's Intake Manifold. The intake ports are in a different location from one head to the other and the coolant bypass hose location is completely different. "Drilling holes" with a gasket as a template is simply too simplistic. When you lay the gasket over the face of the intake manifold, you will see.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know the intake ports on jrsc gsr mani do not match with b16 gasket 100%.

I tried.

During my research, I found

Originally Posted by rmcdaniels
It will work, you just have to be handy with a drill. The castings are the same and the lower bolt holes are the same, just the upper bolt holes and the water port need to be drilled out, then the water port needs to be tapped. It takes me about an hour to do one, and I've done several. I currently run a B16 manifold on my GSR head with no problems. Here's a pic of another one that I did:

If you're really interested in a JRSC kit, then please check out the one I'm selling now. It's originally for a ITR and should fit right on your B16.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...20793
Originally Posted by AcuraIntegraLS-T
If yo search you will find out that you can drill the jrsc b16 manifold to fit the gsr head, the manifolds are made from the same cast. It has been done before.
Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
Not hard at all. I've done it myself, all of the manifolds seem to be cast the same.
Originally Posted by rmcdaniels
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RPM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd be interested in the LHT intercooler setup if you are willing to sell it separately from the SC. I have one problem though, I have a B18C5. If I have a B16 manifold, can I chop off the runners/flange from this manifold and weld them onto a GSR LHT manifold?Modified by RPM at 11:34 AM 4/14/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

Both manifolds are made from the same casting. B16 and B18C5 are identical manifolds, the heads are made from the same castings. B18C1 manifolds are differend as the heads are different.

If you find a B16 manifold then you are good to go. If you find a GSR manifold then it is fairly easy to modify. My manifold was originally for a B16, but I modified it for my new GSR head.

The lower manifold bolts are the same, but the upper bolts are slightly different, so you just have to drill them out using your intake manifold gasket as a template. The coolant passage is in a different spot, but that just requires a big drill bit to make a new coolant hole and a big NPT tap for the water fitting. I've done it to a few manifolds without any problems.

All jrsc mani are made form the same cast. That means, b16 jrsc manifold's intake port are not 100% match with my head. Isn't it?

Since I'm in Canada and I already spent money to get my mani fixed, I'd like to modify and keep my mani unless it's not going to work.

I left my mani at local machine shop. They told me it will take about a week to get it done because they are busy.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So, you laid the B16A gasket over the JRSC manifold and saw exactly what I explained... and yet you still want to do what rmcdaniels did which is a poor hack job ??? You would have to use your B16A gasket as a template and drill ALL 10 holes... including the ones on the bottom so your intake ports line up on the cylinder head. You will also need to weld up the cooling bypass port and re-drill a new hole in the proper location and thread it. Next, you will need to drill the two holes in the top of the intake manifold on the flat space at the passenger side rear corner (close to the throttle body) for the throttle wire stay bracket unless you intend to use a GSR throttle body.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I can get b16 mani, I'd love to get it. But no one is currently selling just for manifold.

Yes I'm currently sourcing GSR throttle body with bracket.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

UPDATE: So it ended up being all the blow by from my PCV setup. Apparently my stock oil separator isn't separating oil lol. I followed the JRSC install to the "t" and routed my stock PCV return line (coming out of the oil separator) to the underside of the s-tube. My immediate fix is to add a baffled catch can in the return line to catch the excess oil vapors that my oil separator didn't catch before it routes back into the s-tube.

OLD POST:
Hey guys. So I removed my throttle body yesterday and I noticed I had accumulated some liquid sitting in my s-tube. It smells like a mixture of oil and fuel. The color has a green tint so maybe there's coolant in there as well? I have no idea where this is coming from. Could it be possible that the vacuum fitting on the bottom side of the s-tube is bringing in oil from the oil separator? Or perhaps the seals on my charger is leaking supercharger oil?

It looks like there's residue on top where the bypass valve outlet meets the s-tube as well.

Here's a picture of the mess
Attached Images  

Last edited by porofek; 08-11-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: re-adding photo and giving update on the problem encountered
Old 08-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you guys think about PCV/Oil catch can setup in the pictures?

I plan to keep original pcv setup but I do not want any oil or blowby get into the charger.

I need advice on catch can setup.

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***