***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: ***The Official JRSC Thread

ace hardware should sell spacers you require, i believe they are about 1/4 thickness
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spawne32
ace hardware should sell spacers you require, i believe they are about 1/4 thickness
I used some air hose(compressor 2ply) cut into 1/4 pieces here, figured it was semi pliable but rigid enough to support the rail. NO leaks yet.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:26 AM
R.I.P. Mark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My overdue build thread is up n started
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...4#post48234814
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LHT cooled
MVM stepper pulley
B20 crank pulley
14psi
CP pistons
Manley rods
Supertech valvetrain

Thanks Veris for all the tips!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant believe i cant get people to buy my stuff lol i had 10 inquires saying they wanted to buy and everyone backed out at the last second
Old 12-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats the preferred setup for a JSRC on a stock d15b7? Not looking for high HP, just some fun.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 AM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

m62, bolt ons, 3.0" pulley, e85

Old 12-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant believe i cant get people to buy my stuff lol i had 10 inquires saying they wanted to buy and everyone backed out at the last second
i have been trying to sell mine for quite some time. it still has not sold.

i had a jrsc for a d series and it was shipped out the door as soon as it was off the car.

the b series and jrsc is still on my car awaiting a new buyer.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If its running rich on 2psi they didnt scale your boost tables very well. However, you need to check for leaks in the sealing surfaces when the car is running. Easiest way to do this is with a can of carb cleaner, you just spray the carb cleaner around any area where there could potentially be a gap (gasket mating surfaces typically), if there is a leak, the car will suck the cleaner in and cause it to bog slightly (its combustible so it wont hurt your car unless you drown it in it).

The boost bypass valve is the black piece on the back of the manifold, it does have a vac line going to it that should be hooked up to one of your S tube ports.

Found out what the problem was, it was the boost bypass valve it didnt open and close all the way, it moved a little so i thought it was working properly but I guess it wasn't, but now im back at 6 psi :D Thanks for all the help...
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by beat
LHT cooled
MVM stepper pulley
B20 crank pulley
14psi
CP pistons
Manley rods
Supertech valvetrain

Thanks Veris for all the tips!
Nice numbers! Delicious Dyno!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got this up for sale.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251205011293?...84.m1555.l2649

Been out of the supercharger thing for a while now.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shane(showtime)
Got this up for sale.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251205011293?...84.m1555.l2649

Been out of the supercharger thing for a while now.
been a long time since ive seen one of those on the market
Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys, I was told to post this question here.

What should someone look for when buying a used super charger?

Also, I found one that "has a nick in one of the impellers and you can hear a slight noise if you turn the pulley by hand and put your ear to it"

Is this fatal? Can it be machined if the unit is bought for the right price?

thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM
R.I.P. Mark

A pic of the damage would help alot

they can have small nicks in them this is normal

what to look for
is the rotor coating intact
any clunking when you turn the pulley back n forth
and does it come with all the bits needed

tell us what motor is it off
so you can then get a copy of the instructions and check the parts list
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 863 Likes on 800 Posts

After reading a couple of the first few pages of this thread, and then the last two pages... I must say it truly warms my heart to see so many people using my product.

For those who don't know me... I am the manufacturer of the MVM stepper pulley. I have been closely and intimately associated with the JRSC family of products since 1998.

Unfortunately, the sun has set on the B,D and H-series kits... which I find to be quite sad. There was a viable market for this product, however, we are at a crossroads.

As said above, the most important thing to keep in mind when purchasing a used kit is that it is COMPLETE. Be very cautious about purchasing any kit that isn't currently on a "running" car. Moss has very little left on the shelf to complete any counter-rotating kits... so if you don't get everything except maybe drive belts... you may end up "creating" some of your own parts. There are a few of us that still have limited parts in stock, but those levels are dwindling fast.

I am always happy to help with tech support if any members need it, so feel free to call me at the shop.

Thank you all again for using my pulleys.

Motorvations Motorsports
(205) 661-3600
Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
After reading a couple of the first few pages of this thread, and then the last two pages... I must say it truly warms my heart to see so many people using my product.

For those who don't know me... I am the manufacturer of the MVM stepper pulley. I have been closely and intimately associated with the JRSC family of products since 1998.

Unfortunately, the sun has set on the B,D and H-series kits... which I find to be quite sad. There was a viable market for this product, however, we are at a crossroads.

As said above, the most important thing to keep in mind when purchasing a used kit is that it is COMPLETE. Be very cautious about purchasing any kit that isn't currently on a "running" car. Moss has very little left on the shelf to complete any counter-rotating kits... so if you don't get everything except maybe drive belts... you may end up "creating" some of your own parts. There are a few of us that still have limited parts in stock, but those levels are dwindling fast.

I am always happy to help with tech support if any members need it, so feel free to call me at the shop.

Thank you all again for using my pulleys.

Motorvations Motorsports
(205) 661-3600
It's ashame to see the roots blower fall so short of what it was actually capable of on the B series merely for the fact that jackson racing didn't really invest the kind of money that needed to be invested to make the kits work well.

The overall concept of designing a new manifold and attaching the blower to the under side of the manifold was genius, but a better design to the manifold, and more importantly, a different choice in blower is what was the make or break difference with JRSC's. The 3rd generation eatons that came with the B series kits were the limiting factor to the potential of roots blowers on these car's, and the components that came with the kit to make it "run" were a absolute joke. I had all the plans laid out to design a different blower setup for the B, but the problem was getting the blower at cost. A eaton tvs, whipple, lysholm, or even a 5th gen eaton blower all cost wayyyyy more then the price of the kit itself, i was quoted around 2600 bucks back when I looked for just the OEM blower itself, not to mention the sheet metal work that would need to be done to the manifold to mod it to work with the larger blower.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some logistical problems with respect to the blower assembly itself restricted redesigning the "B" series kits... specifically, the availability of a "counter-rotating" blower assembly. Compounding this, legal hurdles stalled just about any chance of redesign, even if Eaton/Magnusson could be coaxed into low production levels of counter-rotating blower assemblies.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry guys just moving off this topic i thought i would get a better response in this thread instead of the Want To Buy section.
I am after a Jackson Racing Supercharger for my 99 model Integra Type R, would prefer the LHT modded ones but any other will also do.
If anyone has one please PM me.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Some logistical problems with respect to the blower assembly itself restricted redesigning the "B" series kits... specifically, the availability of a "counter-rotating" blower assembly. Compounding this, legal hurdles stalled just about any chance of redesign, even if Eaton/Magnusson could be coaxed into low production levels of counter-rotating blower assemblies.
The 4th generation magnuson's at the time were readily available for aftermarket purchase, and at the time of TVS blowers inception magnuson had planned to sell them separately in counter rotating designs. I actually inquired about this several years ago when they actually had them listed with sizing and snout offerings in their catalog. I havent heard ANYTHING since that time about them selling just blowers and even if they did, the prices im sure would have been insane. It's a damn shame too because a TVS blower of comparable size would have yielded almost double the amount of power people were seeing with the M62 blowers on GSR's. The K series kits were evidence alone of how much difference in efficiency the blower made to power output. K series JRSC kits with the M62 were producing 300+ whp on the blower right out of the box, where as a B series M62 could barely break 250-275 with supporting mods.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
R.I.P. Mark

Originally Posted by Blulude98
Sorry guys just moving off this topic i thought i would get a better response in this thread instead of the Want To Buy section.
I am after a Jackson Racing Supercharger for my 99 model Integra Type R, would prefer the LHT modded ones but any other will also do.
If anyone has one please PM me.

Ill vouch for Blulude98
PLEASE sell him a kit
so he stops bugging me
he wants one so bad
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

4th generation and newer blowers from Eaton/Magnusson, as well as the TVS product, are all equipped with internal bypass valves and the discharge ports are different from the 3rd generation blowers, so some modifications to the intake manifold would have to be made.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EFSedan#6
Whats the preferred setup for a JSRC on a stock d15b7? Not looking for high HP, just some fun.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM
VC!
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Jim! Good to see you here on the site!

Vaughn
Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Vaughn... I am honored to be here.

... and you welcomed me with your very first post. I don't know what to say... lol

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***