***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: ***The Official JRSC Thread

Woah there partner, another topic you know nothing about! I've been around building engines and tuning as long if not longer than A/M, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet. Please don't drag other threads into this one.

If you were unaware anyone used them (other than the fact it's obvious), then look into it rather than posting nonsense. Taking the whole minute to do research rather than guessing will keep from making comments like these.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
Woah there partner, another topic you know nothing about! I've been around building engines and tuning as long if not longer than A/M, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet. Please don't drag other threads into this one.

If you were unaware anyone used them (other than the fact it's obvious), then look into it rather than posting nonsense. Taking the whole minute to do research rather than guessing will keep from making comments like these.
curious as to where i posted nonsense, i believe my exact statement was "id be interested in knowing if the steel ones actually work right " , which to me, means "id be interested in knowing if the steel ones actually works right". Well you may be asking yourself "why would he say such a thing?" well to be honest with you, id actually be interested in using them as a replacement rather then paying the ****tards over at moss 50 bucks for the nylon replacements. So im not sure why the need to get snippy about it in your last post when i was merely curious if they would actually be a suitable replacement.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Natural Aspirations
I gotta back Dan on this one, Boudreaux....Realizing that the link I was posting was for a Miata SC modifying site...and one simple click on "accessories" would've shown that these are used as a direct replacement for the 2.5" nylon ones and I wasn't just pulling something out of my ***....

Here ya go: http://www.trackdogracing.com/websit.../tensioner.htm

Somebody needs to get their hands on a CNC and some plate Aluminum and machine another version of the piece that holds the pulley that would give more adjustment.

I might just be a guinea pig on this one. I guess I'd need the FLAT pulleys...not the "machined" ones....
Old 08-21-2011, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If your interested Chris I have been considering the same thing and have a guy who can make them fairly cheap. I have the design laid out already and can the more I have made the better the price.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any of you guys running water injection? What's your setup?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by g2_teg_
Any of you guys running water injection? What's your setup?
3gph nozzle, 35/65 methanol/water washerfluid
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What JRSC setup are you running? (caranjo)

Originally Posted by 93supercoupe
my setup:

Gsr head, ls block
ARP Headstuds and rod bolts
P30 pistons
68mm STR TB w/ ported elbow

JRSC 10lbs
Water Injection
Uber w/ 440s and 255 pump and FPR

DC header w/ stock cat and NO exhaust
Fidnaza flywheel w/ ACT xtpp and 6 puck disc

No dyno numbers yet, but im hoping with 12lbs and a 50 wet shot would put me above 300whp.
What type of water injection? When does it spray?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone have any experience with the gates racing blue belts? We have a jrsc car that road races and we can beat on it at auto-x, drags, and when tuning, but as soon as it gets a few laps out on the road course it will kill a belt. We have been using off the shelf gates belts and are thinking about going trying the race blue blets just seeing if anyone has any input on these thanks.

Edit: seems that I can not find a top belt in the blue style, anyone know of any 24.5 or around that size belts that are kevlar reinforced?

Last edited by AcuraIntegraLS-T; 08-22-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

gates racing belts are fantastic quality, but finding them is utterly ridiculous because they dont have any catalog that i could find on the internet that gives you an entire size list.

on a side note, pulled my new plugs today, and they look fantastic, here is the ZFR6FGP i just put in last week

and the BCPR7ES-11 i was running before

Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spawne32
gates racing belts are fantastic quality, but finding them is utterly ridiculous because they dont have any catalog that i could find on the internet that gives you an entire size list.
Found a present for you: http://www.gatespowerpro.com/Comerge...TOKEN=49863927

Problem is....the sizes are limited. I was looking for a belt to use for my nose pulley & they don't have anything even close.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just talked to a guy with gates and he is telling me we can get any size racing belt we want made, we just have to buy a full drum of about 90 belts. I asked for a rough price quote but thought I would come here and see who would be interested in a nose belt in the 24.5ish size? If enough people bought a few belts this might be doable and I would assume that the price per belt would be way under the $50ish retail mark. Anyways if your interested please post here.

In case you don't know using the gates catalog above an example part number to search for would be k040245 this would be a 4 rib belt 24.5in, part numbers ending in rb are the race blue belts.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im currently using the Gates RB on my lower pulleys, seems to work fine. I do not believe they are Kevlar reinforced, could be wrong.

Currently running a 25" standard upper do to lack of ant other options.

I cannot stress this enough, ALIGNMENT will keep the belts lasting longer than anything else. The ASP pulleys would be the next step in the correct direction as they provide higher outer ridges to help prevent belts from jumping off.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the asp pulleys I ordered mine just after you did, my car doesn't seem to have an issue with off the self belts but I have not been on the road course yet. The car having issues also has no troubles off the road course, in all other forms of racing and general abuse. Only on the road course after a few 1.5min laps or so does this other car eat a belt. We have looked at the alignment and everything seems to be spot on, the only thing we can figure is the extreem heat let's the belt strech out on the course and the lack of an auto tensioner leads to the belt dying.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the alignment seems to be junk on the factory pulleys setup on my car, its off by at least 1 tooth in alignment between the crank pulley and the alternator, and i have no idea why because everything was installed properly. I had a blue gates racing belt i bought for the alt but the size i bought didnt fit.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have you been able to figure out how the belt is failing? Is it jumping off or breaking?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

By the time the car was back in all that was left together was a few strands the rest was frayed
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 275 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Spawne32

on a side note, pulled my new plugs today, and they look fantastic, here is the ZFR6FGP i just put in last week

and the BCPR7ES-11 i was running before

So what are those plugs your running now? NGK zfr6fgp and what gap?
where those old plugs your comparing them too also ran for one weak?
So what plugs are popular for supercharger setups i have a set of cold step ngk set at 3.5 gap i think not sure what plug number, they perform great but i just want to see what you guys use?

On another side note looks like you jrsc guys always have belt issues i know i did in the past, just saying it doesnt bug you guys that much? anyone running a full race setup at 16-18psi on the jrsc/LHT! i hit 18psi but diddnt fully tune the motor, although i had no pinging or det. i lowered it to 12psi. curiouse if theres anyone out there who has a full race setup at 18psi! i think the motor would of been around 300-350hp at least with 18psi and that would of been a fun power band!

Im going to retune my ATI procharger supercharger setup soon and bring up the boost from 7psi to 12psi with a few diffrent mods and hopefully compare this dyno to the LHT setup i had on the same motor @12 psi that hit 285hp. This should be around 350hp with 12psi and allot more fun!.
So i finnally got to race a fast car for once cause i really havent seen how i do against other fast or turbo cars ect. with the pro charger setup so i got to race a 2011 GT 500 cobra on the freeway the other night cause of course he chalenged me a few times, on a 3rd gear roll and i kept up with him until mid 4th gear and he pulled away 1-2 cars length but he was giving me mad props after, his cobra is factory supercharged and i wanna say it was at 7psi, but it was mean! but i think for my car to hang like it did i wanted to pat my self on the back, of course there was hardly any trafic on a nice highway stretch. I wish i already had 12psi i think i would of maybe pulled on him or at least kept up lol there about 450-500hp with the snake kit.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
So what are those plugs your running now? NGK zfr6fgp and what gap?
where those old plugs your comparing them too also ran for one weak?
So what plugs are popular for supercharger setups i have a set of cold step ngk set at 3.5 gap i think not sure what plug number, they perform great but i just want to see what you guys use?

Im a non vtec setup, factory plugs for non vtec's are ZFR5 for NGK plugs, factory for vtec teg's are BKR6. So the plugs that everyone has been recommending me to run with the JR kit were BCPR7ES-11, thats 2 steps colder then what the engine requires. There was no reason in my opinion for 2 step colder plugs with the mods i have, which i had suspected was part of the problem with the rough idle, which i was correct. Smooth as hell now with the new plugs, and after beating the **** out of them they look great. Those other plugs were in for a couple of months.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spawne32 - There's not much info you can get from a plug that has been ran for a month or a week, if you want to read plugs you need to do it the correct way.
wunfstgsr - what pulleys were you using when it made 18psi on what motor. Psi is a measurement of restriction, a larger number does not always = more power on these jrsc setups, in fact, a lower number on the same pulley configuration would mean less restriction and less power loss to drive the blower with the same cfm being produced (all other factors such as air temp and altitude kept the same). My setup is at 9-9.7 psi on my 2.0L and based in inlet temps and blower rpm I don't know how you would run it at 18psi. I do know I could put a nice restrictive exhaust on and make more boost, but not more power.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AcuraIntegraLS-T
Spawne32 - There's not much info you can get from a plug that has been ran for a month or a week, if you want to read plugs you need to do it the correct way.
wunfstgsr - what pulleys were you using when it made 18psi on what motor. Psi is a measurement of restriction, a larger number does not always = more power on these jrsc setups, in fact, a lower number on the same pulley configuration would mean less restriction and less power loss to drive the blower with the same cfm being produced (all other factors such as air temp and altitude kept the same). My setup is at 9-9.7 psi on my 2.0L and based in inlet temps and blower rpm I don't know how you would run it at 18psi. I do know I could put a nice restrictive exhaust on and make more boost, but not more power.
Im not sure i believe i had a ls cp endyn stepper pulley and a 3.8 nose pulley or something i thaught i had it set for 12psi but on the first dyno pull the boost gauge read 18.5 psi boost and he asked if i had sleaves on the block so i had to stop the dyno cause that wouldnt be smart on a stock ITR block. returned with 12psi and it hit 285hp.

Not being insulting but what do you meen a larger number does not always = more power? you mean a larger psi wont always give more hp? I dont get what your saying! more boost preasure will deff increase power! period. maybe untuned yea but if you put a restrictive ex and have it tuned im sure it will make something more!

And what do you mean you dont know how i could run it at 18psi. I had the jrsc pretty maxed out imo, I had a race version LHT manifold with a custom 70mm port and full race heat exchanger, with my pulley combo it made 18.5psi easilly, if i had sleaves they would of tuned it but it would of been fine. I had dual thermo hondata gaskets on the manifold and throtle body to reduce heat soak and cool the air further. details on the motors build and setup is here on pg 5.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2556604&page=5
Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Incorrect wungstgsr, on a roots blower like what is on these cars you are basically reading restriction like any FI but obviously you don't understand the dynamics and the differences between roots and turbo, And that's way more than I'm willing type. Tha'ts why if you have a stock i/h/e on a stock jackson kit you will make more psi then if you have a modified I/H/E. Put it this way my dad has a gsr sleeved to 84mm, 10:1 comp, ported head, gsr/itr cam combo/ 3.8 snout pulley/stepper pulley/b20 crank pulley,lht mani, ported blower, modified kamikazee header 3" collector with 3" exhaust, This car makes 6 psi... thats right 6 psi. It use to make around 8 ish until we did the exhaust and we lost 2 psi is it slower now? not a chance.

Last edited by powerneedy; 08-23-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by powerneedy
Incorrect wungstgsr, on a roots blower like what is on these cars you are basically reading restriction like any FI but obviously you don't understand the dynamics and the differences between roots and turbo, And that's way more than I'm willing type. Tha'ts why if you have a stock i/h/e on a stock jackson kit you will make more psi then if you have a modified I/H/E. Put it this way my dad has a gsr sleeved to 84mm, 10:1 comp, ported head, gsr/itr cam combo/ 3.8 snout pulley/stepper pulley/b20 crank pulley,lht mani, ported blower, modified kamikazee header 3" collector with 3" exhaust, This car makes 6 psi... thats right 6 psi. It use to make around 8 ish until we did the exhaust and we lost 2 psi is it slower now? not a chance.
I understand the less restrictive the ex is the less psi you will get but after the ex. change and you lost 2psi was it dynoed to see if the power was lost hp and tq wise or are you saying you dont feel a diffrence from the 2psi loss?

Is this the same concept with the gear-driven centrifugal superchargers?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fact: same pulleys and everything else on a 1.8L motor will make more boost than on a 2.0L motor.
So by your logic, the 1.8 with the higher psi will make more power...... this is wrong.
Fact: the more psi the blower is running the more power it takes to turn the blower.... so if you can reduce psi while keeping the same blower rpm you would then be increasing power, right? So in the same sense if you keep the same blower rpm and make a change that increases psi, you must be loosing power, unless it is a mod that would cause the charger to flow a higher cfm. It may not be as cut and dry as that but that is the basic idea.

So I understand that you were changing pulleys to reduce from the 18psi mark, but the same pulley configuration usually would not be that high in psi, so that leads me to think that there would have to be a restriction of some sort causing the high psi.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AcuraIntegraLS-T
Just talked to a guy with gates and he is telling me we can get any size racing belt we want made, we just have to buy a full drum of about 90 belts.
ROFL....You'd better open up an eBay acct, or something. 90 belts would take a while to run through. Not sure how many people you can get to go in with you. The JRSC doesn't have that much of a following on here....not nearly as much as Turbo, etc.

I don't need anything that long. My nose pulley is small (3.4"), making me need a shorter belt--even with the stepper. Otherwise, I'd be in for 5 or 6 belts of the size I need.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by C_Rock77
ROFL....You'd better open up an eBay acct, or something. 90 belts would take a while to run through. Not sure how many people you can get to go in with you. The JRSC doesn't have that much of a following on here....not nearly as much as Turbo, etc.

I don't need anything that long. My nose pulley is small (3.4"), making me need a shorter belt--even with the stepper. Otherwise, I'd be in for 5 or 6 belts of the size I need.
Well my hope was that some people on here would need 5 or 6 each and we could get a drum but thats not looking like it would happen.

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***