Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Originally Posted by 2000gsr-dragon
very cool im collecting parts to do this build myself on my thread, been trying to find away to aftercool the stock jrsc intake with laminova coils verse cutting the top of the jackson intake up. good luck with this build. also question ? are you still going to run high compression like befor ? im at the stage of block work and piston choices lol again good luck !
Thanks, you should go with a lht manifold its expensive but worth it i hear!, i was gonna actually go with a sleeved low comp. gsr block at 9:8 comp. ratio but then decided sleeves are not needed if im only hitting no more than 300hp, and for the price i was gonna pay which was $2,500-or $3,500 if i wanted sleeves and considering a few weaks to 2 months for turn around i started searching and found a factory new ITR block for $2,500 so i went wih that for a few reasons, its gonna be reliable cause its factory new and assembled by the factory, second it will take a weak to come in, 3rd boosting on a 81mm sleeve is not gonna hurt the block so i saved a little money and got reliability at the same time, now i dont have to worrie if the shop did a good job on the assembly of the block cause this is straight brand new from the factory and nothing runs better than a new itr motor!

[QOUTE=wunfstgsr] welll some slight change in plans instead of sending my motor out to be built and have to worrie how it will perform over time or how reliable it will be so i sold most everything and decided to build a fresh new itr motor from the dealer so its reliable and will be still a great motor compared to a built one say with rods and pistons ect.. i just want reliability in the end i was tired of the last two motors i had built burning oil so hopefully a new itr motor will treat me well heres what i got in mind:

new ITR head from dealer
new ITR block from dealer
new ITR trans from dealer
cc stg 4 clutch
new b16 jrsc,endyn stepper pulley,b20 crank pulley and 3.8 nose pulley =18.5 psi boost lol!!
LHT jrsc manifold with water cooler/ custom ported to 70mm with custom race heat exchanger anodized black
70mm tb
double thermal gaskets on tb and intake manifold
comptech ice box intake
01'' spec itr exhaust cam
01'' spec gsr intake cam
aem adj cam gears
rc 440cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
buddy club race header heat wraped with jdm itr heat shield
buddy club spec 3 catback
hondata s100 should hit 280+hp easily if all goes well.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 05-25-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: So the new ITR block and LHT manifold and race heat exchanger has arrived! the ITR block is real nice and clean! The heat exchanger is awsome! they did a nice job with the anodize! thanks LHT, it looks like a radiator! so i had some time and cleaned up and prepped the block, i installed the arp head studs and actually torqued the head down, tonight i will finish the long block, set the timing belt and set the valve lash. ill have more pics soon. next i need to get some extended studs for the manifold, and order my thermal gaskets im gonna sandwich two thermal gaskets together on the intake manifold and throtle body to aid in cooling.

Here is the LHT race version water to air heat exchanger custom anodized black for me to help look stock and be sleeper status.

Here's is the LHT modified manifold before!

After:

Here's the ITR block on the engine stand! more pics of the arp head studs and ITR head installed comming.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
TRIAL USER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loving the EVO IX seats
Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigKAHK
loving the EVO IX seats
Damn i know right! to bad i sold them a while back for a few reasons:
#1 there where not properly braced on the brackets!, only two corresponding mounts on the rails were bolted down!, this made me uneasy because they wont look so good when you fly out the car with the evo seat strapped on your but when your flung out in the event of a horrible accident not to say the seat belt will fail i just want safety in the end!
#2 i dont want any extra attention from thieves because the theme of this car is a sleeper so these seats are screaming, "steal this car! its got expensive seats!! remember i live in the heart of s.d! import race car capitol! so cops and thieves are on the hunt 24/7!!
#3 they had suede which would of soon faded from sitting in and out and then they will look ugly imo so i stuck with the gsr leather seats cause there safe and i love the leather over itr seats its just my opinion cause the itr seats fade to over time where as my seats are in 90% condition and a little McGuire leather conditioner wipes bring it back to life and make them smell so good lol..
Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OMFG! well it looks like the I5 is going to get some new rubber on it. so many parts in so little time. somone is BALLLIN
Old 03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=owen23;41970924]OMFG! well it looks like the I5 is going to get some new rubber on it. so many parts in so little time. somone is BALLLIN[/QUOT

That's for sure dude! dude im hardly ballin though lol, iv saved up for 5 months working 10 hour shifts 6 days a weak full time argh.. together with the money i got from selling my entire set up which was my gsr motor i pulled out and rebuilt my self with us itr pistons and gsr head all fresh and assembled 0 miles, and my M factory race transmition but it grinded 5th haha, and my complete jackson supper charger, and allot of little things i had laying around, so ya i did spend a **** load of money on my side but most i got back when i sold my setup.Im a enthusiast so the money really dont mean anything, i like to think of my car's build as a extension of me and my personality, i just cant wait to get this motor tuned and see how it feels especially this new itr trans!

update: so i got the head studs installed, a few of the holes felt real tight and stripped i wonder if it was a defect, but i managed to thread the arp studs on fine, head gasket installed, i set the head on, torqued it to spec, set the timing belt, the lower timing belt cover had to be modified, so a little trimming with my dremel fixed that, i got all the sensors and dizzy on and some of the jrsc brackets, next i will get extended manifold studs and thermal gaskets, im waiting to get a water pipe for my itr block so i need that before i put the engine harness on and then the jrsc.

Got the head studs and head gasket on!

Got the head on and torqued and the misc. sensors on along wih a new low temp. thermostat from supercharger.com on.

Lucas assembly lube on the journals and rocker arms, and cams set!

Cams set and timing belt set and installed, head is at tdc now!

Valve lash set, new ngk spark plugs from supercharger.com installed, and new itr valve cover with all new gaskets installed,and new ngk wires and b16b dizzy, cap and rotor installed!

New Avid mount on and the JRSC brackets are on!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so what will u do if u get a ref ticket?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by owen23
so what will u do if u get a ref ticket?
Well hope fully visually they wont have a reason to give me a ref ticket,unless they look and see i have not cat! or they know the lht manifold is illegal but if i do ill have to put my stock injectors, cat, and header back on and either take the jrsc off and use a oem itr manifold and tb or find a oem itr jrsc manifold and source out a jrsc fmu because i gave mine with the used jrsc kit i sold and so then i would need to use a 98+ itr ecu and the motor should be completely legal and also should pass imitions easily because its a oem motor and the cams are oem but im not to sure about when they check timing cause they might adjust my cam gears when they tune my motor so hopefully not, the only other reaason i can think of is cause theres no vinn on my trans so they might give me a ref ticket for the motor and trans not having matiching vins, but i will have a folder with a copy of the bill of sale/reciept for the JRSC, cylinder head, bottom block, and transmition all from a Acura dealership under my name, so thats 100% proof the motor is mine and was purchased by me for my replacment motor for my car, so hopefully that will convince the cop its legit and he doesnt have to worrie about the motor not bieng mine and i have carb #'s for the intake and jrsc so i think i should be ok i guess..
Old 03-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: So i got the bumper removed and the intercooler installed, I removed the ac canister that was located next to the windshield resivoure and i used the bracket that held the ac canister to mount the lht water pump, after some test fitting i routed the hoses to clear the fender and bumper and splash gaurd, i used the oem wind shield wiper resivour and plumed some fittings and routed it to the water pump, i mounted the water pump behind the fender.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 08:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam comming along good. i got tired of takin off my bumper over and over agin.... zip ties fixed that problem lol. id offer to come down and turn some wrenches but i got a MEAN *** WIFE so i dont think that will happen haha.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Ldo
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build. I'm closely following this thread since I'm installing the same LHT JRSC setup. As for getting ref ticket? I'm rebuilding another stock motor just in case. One block with the JRSC, the other block is stock. One ECU tuned with S300, the other virgin P72. 4 hours max to switch the motors & ECU's.

BTW, did you notice that LHT doesn't provide 90-deg fittings out of the intercooled manifolds anymore? or were they options? I noticed some older pictures have those brass fittings. With the straight outlets, I'm gonna have issues with the water lines for sure. Also, did you ask them to weld those extra plates at the bottom of the heat exchanger?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dam comming along good. i got tired of takin off my bumper over and over agin.... zip ties fixed that problem lol. id offer to come down and turn some wrenches but i got a MEAN *** WIFE so i dont think that will happen haha.
lol cool man thanks for the offer, i could of deff needed the help yesterday! my freaking engine hoist played tricks on me!, after lifting it of the engine stand i installed the stg 4 clutch using the new arp bolts, then when i go to lift, it wouldnt lift once there was resistance, so frustrated thinking the pump was shot i slid the motor in desperation to get it in the bay, i went from the pass side wheal well and slid it through, and man was that hard! then my dumb *** realized i couldnt lift the motor well enough with the gorilla jacks i have to bolt the mounts so i said F it! im gonna try and use the hoist one more time and wallah! it works, lol this is funny but i had my moms help me align the mounts, lol shes gangster dude she was smoking a cigarette at the same time haha, anyways i ran into a lot of problems as i will explain as i proceed with the updates, owen23 dont worrie at least you got a wife! man i got my life flashed in my mind today when i woke up from sleaping in i get out my bed and stretch and BAM!! a freaking earth quake from mexico shakes my house like crazy!! i swear i thought Cali was gonna realLy break off the coast like predicted! LOL 2012 MAN lol

Originally Posted by Ldo
Nice build. I'm closely following this thread since I'm installing the same LHT JRSC setup. As for getting ref ticket? I'm rebuilding another stock motor just in case. One block with the JRSC, the other block is stock. One ECU tuned with S300, the other virgin P72. 4 hours max to switch the motors & ECU's.

BTW, did you notice that LHT doesn't provide 90-deg fittings out of the intercooled manifolds anymore? or were they options? I noticed some older pictures have those brass fittings. With the straight outlets, I'm gonna have issues with the water lines for sure. Also, did you ask them to weld those extra plates at the bottom of the heat exchanger?
As for the reff and motor idea you have, i actually thaught of the same thing, i will either build a oem gsr motor to factory specs or find a used 98+ gsr swap or ls swap and have it on the side and if worse comes to worse just swap motors but 4 hours MAX!! lol damn!, it took me way longer than that lol

Ya i noticed that too, looks like they welded straight fittings on the manifold so you can plumb the tubing right on i dont think the 90 deg fitting are necessary and they realized that, they give lots of the tubing so im sure it will bend in with no crimps. im just waiting for these supid thermo gaskets from p2r, i swear he takes forever to ship i mean hes in puerto rico but its been 1 and a half weaks and he hasnt shiped it he says monday they will go out!
Ya i asked them to custom anodize the heat exchanger black so it looks like a stock radiator and also to weld fittings to mount to a 98+ integra bumper, since they had a integra they where able to mock up some mounts for me, two on top and two plates on the bottom, but the two fittings they welded were suposed to go through the big holes in the bumper frame but they were off so i just used the plates on the bottom and the were in the same spot as 2 holes so i drilled two holes in the plates and they matched up perfectly with the two hole that were there and i bolted it down firm. im so tired so im gonna update tomarrow, the motor is in and the mounts are torqued down.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: So i got the motor in and mounted up, it was a bit tricky for some reason and one of each bolt on the torque mounts wont line up but everything else seams secure. i installed the upper blox ball joints but i cant remove my lower ball joints out the hub, its in so tight any ideas would help, i was thinking taking it to my local shop once its all running and have them install the lower ball joints in for me,all coolant hoses are replaced and installed, one problem i ran into is i baught a harness from a fellow H.T member and in my post i specifically asked for a uncut!!! harness and come to find it its got a cut wire, so good thing i figured out what it was, it was for the sensor that comes off the tranny with a long plug, not the vss but the plug that comes off the tranny i cant remember what it was but good thing i had my old hacked up gsr harness and salvaged the missing plug i needed so thanks jack *** ill blow you up later here chump lol, so here it is just sitting waiting for those gakets from p2r, man they suck im just gonna invest in some hondata gaskets and say f. them!, soon as they come or i get some gaskets ill install the lht manifold and jrsc, along with the bc race header, but before i put the header on ill have the two brackets from the jdm itr header i had welded to it so i can put the jdm itr heat shield on it to make the header look stock, ill also wrap it with some header heat shield wrap.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that looks great
Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well I got the motor finished and i fired it up and it was dead! so i over checked everything and i saw i forgot to plug one plug at the end of the harness at the very corner by the driver side, then it cranked but nothing, so i figured the spark plugs where switched so i rotated them and fired her up and BANG! it starts up! but to my luck many many problems came up!

First i have no reading on my tach the idle just sits at 0! i noticd on the harnes i have theres a blue wire thats missing and pluged by the factory that goes to the dizzy plug, cause on my 98'' gsr harness its there.
Then i got one real bad coolant leak right under the blower above the oil cooler! my only choice was to remove the header to the side and remove the filter and oil cooler, so i did that and got to the leaking hose, i repositioned the clamp and added a ziptie at the end for extra help cause its so tight in there, my only choice was to use a zip tie! but it seemed to work, but upon putting back the oil cooler it was so hard to align it back because the oil cooler gasket kept falling out so i put a little axle grease to hold it in, but maybe it was difficult because its so tight and i can barely move under that car that when i got the oil cooler back on the block i some how pinched the oil cooler gasket above and out its groove that it ripped in half so when i started the car it spilled oil this time like it was pissing lol anyways so i already knew why it was leaking and when i took it all off again i saw it ripped, but i think the coolant leak is fixed lol i hope! so i got's to get a gasket from the dealer if there open tomorrow and hope i can get it on there,
I also got a leak on top of the coolant passage to the head to the manifold, there a hole for a extra bung for coolant but i was gonna block it off with a bolt but it seems stripped so i put a bigger bolt and some Teflon tape for no and its not leaking as much, i might need it welded shut or jb weld a bolt in there.
Last but one of the worse the ITR throttle cable i have is too long!, there's to much cable, the position lht put the bracket to hold the throttle cable requires to use a short cable, i wonder if im supposed to use a gsr cable cause it might be shorter, i just assumed i needed the itr cable cause the manifold is a b16/itr cast and the throtle body is a ITR style so i figured the only cable that would work would be the itr, im still waiting on what lht says i might give them a call tomorrow to be sure.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
well I got the motor finished and i fired it up and it was dead! so i over checked everything and i saw i forgot to plug one plug at the end of the harness at the very corner by the driver side, then it cranked but nothing, so i figured the spark plugs where switched so i rotated them and fired her up and BANG! it starts up! but to my luck many many problems came up!

First i have no reading on my tach the idle just sits at 0! i noticd on the harnes i have theres a blue wire thats missing and pluged by the factory that goes to the dizzy plug, cause on my 98'' gsr harness its there.
Then i got one real bad coolant leak right under the blower above the oil cooler! my only choice was to remove the header to the side and remove the filter and oil cooler, so i did that and got to the leaking hose, i repositioned the clamp and added a ziptie at the end for extra help cause its so tight in there, my only choice was to use a zip tie! but it seemed to work, but upon putting back the oil cooler it was so hard to align it back because the oil cooler gasket kept falling out so i put a little axle grease to hold it in, but maybe it was difficult because its so tight and i can barely move under that car that when i got the oil cooler back on the block i some how pinched the oil cooler gasket above and out its groove that it ripped in half so when i started the car it spilled oil this time like it was pissing lol anyways so i already knew why it was leaking and when i took it all off again i saw it ripped, but i think the coolant leak is fixed lol i hope! so i got's to get a gasket from the dealer if there open tomorrow and hope i can get it on there,
I also got a leak on top of the coolant passage to the head to the manifold, there a hole for a extra bung for coolant but i was gonna block it off with a bolt but it seems stripped so i put a bigger bolt and some Teflon tape for no and its not leaking as much, i might need it welded shut or jb weld a bolt in there.
Last but one of the worse the ITR throttle cable i have is too long!, there's to much cable, the position lht put the bracket to hold the throttle cable requires to use a short cable, i wonder if im supposed to use a gsr cable cause it might be shorter, i just assumed i needed the itr cable cause the manifold is a b16/itr cast and the throtle body is a ITR style so i figured the only cable that would work would be the itr, im still waiting on what lht says i might give them a call tomorrow to be sure.
did you get the itr throttle cable baracket??? it sits diffrent its longer (like 27 bucks from honda tho). ive been told the ls throttle cable is shorter then the gsr but im running gsr on skunk 2 manni with itr bracket.... fits good.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you get the itr throttle cable baracket??? it sits diffrent its longer (like 27 bucks from honda tho). ive been told the ls throttle cable is shorter then the gsr but im running gsr on skunk 2 manni with itr bracket.... fits good.
No i wont work that way! the manifold is a LHT jrsc manifold, the cast of the ports are b16/itr so they weld there own bracket to hold the throttle cable over the throttle body wheal but the itr cable is too long maybe a gsr cable will work, if anyone got one p.m thanks.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC4life
florida is restrictive i live in south carolina you can drive anything we have no inspection or anything neither do we have to insure tax and tag trailers
where are you gettin your info? because its wrong...

FL isnt restrictive

nice build!!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice job...
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update: so i got most all the kinks worked out, i got the rpm signal from taping a wire in the dizzy plug cause for some reason it was missing and so i routed it to the end of the harness in the driver side corner and taped it in the plug and i tucked it so you can barely see it, also got the check engine light to go away as well as get my idle correct, i got the pass. side lower ball joint out with a friend but left the driver side for another day, the pass side was real bad, all the threads were gone and it was bent up so it had to go cause i couldnt get the bolt back on, also i used a gsr throtle cable and it works, well now my only problem is that my water pump from LHT is not pumping fluid right so i need to figure out if i got a damaged water pump, but everything else looks good, i installed two 70mm thermal gaskets on the throtle body and two thermal gasket on the manifold, i put a thin layer of honda bond in between so it sealed correctly, also got my friend to weld the tabs on my buddy club race header so i can put the jdm itr heat shield on to make it look a bit stock lol, i had to cancel my dyno tune today because the pump wont work so once its fixed im headed to churches, heres some engine bay shots!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks damn good man
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aaron0526
looks damn good man
Thanks dude!
Update: well i got the LHT pump to work so hopefully next monday ill have her tuned, hoping to hit 290hp.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just got my b20v hatch dynod...only put down 151 hp n 112 lbs of tq. i was runnin rich then leaning out at 7k rpm. im thinkin the ecu is F**kd and need a way to tune so it looks like im getting my aem ems this week..... but im going to one of my friends in vista to tune it. wish i had the $$$$ For churches but hey, the economy sucks . but your gsr-r looks SWWWEEEEEET!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just got my b20v hatch dynod...only put down 151 hp n 112 lbs of tq. i was runnin rich then leaning out at 7k rpm. im thinkin the ecu is F**kd and need a way to tune so it looks like im getting my aem ems this week..... but im going to one of my friends in vista to tune it. wish i had the $$$$ For churches but hey, the economy sucks . but your gsr-r looks SWWWEEEEEET!
Thanks dude, imo the aem is a waist of money if your going n.a, theres lots of cheaper software that you can use like a chrome program or a hondata s100 at least but its up to you gl.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Look good and engine bay look very tight to work on.. I would have get rid of the a/c but you live in warm climate so keep it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***