Notices

is $310 way too much for intercooler piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is $310 way too much for intercooler piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps

I need intercooler piping for my civic with a gsr swap, and i got quoted 310 for all the piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps I will need. Seems like there has to be a cheaper route. Is there a cheap place to buy the different bends of piping and just get it welded? What do most of you guys do?

Last edited by alacard; 03-04-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is $310 way too much for intercooler piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps

i got a ebay ic and piping kit on my car lol, it works
Old 03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is $310 way too much for intercooler piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps

not at all man, thats a steal.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you get what you pay for bottom line, if you want some junk just go with what the guy above mentioned. if you want custom fit stuff for your car pay whats quoted. couplers tbolts and material + labor for fitting and welding is a good deal if you ask me I wouldnt do it that cheap.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your stupid you have no explained reeasoning for your response, so its junk because it not branded and sold by greddy? lol here we go with this crap. this means the intercooler is $200 t clamps 50 couplers are 60 that price is unbearable if yu are under 350whp, you can go into any autoparts store Oreillys NAPA Autozone and get couplers for $20 to $40 easily, if you take your car to an exhaust shop for piping all they are gong to do is get exhaust piping and bend it, probably the same angles as the ebay one, you can get 1 gear clamps at the same places above stated for $6 for probably 3 in a pack, its not that serious when it comes down to an intercooler and piping, dnt bash if yah aint tried it.. but ten times outta ten they have or their buddies have ignorance is bliss!!! and you can pm me anytime PFI i have videos my boy
Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SpoolinPerformance is offering you a awesome deal! If you don't really care what it looks like, how it fits, how it performs, or how often you pop couplers off, or how much time you spend dicking around with the cheese dick ebay one size fits all kits then go with the ebay stuff or exhaust shop, parts store etc.

For those that think $310 is too much, try pricing out the mandrel bends needed, the straight tubing needed, what good couplers (4 ply silicone...ebay cheap kits are not 4 ply couplers) and nice t bolt clamps cost...and not with ebay tubing, I know for a fact spoolin uses high quality material. Then factor in welding, time and $ spent polishing, or coating the tubing. You figure out real quick $310 is not a bad deal at all. ****...what do people pay for a AEM cold air intake for a newer model vehicle? about $310 right? and thats just one tube.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

hahaha. 310.00 cheap man. Expect to modify
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell idk my kit fits fine
Old 03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQlJ...layer_embedded
this hatch made 323whp on 10psi EBAY KIT, he blew it up turning the boost to 14psi at the track, i guess he was hungry for more power, but he should have waited to up the ps after it was built but this is a ebay kit with a t3to4e 57trim from 'EBAY' its all in the tune man.. what size injectors are youo running? what motor setup? what brand manifold?, exhaust?, Hondata? neptune? crome? thats where it matters and if you have a ebay SS manifold make sure u get someone who can weld alluminum well to weld it again to prevent or stop cracking, hell even Peakboost ram horn manifolds crack and they are $700+ odd dollarz... but i would get it welded before i install it...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Originally Posted by lyncoors
hell idk my kit fits fine
everyone's is diff.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

d16 i like u man great minds thiink alot, even if he does have to modify a little its cheaper than to buy a $310 intercooler with no clamps etc
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$310.00 is a very exceptable price
Old 03-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by iamthefollower
$310.00 is a very exceptable price
x2 you dont need a ballar seet up
Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQlJ...layer_embedded
this hatch made 323whp on 10psi EBAY KIT, he blew it up turning the boost to 14psi at the track, i guess he was hungry for more power, but he should have waited to up the ps after it was built but this is a ebay kit with a t3to4e 57trim from 'EBAY' its all in the tune man.. what size injectors are youo running? what motor setup? what brand manifold?, exhaust?, Hondata? neptune? crome? thats where it matters and if you have a ebay SS manifold make sure u get someone who can weld alluminum well to weld it again to prevent or stop cracking, hell even Peakboost ram horn manifolds crack and they are $700+ odd dollarz... but i would get it welded before i install it...
car moves
Old 03-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94GSRMR
your stupid you have no explained reeasoning for your response, so its junk because it not branded and sold by greddy? lol here we go with this crap. this means the intercooler is $200 t clamps 50 couplers are 60 that price is unbearable if yu are under 350whp, you can go into any autoparts store Oreillys NAPA Autozone and get couplers for $20 to $40 easily, if you take your car to an exhaust shop for piping all they are gong to do is get exhaust piping and bend it, probably the same angles as the ebay one, you can get 1 gear clamps at the same places above stated for $6 for probably 3 in a pack, its not that serious when it comes down to an intercooler and piping, dnt bash if yah aint tried it.. but ten times outta ten they have or their buddies have ignorance is bliss!!! and you can pm me anytime PFI i have videos my boy

your an idiot dont talk to me go buy your ebay **** and crush the market for quality craftsmanship your ebay performance pipes wont look like spoolinperformances 310 is a killer deal and i was responding to the post above yours.... go flame someone else noob

p.s. why would you need someone that can weld aluminum to fix your ss autochrome manifold lol clown
Old 03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PFI_NAYR_ONE
your an idiot dont talk to me go buy your ebay **** and crush the market for quality craftsmanship your ebay performance pipes wont look like spoolinperformances 310 is a killer deal and i was responding to the post above yours.... go flame someone else noob

p.s. why would you need someone that can weld aluminum to fix your ss autochrome manifold lol clown
lol you didnt read my whole post, some of the ssautochrome manifolds have held up without welding, my purpose of welding is to reassure that i have safety behind the welds, thats all, I even stated that a $899 peakboost manifold would crack, and by no means am i putting down a well rounded compay because theey will warranty their products, my point here s to say theere comes a time even when the best fall and stumble but they have to pick themseelves up...
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/peakboost-manifold-cracked-2356178/
im not going to argue with yoou i showed you proof of a ebay 'junk' kit on a stock gsr...
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

@lyncor yes it does!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and yes i am the fool for calling you a fool my bad just get tired of ppl bashing stuff they havent tried..
Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PFI_NAYR_ONE

nice attitude. at least kw is cool lol
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's not a bad price at all, just make sure the stuff has decent quality. I paid $115 for the clamps and silicon connectors alone...
Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try siliconeintakes dot com. hard to beat there prices
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sre piping kits are nice and are actually vehicle specific and can be had on eby for 125-150 with free shipping. Ive been running it on my car 2.5" for 3 years. the hotside was only 2 inch so i didtch that when i went with a larger turbo but it worked with my ol setup just fine. this doesnt come with couplers but all tubing is beed rolled so blowig off charge pipes isnt a problem. also couplers and clamps are relatively cheap through fast turbo and work well. GL to OP
Old 03-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Id easily charge more then 310 if i was supplying all the materials like stated. Mandel bent aluminum is expensive
Old 03-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

SRE charge piping, treadstone intercooler, and clamps/couplers from siliconeintakes.com. Probably the best dollar/quality ratio.

Quick Reply: is $310 way too much for intercooler piping, couplers, and t-bolt clamps