Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

K24 turbo hondata kpro limp mode????

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K24 turbo hondata kpro limp mode????

Hi guys
I have a K24 Turbo in a 1994 civic hb vx running on a Kpro and I have been having some issues lately with it hope someone could help.
It started with power window fuse blowing.
I replaced it and after a couple of days the fuse for main relay a15 kept blowing so I ran switch straight to the fuel pump and it was fine.
After a couple of days the fan stopped working the fan was jammed so I replaced the fan and ran a straight line through the same switch for the fuel pump.
tonight when I started the car the car would rev slowly and the vtec would not work and I was only getting 9 psi on , the CEL was not on but I thought maybe the ECU has gone into limp mode, so I disconnected the battery, waited for couple of mins and put the switch on high boost mode and no change. ( the car has a switch for low and high boost).
I am thinking there must be a short somewhere which is causing this.

Could anyone direct me on where to look or what to look for?

How I can I fix the limp mode on Kpro?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: K24 turbo hondata kpro limp mode????

i delt with a few wiring issues from a previous persons adaptations to the wiring harness. the first few things you mentioned you need to resolve WHY they are amiss. also try checking your sensors are reading within tolerance through kpro on a laptop... engine off and online should show sensor readings. look for anything usuasal as a hint to crossed or grounded out wiring.

example is switching from aem to s300 my tps sensor was way out of wack. traced it back to a sensor wire was misplaced and and now being grounded.. but that same wire fed another sensor so it to was reading wacky.

long term you can harm the sensors or the ecu.

wire diagrams for everything you have and just start checking volts/ohms etc. check your tps readings in kpro no throttle and fulll throtle. see if temp sensors are reading near ambiant temp when cr has sat over night. etc.

this may be a long drawn out situation or you may find it right away

hope that helps.