Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

crome 1.6.8?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: crome 1.6.8?

Ive talked with JR about being a Neptune dealer/tuner, but i figure by mid summer, when ive got a few people switched over and running neptune, it will be easier to convince people that Crome is junk.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by a1320honda
Ive talked with JR about being a Neptune dealer/tuner, but i figure by mid summer, when ive got a few people switched over and running neptune, it will be easier to convince people that Crome is junk.
Just don't understand how you can call it "junk" even now, yet you are still using it!

All this time wasted, the fee to become a dealer for Neptune is taken care of simply looking at it from a time vs money perspective.

Do your customers come to you because you are cheap but use a shitty software? No they really do want the best tune possible and you want to make the most money possible spending the least amount if time to do it right.

At least that's how I see it...
Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xenocron
Just don't understand how you can call it "junk" even now, yet you are still using it!

All this time wasted, the fee to become a dealer for Neptune is taken care of simply looking at it from a time vs money perspective.

Do your customers come to you because you are cheap but use a shitty software? No they really do want the best tune possible and you want to make the most money possible spending the least amount if time to do it right.

At least that's how I see it...
Actually Spokane is very odd...

People WILL, and DO pay for tunes here that are shitty that do blow up their cars, but will pay for those tunes cause they are $50 cheaper. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is really true lol. I can send you to my tuning page on facebook and let you read through stuff yourself. There is another tuner in Spokane that tunes with Crome and DOES blow up 1 out of 6 cars. But people in Spokane will take the chance just cause its $50 cheaper lol. So i already have that working against me.

Ive tried to convey to customers and potential customers that Neptune is a far better, stable solution that would also allow for things like working boost by gear. And that i want to cut out Crome completely. It became apparent that i would lose 75% or my customers cause the price would go up. These are customers that are 100% satisfied with their car being tuned by me. And have come to me after having another tuner blow up their car. People dont care that its better tuning software, or even a better tuner, in Spokane, who you have tune is solely based on price of the tune for 90% of the people here. So yes, currently i have to have Crome to tune cars in Spokane, and when i compare Crome to Neptune, or Hondata etc, its junk. I dont get updates On Neptune that disable my ability to tune and then have to go through a bunch of backwards hoops just to try and get it up and running again lol. I am just in between a rock and a hard place. But i currently have about 3 maybe 4 cars that we have switched to Neptune and will go 10's and a couple in the high 9's, so im really hoping that people will see that for what it is and understand that switching from Crome a better solution and i can finally eliminate Crome.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:32 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cant eliminate crome

how much does it cost for a guy to get the car running on crome?
an sst chip is 5 bucks
chipping ecu is about 30 bucks for DIY
plus whatever tuning cost is

how much does each neptune chip cost for a customer

now if you re a customer that has a full rtp setup like demon/s300 or ostrich/hulog then the prices become a bit more similar...

but for a basic setup crome is by far the cheapest
Old 12-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenty of guys running crome not blowing up.....

Probably more cars out there running crome than any other system to be completely realistic.

We all know it has timing issues, tuning at the edge in crome is foolish.

Can't always blame the system.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Updates on this fiasco?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's been fixed
Old 12-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How is it fixed? lol. I'm still just setting the date back to make it work. Still reading that everybody is still having issues changing cells once you actually get 1.6.9 running. Oh wells. I'm sure he will get to it eventually.