Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

crome 1.6.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: crome 1.6.0

no i dont have a dealers license. i just downloaded the free version about 6 months ago. been playing with it everyday since then, and researching and tuning on different cars i have. got pretty good at doing basemaps so i did a few for some people and word got around. i usually burn basemaps for people for $12. pays for the chip and little extra for me since i have the burner and stuff.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by cintegra1
no i dont have a dealers license. i just downloaded the free version about 6 months ago. been playing with it everyday since then, and researching and tuning on different cars i have. got pretty good at doing basemaps so i did a few for some people and word got around. i usually burn basemaps for people for $12. pays for the chip and little extra for me since i have the burner and stuff.
So what about the developers of the software. They don't deserve any credit/money for giving you the opportunity to sell cheap basemaps? ... Maybe if you pay for the software you would be able to use the plugins. I'm guessing that you have never tired to datalog and tune a car through Crome. I don't think that works in Crome Free ether. IMO it only seems right that you pay for something that is making you money for using. or maybe donate a few bucks from each chip that you sell. There is a donate button on the Crome license purchasing webpage as well. Your not the only one, it's just that you admitted it............
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
So what about the developers of the software. They don't deserve any credit/money for giving you the opportunity to sell cheap basemaps? ... Maybe if you pay for the software you would be able to use the plugins. I'm guessing that you have never tired to datalog and tune a car through Crome. I don't think that works in Crome Free ether. IMO it only seems right that you pay for something that is making you money for using. or maybe donate a few bucks from each chip that you sell. There is a donate button on the Crome license purchasing webpage as well. Your not the only one, it's just that you admitted it............
well said.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im using dealer as well i got the update O_O. Some nissan and mitsubishi settings are added but i dont know much else. Allso my nokia datalog seem to work little time and then it just freezes the software. I think it work sometime when i got 1.5.3 runnin background. But im moving to ectune cos i had no success with crome boost by gear and some other options that i need. Im gonna still use crome gold with tuning other cars, thats so much better than pro.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: parkersburg,wv / belpre,ohio, wv or oh, united states

hmm, my datalogging doesn't seem to work. when i click live tuning
even though i have com4 selected in tuner com, it says bad port, com 1 failed to open.

1.6 dealer edition
Old 05-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Trial User

well actually i datalog with freelog. and i sell the chips so cheap because i have the free version. and i got my plugins to work. there was a virus on my computer keeping them from working. thanks for your concern though. when i get the money to spend on the pro version i will fork it out. but for now i'll stick to burning cheap basemaps for friends with the free version.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xenocron
So what you are saying is your LICENSE didnt transfer over with the upgrade?

I'll see if I can check this on my end, I know John told me he was releasing an update to SPEED up datalogging along with a few other tweaks.

There is a file called "register" in the Crome Directory...if you copy/paste that over into your new directory for 1.6 it doesnt give you your PRO/DEALER features?
It didn't transfer over right away no.

I did what you had suggested and copied and pasted the reg file over, and it didn't work.. it changed nothing. So now whats the deal, do i need to buy another whole license again? You've done business with me enough to where you've known I've bought from you a few times lol..just lemme know what i need to do , to reactivate crome on my desktop and laptop.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i upgraded mine to 1.6, i just had to go to the website and get my reg string, copied it into the feild and everything seems fine. just a regular user license.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try datalogging and report back.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant really, car is apart getting rewired lol.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have Crome Pro and upgraded to 1.6 earlier today. I had saved my old reg string, and it worked fine. After entering it I had to exit Crome and reload it.

I was tuning my new B20VTEC build some more today and was anxious to use 1.6, as it seemed to be less buggy when plugging in my demon. It would immediately recognize the demon, but I could not get it to datalog at all.

I noticed that in 1.6, i had to select Crome QD3/Demon, and it even said it connected to the ecu. When I went for live tuning it gave a timeout error.

In 1.5.5 I select Crome QD2/Demon when connecting for the logging.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90LSpimpin
The license transfers over fine for me. I just pulled up the original email with the reg string in it and copy and pasted it into the box. RTP works fine, just select Moates device from the list if using the Ostrich. But along with ALL Motor I've got no connectivity to the Hulog.
mine works as well, license wise. i have yet to try it live as soon as i'm free couple of days from now.

when the update notification popped up, i answered No. closed the application and made a copy of the whole working directory first. i then overwrite the copied directory with v1.6 and not mess up with my old and previous "operational" settings.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Criss @ Xenocrone can you elaborate on the nissan and other features this new version has and will john be updating more agian
Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 PM

I'll see if I can get ahold of John on Monday to get a list of what the upgrade does or doesn't do.

All I knew was that he was working on a few new things. It's about as difficult for me to get ahold of him as well.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks again for all of your help trying to figure all this out Chris.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya chris, keep us posted, i'd like to get my crome unlocked considering i got tuning apps next weekend.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
ya chris, keep us posted, i'd like to get my crome unlocked considering i got tuning apps next weekend.
you might be able to unlock it using the same registration code as your previous version. I have Pro and that's what worked for me. Did you save your old installation of Crome? It should have a registration file in the directory if you didn't save it elsewhere.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone got the boost by gear working with gold?
Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate to complain , but seems like a half assed non-communicated update and more problems with this damn program. like , get it together boys , were paying for this you know what im saying. kinda pisses me off how little thought goes into the "how will this affect the buyer/user" . should just be able to update the program with no reg string problems or any other hurdles to jump over. this program COULD be great to use.

last time i used it , i wasnt getting NO map trace on high cam , had to guess what cells the ecu was reading from. had the car running perfect , one week later it was leaning out , like the map on the chip changed itself. also , maybe others have noticed this , it seems the map once made runs leaner once burned to a chip , than it does on the ostrich. what is it that makes this program so damn glitchy exactly chris? i as well have bought many things off your site , and referenced dozens of people to xenocron for all thier ecu needs.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM

Well, I dont make the software unfortunately...I wish I had an answer for you. I have reached out to John, and will try to get him to comment or look at all of your comments and see if this can be fixed.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks Criss
Old 05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mikesrex
you might be able to unlock it using the same registration code as your previous version. I have Pro and that's what worked for me. Did you save your old installation of Crome? It should have a registration file in the directory if you didn't save it elsewhere.
Tried, it doesn't work, i got supplied a new code, on both desktop and laptop..this blows man seriously lol.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For now as much information we have and not working datalogging it should be called a DOWNGRADE!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got my license and everything is working just fine after the upgrade. The connection to the ECU & datalogging actually works better now. Mo more USB bugs. That could be the new laptop though...lol Only thing that I had to get used to was the swapping around of some of the data displays on the datalogging tab........

ALLMOTOR,
What are your hardware & software settings for the USB connection(s)? Maybe that was reset!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
Finally got my license and everything is working just fine after the upgrade. The connection to the ECU & datalogging actually works better now. Mo more USB bugs. That could be the new laptop though...lol Only thing that I had to get used to was the swapping around of some of the data displays on the datalogging tab........

ALLMOTOR,
What are your hardware & software settings for the USB connection(s)? Maybe that was reset!
It loads up , without datalog or tunercomm options, its not unlocked..

Quick Reply: crome 1.6.0