Notices

Skunk2’s or Supertech valves?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skunk2’s or Supertech valves?

I’m going to be completely building my b16 head with all new valves, springs and springs and am torn between Skunk2’s and Supertech. For now I plan on keeping my stock cams but in the future I plan on getting better cams and throttle body and boosting it. The only negative thing about Skunk2’s was I hear the throttle bodies are infamous for sticking. As for Supertech they seemed a little too much for the build I’m going for. I’m not trying to make a track car but a nice street car that still makes a lot of power
Old 06-23-2019, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2’s or Supertech valves?

Originally Posted by JDM_ego2033
I’m going to be completely building my b16 head with all new valves, springs and springs and am torn between Skunk2’s and Supertech. For now I plan on keeping my stock cams but in the future I plan on getting better cams and throttle body and boosting it. The only negative thing about Skunk2’s was I hear the throttle bodies are infamous for sticking. As for Supertech they seemed a little too much for the build I’m going for. I’m not trying to make a track car but a nice street car that still makes a lot of power

Neither. Ferrea 👍
Old 06-23-2019, 07:31 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1
Neither. Ferrea 👍
Can you provide more information as to why one over another?

Currently it just sounds like personal preference and it doesn't really matter which brand is used.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCat39
Can you provide more information as to why one over another?

Currently it just sounds like personal preference and it doesn't really matter which brand is used.
It is a personal preference. I like to use products that are produced by mfgs that specialize in that particular product and have been fine tuning that product for a long time. Skunk2 is a jack of all trades and, in my opinion, doesnt put quality at the top of their priority list. Supertech is probably just fine although ive heard of more supertech valve failures than ferreas. That being said, ferrea 6000s and supertechs are pretty much the same price, and when i gotta buy valves, its not a hard choice for me - ferrea 6000s.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:05 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Old 06-26-2019, 06:12 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1
It is a personal preference. I like to use products that are produced by mfgs that specialize in that particular product and have been fine tuning that product for a long time. Skunk2 is a jack of all trades and, in my opinion, doesnt put quality at the top of their priority list. Supertech is probably just fine although ive heard of more supertech valve failures than ferreas. That being said, ferrea 6000s and supertechs are pretty much the same price, and when i gotta buy valves, its not a hard choice for me - ferrea 6000s.
6000s or 5000s, Yep. well-stated