Notices

B18b1 block & crank, using GS-R pistons. Does it work? Answer is Yes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 07:07 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18b1 block & crank, using GS-R pistons. Does it work? Answer is Yes

Ok guys I have a 1994 Civic hatch with a b18b1 swap turboed and I need to find out if gsr pistons will wrk with no modifications to the ls rods in this set up
Old 06-30-2019, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts
Default re: B18b1 block & crank, using GS-R pistons. Does it work? Answer is Yes

The Integra and/or Forced Induction forums would be better fits for your question.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:17 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default re: B18b1 block & crank, using GS-R pistons. Does it work? Answer is Yes

Yes, and yes. Google search the term G"LS"R for Honda-Tech website and you'll get tons of responses.

Going back to engine assembly forum. this is NOT the correct forum
Old 06-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: B18b1 block & crank, using GS-R pistons. Does it work? Answer is Yes

I disagree, FI is a good forum as there is much knowledge on turbo based builds there and what works.

The Engine Machining and Assembly is less about what OEM parts work with what OEM parts. It's more orientated with machine shop work for assembly, line bore/hone, blue printing etc.

Also from what I've seen most of the machinists don't even bother with this section anymore so much is ignored in this section now @TheShodan. NA and FI sections have a much better response time and information on build questions.

Doing the search you stated, all the results are either NA or FI section. Once again, the better section for those types of build questions.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: B18b1 block & crank, using GS-R pistons. Does it work? Answer is Yes

Understood . He may be turbocharged, but the underlying question has nothing to do with turbocharging or forced induction in general. It is simply about building the engine using specific OEM-based parts. There are still machining areas that must be understood for that particular assembly to work properly, which is why I moved it to the Engine Assembly and Machining. The underlying question the OP has revolves around whether or not these components will work together, not about how they are used in a Forced Induction environment.

So, if it goes somewhere else, fine. But it does NOT belong in Forced Induction, simply because the word turbo is used in a sentence.