Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Engine Machining & Assembly (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-machining-assembly-164/)
-   -   Skunk2’s or Supertech valves? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-machining-assembly-164/skunk2%92s-supertech-valves-3337649/)

JDM_ego2033 06-05-2019 03:26 PM

Skunk2’s or Supertech valves?

I’m going to be completely building my b16 head with all new valves, springs and springs and am torn between Skunk2’s and Supertech. For now I plan on keeping my stock cams but in the future I plan on getting better cams and throttle body and boosting it. The only negative thing about Skunk2’s was I hear the throttle bodies are infamous for sticking. As for Supertech they seemed a little too much for the build I’m going for. I’m not trying to make a track car but a nice street car that still makes a lot of power

k20z1ej1 06-23-2019 07:24 AM

Re: Skunk2’s or Supertech valves?

Originally Posted by JDM_ego2033 (Post 51945309)
I’m going to be completely building my b16 head with all new valves, springs and springs and am torn between Skunk2’s and Supertech. For now I plan on keeping my stock cams but in the future I plan on getting better cams and throttle body and boosting it. The only negative thing about Skunk2’s was I hear the throttle bodies are infamous for sticking. As for Supertech they seemed a little too much for the build I’m going for. I’m not trying to make a track car but a nice street car that still makes a lot of power

Neither. Ferrea 👍

TomCat39 06-23-2019 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1 (Post 51957128)
Neither. Ferrea 👍

Can you provide more information as to why one over another?

Currently it just sounds like personal preference and it doesn't really matter which brand is used.

k20z1ej1 06-23-2019 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by TomCat39 (Post 51957130)
Can you provide more information as to why one over another?

Currently it just sounds like personal preference and it doesn't really matter which brand is used.

It is a personal preference. I like to use products that are produced by mfgs that specialize in that particular product and have been fine tuning that product for a long time. Skunk2 is a jack of all trades and, in my opinion, doesnt put quality at the top of their priority list. Supertech is probably just fine although ive heard of more supertech valve failures than ferreas. That being said, ferrea 6000s and supertechs are pretty much the same price, and when i gotta buy valves, its not a hard choice for me - ferrea 6000s.

TomCat39 06-23-2019 09:05 PM

:thumbup:

TheShodan 06-26-2019 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1 (Post 51957143)
It is a personal preference. I like to use products that are produced by mfgs that specialize in that particular product and have been fine tuning that product for a long time. Skunk2 is a jack of all trades and, in my opinion, doesnt put quality at the top of their priority list. Supertech is probably just fine although ive heard of more supertech valve failures than ferreas. That being said, ferrea 6000s and supertechs are pretty much the same price, and when i gotta buy valves, its not a hard choice for me - ferrea 6000s.

6000s or 5000s, Yep. well-stated