My first build

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first build

Is anyone able to tell me what exactly do i need besides pistons and rods to assemble a bare GS-R block? Just the short block thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My first build

97 Honda Acura Integratype R Engine Rebuild Kit B18C5 | eBay

This can get you started, I would just buy a Service manual and research what you want OEM and what is proven aftermarket wise to withstand abuse better.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Would that help me with a bare block?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What are your goals? & Budget? Are you building this yourself? or dropping it off to a machinist or shop? Do you have any mechanical skill?
you spend atleast = 2 or more on just seals, gasket, bolts, and hondabond then you can imagine. Have you rebuilt b4?
You will not get a straight answer cause any1 that has done what your asking kno's its not just a list its not that black n white. Thats why I showed you rebuild kits, and if you get a service manual. . .
To answer your question no thats not everything but it will get you started seeing you gave no info on goal or budget.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I see I see my apologies i am still new to all of this....i mean i dont really have any expenses as of at the moment,and i was going to get all the stuff and have a local shop assemble it for me....some of the aftermarket i was going to acquire via Craigslist
Old 11-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also this is a high compression all motor build shooting for 200whp at least
Old 11-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, research all motor dyno threads and build lists. But even they will only list the major BIG parts that got them to there goal. Just open up HONDA parts online catalog and order everything you need, it will say how many are required to learn to read part diagrams it will help exponentially. GL! I only ended up using about 1 full stick of hondabond as well, but bought 2.

I dont like this direction cuz if they screw you, you will not have enough knowledge to even kno how they screwed you. I would start with a service manual your Block and learn how to measure and spec things, Only have the machine shop do what you cant, so when you go to pick it up you can measure things and make sure they are within spec. Start reading 200whp is not hard very realistic first goal but if not done correctly it wont last.

Where do you live? do you have to stay OBD2? how are you gonna manage a DD high cr. engine if you need a standalone. How high of Cr? Cr. is not an end all be all for 200whp goal but if its to high you will deff. need a standalone engine management, so think carefully about your state laws. You need to plan everything.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will my previous integra was jumped to obd1... I live in Tennessee but know how to make hondas pass emissions as long as they have a cat. My gsr sedan is 95 btw. My DA had a cr of like 12 or so and had 204whp but i would like to get 200+ out of this build. I want to go 84mm bored im aware I will need sleeving....I'd like to do everything thing I can on my own. Since this new sedan is my DD and the current motor isnt uber healthy, at least if i screw it up ill know i did it and not the previous owner.what did you mean by the goal wont last? I currently have access to a jdm itr block bare and some gsr/itr specific eagle rods.and what would be a good service manual for a beginner you think?
Old 11-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats all I can really give you as advice, I'm not into B series atm, and probably wont be. Just research what you want and do it right the first time with quality parts is the best advice I can give.

I did not kno what yr your car was but wanted to mainly point out think about the end state or big picture if you will.

Maybe if you read a few similar threads you can get a better idea of what to ask, what I mean by this is dont leave any questions we have out. Be very specific so when were done reading we can give you a short, clear, and concise answer on how to reach your goal.

You should research and start and then along the way if you have a question about a specific subject it will be answered but this is a very broad question and there are already tons of dyno/build threads showing your engine hitting your goal, so that where you start.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the factory service manual. Helms..com I think sells them. Worth their weight in gold (except the Isuzu rodeo manual).
A sleeved 84mm ITR block should provide enough power for what your looking for.
Being your first rebuild, I would get a cheap b series engine off CL and disassemble it and learn on that. There's alot of things going on inside an engine that need to be measured and checked. A simple mistake can cost alot of money and time. Take your time. Learn it and study it as you go. We all started at some point just like you. GL!