Conflicting Crankshaft Measurements HELP!

Old 05-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Trial User

Default Conflicting Crankshaft Measurements HELP!

Iím currently building a B20 Vtec. I sent the block to get decked and bored .5mm over. I also had my rotating assembly balanced and had the stock rods fitted with ARP bolts. I received all my parts and was taking the next step in the build which was taking measurements to order my main bearings and rod bearings. Here is where Iíve ran into an issue. These are the measurements Iím getting:

Rod Bore: 1.8900Ē
Rod Journal: 1.7354
Main Bore: 2.3247
Main Journal: 2.1649

From what I have researched, most of those measurements seem ok....except the Rod Journal on the crank. Thereís a difference of almost .04 from my dimensions to the dimensions ACL provides on their bearing chart. I would need rod bearings with a thickness of .07630Ē to achieve my desired clearance of .0020, which from what Iíve seen doesnít exist. Iím stumped here guys, itís to the point where Iím starting to wonder if my crank was swapped out at the machine shop. In dire need of your help
Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Conflicting Crankshaft Measurements HELP!

What year is the crank?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: