B18c Eagle Rods in B18b?

Old 04-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default B18c Eagle Rods in B18b?

So I bought a type r block and some eagle rods for it (b18c). I'm planning on building a bottom end for boost. Turns out one of the cylinders is messed up but a buddy of mine has a mint b18b block instead. Is it possible to use the b18c eagle rods in that ls block if I use the type r crank? Just to save me from finding another type r block or exchange the rods for ls. Is there anything else to note? Thanks, I'm new to this and will be my first time assembling a bottom end.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18c Eagle Rods in B18b?

You can run the type r crank in the ls and then use gsr itr eagle rods yes
Old 04-03-2019, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

or you can still use the type R block, and just go to an oversize piston. Then you don't have to worry about doing the normal vtec conversion when using a non-vtec block.
Besides; if you're building the motor you should be getting the cylinders bored/honed to match new pistons to make sure clearances are correct and the cylinder walls are fresh and new.

What exactly is damaged in the type r block?
Old 04-03-2019, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Motoxxxman has the right idea. If you can bore out the ITR block .25mm, do it, and get the correct pistons for it.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay fair enough, Iíll get it bored out and honed. One of the oem pistons melted in it on the guy I bought it off of. Thereís a bit of a bite out of the wall with some aluminum melted to it. Just enough to catch my finger nail on.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also the gsr block is a bit taller so you mite of had some piston to head issues if you did that with the ls block. I agree with everyone else bore the block you have already

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: