Notices

Any good machine shops in OC? h23a Na Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any good machine shops in OC? h23a Na Build

Delta cams in Washington is making me a custom grind and i wanted to play it safe and flycut the h23a pistons. Im going to call RS Machine tomorrow but if anyone has any good recommendations for a good Machine shop please let me know. Btw OC is Orange County but im willing to drive anywhere in the southern California area. LA, San Diego, Riverside, etc.

Last edited by Entheogen; 12-06-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: Any good machine shops in OC? h23a Na Build

Where is OC? Oakland California? Oklahoma City? Orange County California or is it New York? Ocean City Maryland? Oak Cliff Texas? Oglethorpe County Georgia?

How can ppl assist if you provide obscure details in acronyms that could potentially be anywhere.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oakland California, Really? Vague details in acronyms? Jesus after 7,500 post in 5 years you should know about the history of import tuning mainly being Honda Acura and that it all came out of Orange County and Los Angeles in the 90's. Rs Machines is in Norwalk California and when i said local shops besides that one it should of been a hint of the where I needed work done. But then again i was being vague, thanks for the feedback TomCat39. Maybe now i can get some advice or help from someone that knows what they are talking about.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

TomCat thank you so much for your help I had no idea that i was being vague, OC could potentially be anywhere as you said. I've never heard anyone refer OC to anything but Orange County.........Oakland California? Ocean City Maryland? Really? If i posted LA would that have been a vague acronym? Would that be confusing? To be honest with nearly 7,500 post in 5 years I would expect you to maybe hear of Rs Machines if you dabble in the engine machining and assembly part of Honda Tech. That would maybe clue a fellow member i was speaking of the Southern California area. Thank you Tomcat you've been so helpful, maybe now people will understand i was speaking of the Orange County area.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Oh I see, so everyone on this site lives strictly in California so should just know exactly what you mean.

Sorry for living somewhere other than the US. Or thinking of more than the snobbish BAR state. Because everyone knows, nothing relevant or significant happens anywhere else.

If I knew the area I might be of assistance beyond making sure all who see your thread can easily identify where you are speaking of. You might actually have better luck asking in the region specific forums as I think it would be predominately locals posting and viewing those sections.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your exactly correct TomCat, region specific would of been a much better idea. Thanks for responding kindly and yes Cali is very snobbish with BAR. If any chassis has a bar sticker they normally have a much higher resale value. With the jdm motors not being able to pass inspection its very ridiculous the rules and regulations are horrible. But back to the subject i got in touch with Eugene from Pro Street Import and his feedback has been very helpful so far. Ive talked to a couple shops about milling a B20 head and $70 seems a little high. I was paying 30-40 just ten years ago the cost of machining has definitely gone up.