Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Precision turbo releases the 6785!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Precision turbo releases the 6785!

nice!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AROD
All the SFWD guys that have hit 8's spent $3500 on a turbo and $2000 on Web cams ect ect... Only person that was close was Brian fisher with a s372 in SFWD trim!
thats kinda of a blanket statement... dp 1st hit 8's in lacarla without webcmas, the had pro 1's , alan had tuner 2's, they did have precision power not denyin that. Avid has skunk cams with a 7275. That being said they did have precision turbo's but saying that everyone needs to run presicion to run 8's is way off... Fisher, speed factory,Jake Blackman, all have been 170 with basic 372's... the reason they didnt run 8's was there short time wasnt there... The presicion cars that have run 8's are dialed in and have good short time the all are making atleast 900 to run 170...This is a presicion thread do I think 3500 is worth an extra 100 whp , yeah I do... Precision did what they allway do, maximize the grey area of the rules to take full advantage of the power they can make doing so. A company like Borgwarner doesnt move that quickly and cant adapt to take advantage for a small market like honda dragracing. They do however make a great product that can easily be competitive with other turbo's on the market. I mean lets face it the power miller posted is great, but as far as a secret dyno mule he just has laying around to test turbo's yeah ok... He put the new turbo on his setup and turned the wick up.. most people on here that buy this turbo wont make that power.Posting dyno pull's whithout full graphs on outlaw setup's dont truely represent true street setup's of the majority... The car I tuned this past weekend "1quikef"..His setup was more what a true street car will represent... cp 10.0 pistons, grp rods, stock gsr head, some old all motor cams, a jg intake... the biggest bling he has is a forward facing manifold. He made 920 on 34 psi... People can decided if they want to spend the price difference on slicks, suspension racing cost's etc.... I guarantee a well set up 900 hp car with a borad power band , can run with and beat a 1000 hp car if it's not all together... Let's face it there are **** load of dyno queens on this board that dont run what the dyno suggest's they do... Precision makes power no doubt, I am glad companies are trying to push the envelope, what people do is their choice.... I personally would wait till i see the turbo on other cars or dyno it myself before I am sold on the price difference though....
Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

breathe....and count to 10.....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10....and breathe out.......lol

and no this is not on my car, my car is in a million pieces right now. Not even close to running.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: R.I.P Brian Arbogast...you will be missed, maryland, USA

All the SFWD guys that have hit 8's spent $3500 on a turbo and $2000 on Web cams ect ect... Only person that was close was Brian fisher with a s372 in SFWD trim!
Lol....

Last edited by 1QwIkEf; 04-24-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by miller
breathe....and count to 10.....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10....and breathe out.......lol

and no this is not on my car, my car is in a million pieces right now. Not even close to running.
Chris does it matter what car the outlaw setup you described is in? if you cam on here and was like I go this new 6785 I put this blah blah blha setup together inline pro log manifold jg intake, gsr cams and made a 1000 whp I would be like wow thats impressive. You posted a 1k dyno witha 6785 with wheel specs that dwarf the competion... why shouldnt it make power? These turbo's make power well fawk I hope so....Breeds good competition....let me ask you this? Whyn wouldt presicion reach out to sanctioning bodies and find out of if this turbo fit's there rule's? especially if it's significantly bigger then a 67mm that others have made comments about last year?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

big thanks for this thread! bw just made another customer!!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tagperformance
then i would love to see a comparison for both precision and borg compressor wheels for max air flow. By the way the dimensions on the 6785 are as follows compressor wheel 2.655” (67.44mm) Ind/3.477” (88.32mm) Exd and Turbine wheel 3.525” (89.54mm) Ind/3.350” (84.70mm) Exd
if these are the specs then the turbo is legal correct? Why did Miller say the turbo doesnt fit in ogs rules? Am I missing something? it's smaller then 94mm?
RULE REVISION:
in the interest of ensuring parity we have made the following changes;

Sport FWD

All Brands. 4 cyl. and 6 cyl.*"SFWD Trim" Must have*2 front seats and Interior panels required. No rear seats OK. No Gutted out cars permitted. Max Tire 25" x 9". Open exhaust OK. Lexan prohibited. Water to Air intercoolers Prohibited. 1 piece fronts prohibited. 3 piece fronts OK. 72mm max inducer turbo size (Max 102mm Exd-billet, 105mm exd-cast. Up to 67mm-max exd 94mm). Up to 2 Power adders allowed(comb ok) Fuel Cell OK - NHRA guidelines MUST be followed.**.400 PT, Sportsman Ladder.*Must have 16 cars for full payout
Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by littlebluecrx
Chris does it matter what car the outlaw setup you described is in? if you cam on here and was like I go this new 6785 I put this blah blah blha setup together inline pro log manifold jg intake, gsr cams and made a 1000 whp I would be like wow thats impressive. You posted a 1k dyno witha 6785 with wheel specs that dwarf the competion... why shouldnt it make power? These turbo's make power well fawk I hope so....Breeds good competition....let me ask you this? Whyn wouldt presicion reach out to sanctioning bodies and find out of if this turbo fit's there rule's? especially if it's significantly bigger then a 67mm that others have made comments about last year?
Nobody made a huge deal when borg warner came out with the s400-67 and dwarfed the competition. Huge *** turbine wheels/housings and all. But yet they were allowed last year. Now Precision makes an advancement and bam rule changes before the turbo even hits the track. Do you know what the exducer of the wheel actually does to performance? Do you know why the rules are made the way they were? What data is their rules based off of ? Or is it..... ehhh, lol. I bet the people making the rules cant answer these questions.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ashtons300zx

I didnt feel like pushing a 6768 journal bearing to 35-40 lbs of boost and have it take a dump and Precision tell me "sorry, nothing we can do for you" So I put my money where I thought it would make the most of it. We will see if I can hit the 800-900whp that im looking for easily with it.
this pretty much sums it up here. I'd love to be competitive but my budget is not nearly large as any of you guys, even on your bad month. I would've bought the PTE 6768 but with my budget, the journal bearing is the only choice for me and I didn't want to be left hanging if it broke so I went with the BW for a few bucks more.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nobody made a huge deal when borg warner came out with the s400-67 and dwarfed the competition. Huge *** turbine wheels/housings and all. But yet they were allowed last year. Now Precision makes an advancement and bam rule changes before the turbo even hits the track. Do you know what the exducer of the wheel actually does to performance? Do you know why the rules are made the way they were? What data is their rules based off of ? Or is it..... ehhh, lol. I bet the people making the rules cant answer these questions.
Still doesnt answer the question were the specs that tag posted correct? if so whats the big deal the turbo's legal...what does the exducer do for performance? the s400 came out in 08 it's been out for over 4 years , 1st showed up on ballards car when nopi/nhra made us run a 67mm...If the s400 dwarfed the competion what does the 6785 do?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sooo much cryingggg in here.

Stop complaining come out and race....the people that complain, you never see their cars anyways....
Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so pretty much what ive come up with is.........If i had money to burn on a well setup car already with no wife no kids no bills no worries i might think of buying this turbo ....Since i work my tail off for everything i got i can only dream of this turbo and stick with my $1,000 42r...maybe someday..........they need to make this turbo crap affordable for the average MFer maybe the world of FWD and racing in general would grow back to the level of FUN ..just sayin
Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know where he got those specs from.

So the s400-67 has been out for 4 years but they made a huge deal about the release just last year? Why the big deal if its been out for 4 years? Was it that you guys had a "special" turbo back in 08 or has something changed? Or is it like the reintrodcution of the movie the "titanic" into theaters. Just to draw up hype? Please explain that to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol,

Most average people and racers (at least not in the fwd scene) will not pay 3500 for a turbo. Never. $3500 is more for big name shops buying turbos and so on. Just the facts of life. Not really complaining as I understand its the latest and greatest. Its just like people spending 600-1000 a month on the latest apple product right when it comes out. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats kinda of a blanket statement... dp 1st hit 8's in lacarla without webcmas, the had pro 1's , alan had tuner 2's, they did have precision power not denyin that. Avid has skunk cams with a 7275. That being said they did have precision turbo's but saying that everyone needs to run presicion to run 8's is way off... Fisher, speed factory,Jake Blackman, all have been 170 with basic 372's... the reason they didnt run 8's was there short time wasnt there... The presicion cars that have run 8's are dialed in and have good short time the all are making atleast 900 to run 170...This is a presicion thread do I think 3500 is worth an extra 100 whp , yeah I do... Precision did what they allway do, maximize the grey area of the rules to take full advantage of the power they can make doing so. A company like Borgwarner doesnt move that quickly and cant adapt to take advantage for a small market like honda dragracing. They do however make a great product that can easily be competitive with other turbo's on the market. I mean lets face it the power miller posted is great, but as far as a secret dyno mule he just has laying around to test turbo's yeah ok... He put the new turbo on his setup and turned the wick up.. most people on here that buy this turbo wont make that power.Posting dyno pull's whithout full graphs on outlaw setup's dont truely represent true street setup's of the majority... The car I tuned this past weekend "1quikef"..His setup was more what a true street car will represent... cp 10.0 pistons, grp rods, stock gsr head, some old all motor cams, a jg intake... the biggest bling he has is a forward facing manifold. He made 920 on 34 psi... People can decided if they want to spend the price difference on slicks, suspension racing cost's etc.... I guarantee a well set up 900 hp car with a borad power band , can run with and beat a 1000 hp car if it's not all together... Let's face it there are **** load of dyno queens on this board that dont run what the dyno suggest's they do... Precision makes power no doubt, I am glad companies are trying to push the envelope, what people do is their choice.... I personally would wait till i see the turbo on other cars or dyno it myself before I am sold on the price difference though....

Re-read what i posted, I never said everyone needs to run a precision turbo, but the car's that have ran 8's all have them.
I don't have this turbo and im doing fine with my s372 at only 35psi i went 166. i know the regular s372 can run 8's in SFWD trim!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very few people will be able to use this turbo anyway. Most people can't put down the power they have now. Let them waste another $3500 for another 100whp they still can't put to the ground. Precision gets money, racers get dyno sheets, and HT gets more threads. It's a win win situation for everyone.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxmatt
Very few people will be able to use this turbo anyway. Most people can't put down the power they have now. Let them waste another $3500 for another 100whp they still can't put to the ground. Precision gets money, racers get dyno sheets, and HT gets more threads. It's a win win situation for everyone.
AGREED
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by j-bird20
Sooo much cryingggg in here.
lol says this guy...
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Re-read what i posted, I never said everyone needs to run a precision turbo, but the car's that have ran 8's all have them.
I don't have this turbo and im doing fine with my s372 at only 35psi i went 166. i know the regular s372 can run 8's in SFWD trim!
come on arod.. all them back rubs you gave miller and he wont get you a precision?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So the s400-67 has been out for 4 years but they made a huge deal about the release just last year? Why the big deal if its been out for 4 years? Was it that you guys had a "special" turbo back in 08 or has something changed? Or is it like the reintrodcution of the movie the "titanic" into theaters. Just to draw up hype? Please explain that to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know where he got those specs from.

You really want to say the word special turbo...? hmmmmm your funny.....
The s400 has been out 4 year's... the billet version came out last year.... I had a standard non billet s400 on my crx last year, I hurt the turbo durring qualifying "debris damage".. I had the new Billet s400 with me. I swaped center's using my original exhaust and comp cover. The only thing new on this special "titanic" turbo is the billet wheel... So yes the s400 has been available for 4 years. Nothing fancy available to the public, just like the turbo on your outlaw car.... ?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not that it matters, but T1 went 8's on an S372 years ago..

With that said, there are a lot of people willing to pay $3k for a turbo, if the advantage is there. Thats like saying people won't buy a PPG or Albins since the Liberty is almost half the price..

Gotta hand it to Precision though, the stuff works. To the guy with the $150 Holset, I'm not sure you're the target audience for these turbos..
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by locash
Not that it matters, but T1 went 8's on an S372 years ago..

With that said, there are a lot of people willing to pay $3k for a turbo, if the advantage is there. Thats like saying people won't buy a PPG or Albins since the Liberty is almost half the price..

Gotta hand it to Precision though, the stuff works. To the guy with the $150 Holset, I'm not sure you're the target audience for these turbos..

T1 was in outlaw trim. Im trying to be the first SFWD 24.5" tire in the 8's with a s372 non-racecover!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

T1 was in outlaw trim. Im trying to be the first SFWD 24.5" tire in the 8's with a s372 non-racecover!
Was about to say that too. 26" tire. Big difference to the small tire.

I had an s372r last year and was going to upgrade to a 7285. Then I saw the potential on the bw 67 then bam... I saved $2k. Easiest decision I made about buying a part on my car. Lol
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

come on arod.. all them back rubs you gave miller and he wont get you a precision?

The problem is not getting one....I dont NEED it!!

Quick Reply: Precision turbo releases the 6785!