Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus'

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus'

I know the fact that Sony is back sponsoring the NHRA SC Series is old news, but here is the official release. It inculdes the bonus' for the winners at the events and the Pro Champions.

With the focus on its Xplōd® brand of mobile electronics products, Sony Electronics has extended its sponsorship of the NHRA Xplōd Sport Compact Racing Series for the 2007 season.

Sony first sponsored an NHRA Sport Compact event in 2003 and has been the title sponsor of the drag racing series since 2005.
Beginning in 2007, Sony and Best Buy will together offer a taste of the race day excitement at local Best Buy stores the day before the race events. Additionally, Best Buy will have exclusive offers for race attendees at each event good at participating stores and online.

“Our sponsorship demonstrates our commitment to the sport,” said Brennan Mullin, Sony’s director of marketing for mobile electronics and personal audio products. “We will continue to recognize the achievements of the teams by offering awards at each event and at the end of the season for the overall champions.”

Each event winner (Pro Rear Wheel Drive, Pro Front Wheel Drive, Modified, Hot Rod, Honda Tuning Magazine All Motor, UrbanRacer.com Sport Front Wheel Drive, and Sport Rear Wheel Drive) at the eight-sport compact stand-alone races will receive a $500 Sony Style gift card. In order to be eligible for the award race teams must display decals featuring the NHRA Xplōd Sport Compact Racing Series logo on both sides of the team transporter/trailer, and a patch on the upper chest area of the driver’s uniform.

In addition to having an award for the event winners, Sony is offering a year-end championship award. Those drivers eligible will be the five professional champions (Pro RWD, Pro FWD, Modified, Hot Rod, and Honda Tuning Magazine All Motor) and one “wild card.” The wild card entry will be a driver chosen at random via a raffle at the awards banquet. World championship winners will not be eligible for the wild card entry.

These champions will be presented with a Sony VAIO® Notebook AR Series computer with a recordable Blu-ray Disc™ VGN-AR370, valued at more than $2,500.

Sony is going to be increasing its on-site presence at all NHRA Xplōd Sport Compact Racing Series events. This includes those events where a limited number of categories are participating at NHRA POWERade Series races. The increased presence will include a new NHRA Xplōd Sport Compact Racing Series-branded interactive tractor trailer display, promoting the Xplōd line of car stereo accessories. Sony is sponsoring a season long register-to-win Xplōd sweepstakes. The winners will take home one of Sony’s three Scion Tc demo cars equipped with the latest offerings of Xplōd systems.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (DBigman)

Can we get these patches ahead of time to put on our suits?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey big d, conflict of sponsorship for bfg street stock for event winner 500 giftcard ?

very cool for the sport either way, to Sony
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (CHEETAH)

We have patches here or at the track.

We have the trailer decals at the track.

NHRA/Sony did not want to step on BFG's sponsorship ($50 for top eight qualifiers and $200 for the top et and top speed--not to mention the $5000 year end bonus)
Old 04-05-2007, 04:30 PM

how can you get your patch now ? i knwo a few people that will need them
Old 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (Hondatron)

Ok I'll get them at the track @ my first race.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where do you put the trailer stickers if you drive your car to the track? That's great news Gary! Thanks!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (Tyler H)

show off..
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">show off..</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol -- good point

or for those that have open trailers .....
Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (Innes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Innes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or for those that have open trailers .....</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!
How do I expain to U-Haul that "I HAVE TO PUT THAT STICKER ON YOUR TOW DOLLY, OR I DON'T GET THE GIFT CARD!"
Old 04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (NativeSon)

Where's the conflict for Q16 (that was half of my flat panel you indian gave me
Old 04-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: NHRA Xplod Sponsorship bonus' (XXXRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XXXRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where's the conflict for Q16 (that was half of my flat panel you indian gave me </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you should get that boat you call a racecar to get into the SportFWD class j/k Brian.
Hopefully your win against us in Phoenix in Full Trim will convince them eventually. we like that close competition.

Danny