Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

InlinePro T4 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default InlinePro T4 manifold

For you high horsepower guys that have run or are still running this manifold. What is the biggest cam you can use ???
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: InlinePro T4 manifold

One has nothing to do with the other.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As big as you want man, as big as you want. lol
Old 07-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxmatt
One has nothing to do with the other.

At some point overlap and reversion can/does need to be taken into consideration, no?
Old 07-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumpking.
At some point overlap and reversion can/does need to be taken into consideration, no?
Maybe as far as the turbo is concerned. Not as much the manifold. Turbo cams don't have as much duration, so overlap is reduced. You don't need or want as much overlap as you would want in an all motor car. The issue is when making big power, if the turbo exhaust is too small it could cause too much back pressure and overlap wouldn't be good. Thoughts?
Old 07-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondaracing84
Maybe as far as the turbo is concerned. Not as much the manifold. Turbo cams don't have as much duration, so overlap is reduced. You don't need or want as much overlap as you would want in an all motor car. The issue is when making big power, if the turbo exhaust is too small it could cause too much back pressure and overlap wouldn't be good. Thoughts?
This is what I'm talking about. I guess I wasn't specific to what I was asking.. I've should of said .. Has anybody used other cams bigger than Type R/CTR and not had any back pressure issues with the said manifold above ?? I know with the smaller InlinePro manifold, the A/C T3 version. You can't use anything bigger than GSR cams or it will cause back pressure issues.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverEK96
This is what I'm talking about. I guess I wasn't specific to what I was asking.. I've should of said .. Has anybody used other cams bigger than Type R/CTR and not had any back pressure issues with the said manifold above ?? I know with the smaller InlinePro manifold, the A/C T3 version. You can't use anything bigger than GSR cams or it will cause back pressure issues.
I've never heard anything like that before. The overlap and backpressure issues people talk about was bunk talk from a long time ago. Most any decent tuner and tune out any cam within reason on any setup. The inline pro manifold has made close to 1000hp on many cars over the years with no problems. With the availability of many low cost ramhorn and topmount manifolds, there is no reason to even use one if you're building a setup with enough power to even discuss this issue.