Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

IFO Montgomery, AL 11/4 & Gainesvile, FL 10/7

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IFO Montgomery, AL 11/4 & Gainesvile, FL 10/7

Originally Posted by 850Disco850
Boy it really was a great day of racing!!! That's a great pic of my car lol. Thanks to everyone that helped out and thanks to the guys from TDC for bringing some serious competition! !! Better luck next time guys I really enjoy our friendly competition. Time to store the car again and look forward to next year.
Glad to see another CRX go for the win!! Great to finally met you this year. Cool getting to race with ya!! Hope to see you next year!!! <EZ>
Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 850Disco850
The only rule that bothers me is the new dash rule. I've been running the same car with the same setup for years and I've never been told that I needed an OEM dash in the car. But I've also never been teched by cliff himself until this year. I guess I gotta do some real work to the car now lol
I personally think all motor "pro" should be able to run all of that... I promise my one piece front is heavier than factory fenders hood and bumper, then u got few cars with no cages at all and I have a 14 point with parachute so that makes me heavier anyways and I still can't run amp??? I think it's kinda stupid and I'm not being a sore looser bc I still somehow managed to take 2nd in fwd and take home some money but don't feel like that's the class I belong in, then if I spray it so I can make the power to keep up they throw me in with 7 and 8sec cars?!?!?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted a video here of the FWD race at Montgomery.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/ifo-montgomery-fwd-video-3101880/
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blown90hatcH
I posted a video here of the FWD race at Montgomery.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101880
one of the best races I have ever seen.. thank god for power...

On a serious note I had a great time at IFO this year.. It just seemed to have a very happy and excited feel.. One of the biggest events that I can remember in a while and the line was still half a mile down the road till after 12'clock.. Had fun racing the wagon and wish I could of kept it together longer but I knew there was no chance of winning against all the big dogs that showed up in FIP.. Cant wait for next year..

-Sam
Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by roadracer4life
one of the best races I have ever seen.. thank god for power...

On a serious note I had a great time at IFO this year.. It just seemed to have a very happy and excited feel.. One of the biggest events that I can remember in a while and the line was still half a mile down the road till after 12'clock.. Had fun racing the wagon and wish I could of kept it together longer but I knew there was no chance of winning against all the big dogs that showed up in FIP.. Cant wait for next year..

-Sam
Where is the 240
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justnprsh07
I personally think all motor "pro" should be able to run all of that... I promise my one piece front is heavier than factory fenders hood and bumper, then u got few cars with no cages at all and I have a 14 point with parachute so that makes me heavier anyways and I still can't run amp??? I think it's kinda stupid and I'm not being a sore looser bc I still somehow managed to take 2nd in fwd and take home some money but don't feel like that's the class I belong in, then if I spray it so I can make the power to keep up they throw me in with 7 and 8sec cars?!?!?
what did the car weigh
Old 11-06-2012, 03:17 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

be thankful you even have a class to race in. IFO is the only one to allow your type of car to race in S/FWD. There are def not enough cars like yours to have your own class. Wheelie bar AM cars do NOT belong with non-wheelie bar, oem frame AM cars. Of the 4 times wheelie bar AM cars have entered FWD this year, they've won twice and placed 2nd the other two times. The results and true numbers show our ruling isn't "stupid"... 4 out of dozens and every time made it to finals. FWD is for your type of car, NOT AMP. Do not expect us to change the rule. Wheelie bar AM cars are running mid 9s.

Last edited by HybridMT; 11-06-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cliff does what he does for a REASON

nice clip of my car killing the oil pump. the gauge was a lil questionable but the engine died on its own TWICE and it became zero oil pressure. bleh
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Where is the 240
winter hibernation...

I've updated the gallery w/ more photos as well

Gallery can be found here
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0560209&type=1
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HybridMT
be thankful you even have a class to race in. IFO is the only one to allow your type of car to race in S/FWD. There are def not enough cars like yours to have your own class. Wheelie bar AM cars do NOT belong with non-wheelie bar, oem frame AM cars. Of the 4 times wheelie bar AM cars have entered FWD this year, they've won twice and placed 2nd the other two times. The results and true numbers show our ruling isn't "stupid"... 4 out of dozens and every time made it to finals. FWD is for your type of car, NOT AMP. Do not expect us to change the rule. Wheelie bar AM cars are running mid 9s.
I don't have Willie bars...???? But even if I did its allmotor "pro" and I think a "pro" car should be able to run full tube chassis if they want, and disco had no dash but was just told to just have one next time??? its whatever though just voicing my opinion, rules are rules, i knew what class i was running when i went, and I'm there to have fun...

O and by the way final round me vs Jason comp clutch came apart not letting clutch fully disengage, Mis shifted, floated the valves, and destroyed head, one piston, and 4 valves blown90 what's the chances of u having a vid of that pass? I would like to see how bad it was

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo....ser=1009530117

There is the pic^^^^

Last edited by justnprsh07; 11-08-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DarKStaR5
what did the car weigh
Car weights 2060 with me in it... I weight 185 so...
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Icon4 Re: IFO Montgomery, AL 11/4 & Gainesvile, FL 10/7

I don't have Willie bars...???? But even if I did its allmotor "pro" and I think a "pro" car should be able to run full tube chassis if they want, and disco had no dash but was just told to just have one next time??? its whatever though just voicing my opinion, rules are rules, i knew what class i was running when i went, and I'm there to have fun...

O and by the way final round me vs Jason comp clutch came apart not letting clutch fully disengage, Mis shifted, floated the valves, and destroyed head, one piston, and 4 valves blown90 what's the chances of u having a vid of that pass? I would like to see how bad it was

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo....ser=1009530117

There is the pic^^^^
Just because it says pro doesnt mean tube chassis'd cars should be able to run with stock frame cars. The class name is just a name. The class description makes the class. Anyway, its not that big of a deal. Your hatch would have been an all motor pro car. But if i had my car and i had to race your blue car in my class id be pretty pissed.
Come on now man just think about that.

And damn man. Have you taken the head off yet?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's why you build a car to fit the rules. Don't build a car then cry after your realize you don't fit in the class you wanted too. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My hatch is lighter than my coupe lol I may throw it in a super gutted, no cage dash only insight so I can be lighter and faster, then run amp