Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Has NOPI cancelled the Rest Of the Season

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (rota92)

well there would still be Pro classes, just not as intense as now. why were you planning to run a full series and travel back and forth to east and west coast?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As its been said alot of people have seen the writing on the wall for awhile now so if they do cancel it really wont be much of a surprise, I guess we will just wait and see what happens but until Nopi starts communicating with the racers and fans all I can say is some of you should stop drinking Nopi kool aid and think about whats really going on
Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: (ExospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well there would still be Pro classes, just not as intense as now. why were you planning to run a full series and travel back and forth to east and west coast?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah, Ryan is gonna go 7's, it wouldn't be fair for everyone else
Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

saving the index ftw . .
Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">8.20's in comp to not kill the index </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you can't .60 tens under in comp don't go
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hello everyone, alot of rumors going around here huh? lol

i first would like to thank everyone here that supports sport compact DRAG racing and Battle of the Imports.

Frank and the staff at battle are working overtime, to make sure we accommodate the ones that are important to us... "grass roots racers"

we are doing alot of "damage control" these past couple of months with other sanctioning bodies leaving the slack so to speak, but rest assure "battle of the imports will be here to tighten that slack and bring sc drag racing back in the books."

this is a historical year for us (sc racers) and we all have to make an effort to show sc drag racing is not dead! NOT DEAD!

we are putting all of our heads together, (with a drag racer mentality) and coming up with some amazing ideas that will help the grassroots racer in mind as well as small budget pro teams.

i cannot list the ideas that are set in stone yet, as we dont want to have our ideas taken from underneath us but to reassure you guys will have a "true" national series. that means west, east, mid west, and central.

there is alot of work to do, and with the support and help of all the competitors and fans of sport compact drag racing, we can accomplish this task. it is a long road and with the situation at hand we can only pick the pieces up and move forward.

we just got phone calls from some very important people these past few weeks for the 2009 schedule. it looks very promising....

please show your support, were winning the fight but we still have to maintain a humble heart and continue to go racing.

turbo mag, import tuner, and super street loves the feedback!!! keep emailing them!

street comp aka s/fwd is gonna be wicked next year. hint: you guys ready to get pro car exposure?

all motor aka street sperformance, you are in for a stellar year in 09

we havent forgot about the modified guys, we have a series your gonna follow.

im so excited but time will tell how good 09 is gonna be for us.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrParks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrParks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello everyone, alot of rumors going around here huh? lol

i first would like to thank everyone here that supports sport compact DRAG racing and Battle of the Imports.

Frank and the staff at battle are working overtime, to make sure we accommodate the ones that are important to us... "grass roots racers"

we are doing alot of "damage control" these past couple of months with other sanctioning bodies leaving the slack so to speak, but rest assure "battle of the imports will be here to tighten that slack and bring sc drag racing back in the books."

this is a historical year for us (sc racers) and we all have to make an effort to show sc drag racing is not dead! NOT DEAD!

we are putting all of our heads together, (with a drag racer mentality) and coming up with some amazing ideas that will help the grassroots racer in mind as well as small budget pro teams.

i cannot list the ideas that are set in stone yet, as we dont want to have our ideas taken from underneath us but to reassure you guys will have a "true" national series. that means west, east, mid west, and central.

there is alot of work to do, and with the support and help of all the competitors and fans of sport compact drag racing, we can accomplish this task. it is a long road and with the situation at hand we can only pick the pieces up and move forward.

we just got phone calls from some very important people these past few weeks for the 2009 schedule. it looks very promising....

please show your support, were winning the fight but we still have to maintain a humble heart and continue to go racing.

turbo mag, import tuner, and super street loves the feedback!!! keep emailing them!

street comp aka s/fwd is gonna be wicked next year. hint: you guys ready to get pro car exposure?

all motor aka street sperformance, you are in for a stellar year in 09

we havent forgot about the modified guys, we have a series your gonna follow.

im so excited but time will tell how good 09 is gonna be for us. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So what are you guys gonna do for us in the southeastern portion of the country????
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: (SpeedDreamz.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpeedDreamz.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So what are you guys gonna do for us in the southeastern portion of the country????</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you guys fall under the East, just like us in the northeast. Can you feel the love
Old 07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1992Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think you guys fall under the East, just like us in the northeast. Can you feel the love </TD></TR></TABLE>

Love huh? I am 11 hours from their closest event.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mrparks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">street comp aka s/fwd is gonna be wicked next year. hint: you guys ready to get pro car exposure? </TD></TR></TABLE>

that is great news,very exciting
glad to finaly get some sort of comfort from a series

Old 07-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

regional races solve the traviling issue
Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I find it rather amusing how MrParks is a unofficial spokesperson for BOTI while SpeedDreamz.com is one for Nopi..hehe
Old 07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (misfertech)

So much Drama in the LBC
Old 07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpeedDreamz.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Love huh? I am 11 hours from their closest event.</TD></TR></TABLE>

People know about drag racing in AL ? Sorry couldn't pass it up.

I guess your talking about the drive to FL.

How far are you from Bernie Longjohn's track ? He used to own LA raceway aka Palmdale when I used to race there, in the late 70's. I'm sure Frank and Jason know him and will be trying to set something up.

http://www.bamadragway.com/

Give it time...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well we have been going to BOTI in orlando for the past few years & the turnout has been very good, & seems to be improving. so their shouldn't be a problem their.

as far a nopi going . they wernt in it for racing anyways. they were in it for $$$ & *** as we all seen on tv. u dont see nhra top fuel ect.. showing *** show cars ect.. they show hard racing. drag strip not *** strip. if u want *** go to south beach miami its free.

we dont need multiple vendors with racing events, its just 2 damn much. we cant all make all the events every month thats why turnouts suck. we need a few weeks to make $$ then race. especially now with the way the country is all geek'd up. hell its costing 1700$ jsut for us to drive to new jersey this month. unless u got sponsers how manny times can u do that a month. & sponsors are probably getting tight as well.

im out going to bed
Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I find it rather amusing how MrParks is a unofficial spokesperson for BOTI while SpeedDreamz.com is one for Nopi..hehe</TD></TR></TABLE>

And i find it amusing that you are the unofficial spokesperson for anti-Nhra, anti anything that isnt rotary
Old 07-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

People know about drag racing in AL ? Sorry couldn't pass it up.

I guess your talking about the drive to FL.

How far are you from Bernie Longjohn's track ? He used to own LA raceway aka Palmdale when I used to race there, in the late 70's. I'm sure Frank and Jason know him and will be trying to set something up.

http://www.bamadragway.com/

Give it time...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bama is about 50 miles from me. Holiday is about 10 miles but it is 1/8th only.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I find it rather amusing how MrParks is a unofficial spokesperson for BOTI while SpeedDreamz.com is one for Nopi..hehe</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not really a spokesman just a word of reason to their benefit. They have helped me many times when I was in a tight spot and some of them are personal friends of mine. I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt when the truth is not known.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:38 AM

[

Not really a spokesman just a word of reason to their benefit. They have helped me many times when I was in a tight spot and some of them are personal friends of mine. I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt when the truth is not known. [/QUOTE]

Well with that being said! If you are any kind of fellow racer, you will go to your friends and tell them to let us know what is going on!! If they helped you out of a tight spot, why are they leaving all of us in one?? I guess we mean nothing to them?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OPENMIND)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OPENMIND &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[

Not really a spokesman just a word of reason to their benefit. They have helped me many times when I was in a tight spot and some of them are personal friends of mine. I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt when the truth is not known. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well with that being said! If you are any kind of fellow racer, you will go to your friends and tell them to let us know what is going on!! If they helped you out of a tight spot, why are they leaving all of us in one?? I guess we mean nothing to them?[/QUOTE]

I have made several calls and every one has told me they do not know what I am talking about. Mike Myers is still in the hospital so I cannot get a definite yes or no. So I am in the dark like most of you guys.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:39 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mr. Parks is not an Unofficial spokesperson. He works for BOTI
Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: (Clayton)

BOTI has the ball in their court now!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIXTYdashONE)

No NOPI personal to deny is not looking good.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if everyone is so worried about it.

CALL THEM ..................
Old 07-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (E Town DSM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E Town DSM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No NOPI personal to deny is not looking good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I tend to agree with you. Think about it. They know this posting is here and that it will hurt and bring negative impact to their already hurting series. So instead of nipping it early the ignore it and is letting it continue. I think its true and they already gave up. Really what I think is that this is and will be the last yeat of the so called "almost killed compact Racing season" However to avoid any legal action the will talk the lessor loss and finish out this season but not return. dont be surprise to see them change or cancel some of their actractions.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Default Re: (DaveF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if everyone is so worried about it.

CALL THEM .................. </TD></TR></TABLE> i have called them no answer no call backs also emailed them 3 times with no replies nopi

Quick Reply: Has NOPI cancelled the Rest Of the Season