Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Anyone used an Endyne head?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used an Endyne head?

I toasted a gsr head and am looking into options of getting a new head and having it worked. I got to looking around, searched and didnt really find anything on it other than what is on his site. Has anyone used one, what was your experience with it? I know some of the honda heads are getting some age on them, so is this a good option? I know that he offers headwork packages, but im more interested in being able to send it to ANY company that does reputable work and them not griping about working the head.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone used an Endyne head?

I have one and its mint.........leave it alone.. it will make enough power
Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what package are you running? There are 3 different ones. "Clean up", "basic" and the "full port" packages are available. I am seriously considering the item, I just dont want to get it and my stock head parts not fit in it or it "leak" on me or something like that. There seem to be several companies for a reasonable price that claim 290+ cfm on basic packages. Will the head compare to that? Basically I am looking to rebuild with a SFWD setup in mind.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been looking at the basic package for a while, I have heard of a few people buying them but no dyno results yet, and I am going to wait until I see some results before I send the cash.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The head is not like a "dart" block. It is exactly like a factory head outta the box.......I have the basic......but larry said they did little more work than normal.......f the dyno results..... this head will make over 800 plus no problem...don't beat this tread to death with cfm numbers... and theorys......its the best kept secret.....now its out. Quality CNC machined head for under 800$.....bring that.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Look into the IPG/RLZ Heads there very nice, and aren't expensive.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 01DC4
Look into the IPG/RLZ Heads there very nice, and aren't expensive.
I have but this is substantially cheaper than that program, plus finding a good core for a reasonable price is hard. It seems like everyone "garage ports" their head now and they arent worth ****.

hello1320, the basic package has gone up to $1000 now. Which the price seems still very good for what you get. I am assuming that the head comes with guides and that I could install my ENTIRE valvetrain into this head and do nothing more then lap my current valves? Or should I send them to him?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Definately send the valves to him.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the pro level head package, it was alot more than 1k. I provided stock gsr head and web roller rocker package. He told me what the head flowed with my valve lift and cams......................Good work isn't cheap and not done in a week either so beaware of those "it flowed 300+cmf" without paper work and real testing with your cams and your valve train anybody can flow the numbers. I like the way Larry does business, I went to see his shop in person, and was impressed of all i saw. I did have a RLZ head before this one..........but in my opinion testing true numbers is worth the money to me!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hello1320
The head is not like a "dart" block. It is exactly like a factory head outta the box.......I have the basic......but larry said they did little more work than normal.......f the dyno results..... this head will make over 800 plus no problem...don't beat this tread to death with cfm numbers... and theorys......its the best kept secret.....now its out. Quality CNC machined head for under 800$.....bring that.
A stock port GSR head with GSR cams can make 800whp too, I am not after a peak number, I am interested in powerband and how far it carries. I am not arguing or trying to talk the product down I am just skeptical of new stuff that has not been tested, and I hate buying stuff twice.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It work good my is from there
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a customer that recently purchased one of these heads and he ran into a small problem. The 3 bolt holes that hold the vtec solenoid assembly were machined a little out of place. When he would install the solenoid the o-ring/gasket was actually above the edge of the cylinder head material which would have caused a leak. Luckily he saw the problem before installing the head. I machined the bolt holes in his solenoid so they were slotted which fixed the problem but it may be something to look out for.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zakura R
It work good my is from there
We are talking about an aftermarket B-series casting, not him porting an oem casting.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but a bad aftermarket casting......that uses stock sized valves and stock ports, a waste of time bascially, because you'll STILL have to send it out to have a DECENT port job done and a LOOOT of time cleaning up the horrid casting.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

actually, they are not stock ports. my brand new casting for 700 from endyn was cnc ported. and i prefer stock sized valves, much easier with big cams. you also can order it from him opened up for bigger valves/bore
Old 06-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Give that guy a call and talk too him man. I can send you some pics of my head, he doing an awesome job.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow v2
but a bad aftermarket casting......that uses stock sized valves and stock ports, a waste of time bascially, because you'll STILL have to send it out to have a DECENT port job done and a LOOOT of time cleaning up the horrid casting.
The ports are not the same as cast, and he will machine for .5mm OS valves and 84mm chambers for free, the 1mm OS obviously requires new seats installed so that is extra.

Why would you even consider sending his casting to someone else to try and work it? He makes the head useable for so cheap and knows exactly what needs to be done to it, what you are suggesting is senseless, you had a chip on your shoulder about Endyn from the last thread about this head and everything I just said was also said in that thread. This is a good alternative for people who are tired of trying to find a good useable stock unmolested casting to send out to be built.