Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Interior smell??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior smell??

I just bought this integra yesterday. it has some smell that smells like wet dog/rotten milk. it has been shampooed is there anything i can do to get rid of the smell
Old 02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Interior smell??

JDM air spencer Squash flavor, but idk if it will solve your problems.

Last edited by rSol93; 02-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try replacing the interior fresh-air filter
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A lot of detailers offer whats called "ozone" treatment, basically its a complex machine that produces ozone which is then filtered back through the cabin on recycle and moves out the bad smell.

A lot of times people will detail a car prior to selling it and do a ****-poor job. The smell you are getting is probably mildew leftover from an improper carpet shampooing.
Go ahead and get a nice foam carpet shampoo and do your thing, make sure you dry it out really well and the smell will probably go away.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
EPIC TUNING

pretty much just let it air out and dry. sounds like a hack job.

for air freshners. my local walmart has these air fresners in like a small tub, comes in orange and linen scents. they have charcoal in it so it sucks out any smell. I put one in my truck and I SWED in it all the time and my truck smells great inside.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 PM

When you say shampoo'd, have you taken all the carpet and seats out and shampooed it, or did you do it with some chemicals and an interior brush. Taking everything out to do is more tedious, but can get better results. (assuming everything is cloth).

Try cleaning, conditioning all the interior vinyls too. Then keep using antibacterial freshener over and over.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:50 PM

Try getting it ozone-ated. It works wonders for getting nasty smells out.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Before trying any of the expensive ideas try some Fabreeze
Old 02-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Donker15
When you say shampoo'd, have you taken all the carpet and seats out and shampooed it, or did you do it with some chemicals and an interior brush. Taking everything out to do is more tedious, but can get better results. (assuming everything is cloth).

Try cleaning, conditioning all the interior vinyls too. Then keep using antibacterial freshener over and over.
X2, next nice day just take out the seats and carpet and shampoo them right yourself. More then likely the person who shampoo'd it before you just did a really crappy job to get the car sold.

BTW Just make sure both the seats and carpet dry properly before you install them or they might start to smell again.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought this stuff in a potpourri bag which claims to be lava rock....at our local walmarts.

Its white and absorbs smells quick...looks like the stuff in fish filters. Claims to absorb all smells and discharges by heating up in microwave.

I swear by this stuff because I'm a fisherman in hawai'i and I left raw bait (octupus) for
a day in my GF's suv a whole day. Boy was that smell frickin bad, popped three of these
bags in and smell was gone.

Try to help.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:39 AM
I serve phở for my babies

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car used to have a bad stinch... i took my front seats out and soaked all the carpet with tide and warm water and used a bathtub scrubber and scrubbed everything till the carpet got really soft...

used my carpet cleaner vacuum (used to suck up water) and sucked all the water out.. put a fan in my car and left it for a few hours..

came back and she smelled frickin fresh!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to a carpet cleaning store (a bit hard to find depend on your city). Look for a product that cleans pet stains and odors. It's all natural and it's actually millions of bacteria. It eats away the stink naturally. It will take several treatments, and following the direction is important. The solution does have a smell to it's own, but just live with it for a while until it's gone. The downside is that it cost like $30 a bottle. Sometime they may sell it as a two part system for $40.

They are package as different name. Just ask to clean your pet accidents. And is it the one that have millions of natural bacteria. So it's like bacteria eating bacteria. Make sure it said that.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i gut the interior of all my cars (if bought used) and clean everything. before installing everything, i make sure all of the parts are dry before reinstalling. after that, i open up a bottle of amonnia and let it sit in the car (caution tint enthusiasts). and i also add in a whole can of my favorite febreeze and spray it until it's empty every 10 minutes or so, let it sit over night and open all the doors the next day and let it dry. long process but it works.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try this: http://www.damprid.com/

I used it after spilling a cup of water on my S2k's interior carpet and it worked well to dry it and eliminate smells associated with mildew.