Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Dodo Juice - Sour Power Shampoo & Griot's Garage - Wheel Cleaner (Review + More!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodo Juice - Sour Power Shampoo & Griot's Garage - Wheel Cleaner (Review + More!)

This past weekend I was able to get a good wash in on my car. The two products I will be reviewing are Dodo Juice Sour Power Shampoo & Griots Garage. (Also a mini review on the AG Sheepskin Mitt & LC Wool Wheel Mitt) This is my first review, so if you have any comments to make it better please let me know. I like pictures so I take a lot.

Dodo Juice Sour Power Shampoo (
Dodo Juice Shampoo, Dodo Juice car wash, sour power gloss enhancing shampoo)
I have always wanted to try a Dodo Juice product. Luckily AGO had the Sour Power Shampoo BOGO last week so I got some.

Packaging:
Thick plastic see through bottle. Easy to use push top to dispense product. Label is multiple shades of green, making it somewhat hard to read.

Product: Green. It does have a green apple scent that is very pleasing. Nothing too strong. The texture is a medium syrup. I would almost say a perfect consistency.

Subject car... My 2001 Honda Prelude.

I mixed 1oz with 3.5 gallons of water.

Not many suds. I am a suds guy so this was some what of a disappointment. Even agitating with the hose did little. (picture before agitating)

Again, this wash will also be including my first time ever use of the AGO Sheepskin Mitt (Sheepskin Wash Mitt)

Before wash: Side skirt

Before wash: Rear panel

Before wash: Trunk area

Sadly I had run out of good sunlight by the time I had finished. So the lighting is different but you can still see the outcome!

After wash: Side skirt

Before & After: Side skirt

After wash: Rear panel

Before & After: Rear panel

After wash: Trunk area

Before & After: Trunk Area

Reflection in the door... not too bad!

Pros:
Smells great. Pours easily. Cleans great. It does leave a nice "wax" look afterwards.

Cons:
Price. Mid-level lubricity. minimal amount of suds (might not be a con)

Final thought: I really enjoyed the smell and the outcome looked great. Yet the mid-level lubricity and not many suds are a let down. Not sure if I would purchase again however....

A scale of 1-10 ........ I would give it a 8.0

AG Sheepskin Mitt

Final thought (review) on the AG Sheepskin Mitt... It holds a ton of water/soap. It has a nice slot for your hand to go in and it feels comfortable while washing. The only downside I could see is the price. $19.99.
A scale of 1-10 ........ I would give it a 8.5
Old 02-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dodo Juice - Sour Power Shampoo & Griot's Garage - Wheel Cleaner (Review + More!)

Griots Garage Wheel Cleaner (with optional foam sprayer) & LC Wool Wheel Mitt

Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner (Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner, Griots Garage Wheel Cleaner, wheel cleaning)

I had also been looking at Griot's Garage stuff for awhile, before I really knew there were better products out there. Yet I have read that the wheel cleaner is really good. So also on my last purchase I got a bottle along with the foam sprayer.

Packaging: Thick plastic see through bottle. Nice, classic looking label, easy to read.

Product: Dark Green. It does have a sweet/candy scent. I found it to be very pleasant. Consistency is just slightly thicker than water.

Dirty Wheels....

Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner breaking up the break dust/road grime.

LC Wool Wheel Mitt floating on top of my rinse bucket...

All cleaned up!

Before & After: BIG difference!

A different angle

Before & After

Pros: Smells Great, Good Price, Works Great!

Cons: None

Final thought: Fantastic! Works just as I had hoped and left the wheels looking great. The foam sprayer works great to apply the product perfectly. I would purchase again.

A scale of 1-10 ........ I would give it a 8.5

OC Wool Wheel Mitt

Final thought (review) on the OC Wool Wheel Mitt... It cleans the wheels well. Allows you to put your four fingers inside it to easily move around the wheels. Two downsides: 1) The "fibers" came off while resting in my rinse bucket (might be a new thing). 2) The mitt left my fingers black. Yes, it stained my fingers black. It was pretty easy to wash off but I found this strange. Again, hopefully this is just a one time thing...

A scale of 1-10 ........ I would give it a

There are better ways of cleaning your wheels..

All done!

Old 02-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dodo Juice - Sour Power Shampoo & Griot's Garage - Wheel Cleaner (Review + More!)

awesome review... I like a lot of the Griot Garage products and this one I was looking to get also!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice!

I've been using Griots garage heavy duty wheel cleaner myself. Although I hate the smell. It lingers on the driveway for about day.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man my list of products is getting longer and longer lol
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
man my list of products is getting longer and longer lol
It will never end.

There's always something new coming out, or an improved version of something that's been around.

There's so much stuff that I want, I don't even know where to start.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

imagine and you are a pro on top of it lol...

ya im going to start building a few nice products and then every so often try something new!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
imagine and you are a pro on top of it lol...

ya im going to start building a few nice products and then every so often try something new!
That's pretty much what I'm doing. I buy stuff and up putting it on my dads cars. lol
Old 03-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha man you dad is one lucky guy then