Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

Ztlohmak some pics of what I'm trying to talk about.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ztlohmak some pics of what I'm trying to talk about.

I went out and looked, and if you compare these pics with my last post, you will see that where the gold is flaking off on MY car- in the OLD picture that area is almost the same color as the spark plug cover and the air filter cover. When I took off MY spark plug cover and looked underneath the zinc plating is still almost perfect, and it is a VERY VERY light gold color (actually lighter than the gold that is flaking off of my engine.) So I think the engine should be MORE gold colored than the air filter/spark cover? Any suggestions from people who know are welcome.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Ztlohmak some pics of what I'm trying to talk about. (ekim)

I tried and tried, and this was the best that I could come up with to show that the spark cover is goldish. Although the picture LOOKS more gold than it really is to my eyes, you can see how it compares to a white sheet of paper in the same light.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM

It looks very nice subtle gold in that picture, I actually would prefer the subtle gold. Thank you for taking those pictures for me to see.

It so hard to know what the car came out with? Maybe some where gold and some where silver/chrome. Im going to have a good look at my engine bay to see if there are any traces of gold.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
11:11

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's interesting, all the original sales brochures and whatnot that I have do not show the engine bays as having any gold plated/colored parts. But then again, those are probably photo-prep'd cars I would imagine (because most of the S600's I have seen in person have this black tar protectact in the engine bay, but non of the brochure cars have this).

So who knows?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Ztlohmak some pics of what I'm trying to talk about. (Ztlohmak)

Ok, I had a look at mine, and there is a subtle gold colour inside the air filter cover and on the underside (very hard to get a picture of, you can see the rainbow/pink effect that gold zincing does). On the sparks cover there is only spots here and there with gold (very small tho).

Sorry, it was really hard to capture the gold with the camera, you have to see it in person

The top side of spark cover looks like its been painted silver, the underside looks untouched...all dirty...but traces of gold!

OR, im going crazy and everything is starting to look gold. Lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smithenhiven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's interesting, all the original sales brochures and whatnot that I have do not show the engine bays as having any gold plated/colored parts. But then again, those are probably photo-prep'd cars I would imagine (because most of the S600's I have seen in person have this black tar protectact in the engine bay, but non of the brochure cars have this).[QUOTE=Ztlohmak]It looks very nice subtle gold in that picture, I actually would prefer the subtle gold. Thank you for taking those pictures for me to see.

It so hard to know what the car came out with? Maybe some where gold and some where silver/chrome. Im going to have a good look at my engine bay to see if there are any traces of gold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You would think they would want to show off the gold coloured parts in there sales brochures? Thats if they had gold...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smithenhiven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So who knows?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ztlohmak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, I had a look at mine, and there is a subtle gold colour inside the air filter cover and on the underside (very hard to get a picture of, you can see the rainbow/pink effect that gold zincing does). On the sparks cover there is only spots here and there with gold (very small tho).
</TD></TR></TABLE>
YES! the rainbow/pink effect is what I was trying to say, it IS very subtle. Your air filter cover pic, looks the same as my spark cover does in person. If I HAD an air filter cover I would have looked there too!! I just wonder what the color film technology WAS back then, cause in THIS pic

look how BLUE the master cylinder covers look, they SHOULD be white/yellow- so that means EVERYTHING in the pic is probably incorrectly color balanced.
Anybody got a time machine I could borrow for a bit???
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 PM

I see what you mean with the colours. I guess modern zincing creates a stronger gold then it did back then aswell? I would love to see one just off the production line.

That engine bay is hawt.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 AM

Look what I found looking through some of my s-series photos that I have collected.

GOLD!

Its an s800 though.