Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

My Gen II Civics...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Gen II Civics...

I'm relatively new here and would like to share my experience with my old gen II Civics and will attempt to attach a couple of pix as well.

First obtained was an '83 FE that I bought for $100 in 2004 along with an '81 parts car. The FE engine had languished for about a dozen years in the back yard of a shop with the head off of it. The '81 had a similar timeline but had been wrecked in the front but had a functional engine which went into the FE.

Currently, the FE is sidelined due to a rod knock but I expect to re-install the original engine within the next year or so. But I slog along with my '82 1500 DX automatic daily, have another '81 sans engine/tranny justin case the current daily driver gets wrecked and of course there is the quest for a Gen II wagon...
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Gen II Civics...

Looks good.
Good luck with all your projects.

My wagon just popped up and a friend got it. He sold it to me after not doing much with it( though he did rebuild the rear drums, and I will be redoing the front disc ). It lived it's life being pulled behind an RV prior to that and only has about 130,000 miles on it. I consider that fairly low considering it's age.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice collection! It never hurts to have parts cars laying around.

The 2nd gens rarely show up in pick a parts these days. At least in Houston where live.

I am currently keeping an eye out for a wagon also. There are actually (2) within 5 miles of my house. The owners probably would love to have a more modern car. One day I will put a note on one of them and offer $500.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by realred96
Nice collection! It never hurts to have parts cars laying around.

The 2nd gens rarely show up in pick a parts these days. At least in Houston where live.

I am currently keeping an eye out for a wagon also. There are actually (2) within 5 miles of my house. The owners probably would love to have a more modern car. One day I will put a note on one of them and offer $500.

The biggest thing to watch out for in Houston is RUST! Sometimes they can be as bad as a rust belt vehicle.

My preference for a wagon is an '82 or '83 as these are the versions that I have the most spare parts for sheetmetal/bodywise.

Good to hear from you and let's stay in touch...