Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

Lovely torsion bar questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lovely torsion bar questions

Hey everyone, acquired a 86 CRX si a few days ago. I have done a ton of research on torsion bars but still am missing some key points. I already lowered it and re keyed the torque tube and the front sits where at a nice height. It's about 3.75"-4" lowered. It rides like crap I'm assuming from bottoming out the shocks. The purpose is to have it low, and be able to daily drive it without breaking teeth on bumps. So for the questions
1. How low is everyone going?
2. What size torsion bar? I hear 24/27 are good but can't find any info on how low they have them.
3. What brand torsion bar? Or where did you get them?
4. What front shocks is everyone running?

Thanks again for the help guys, I have been searching all week and can't seem to find anything for those questions.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lovely torsion bar questions

Originally Posted by Turtle bandit
Hey everyone, acquired a 86 CRX si a few days ago. I have done a ton of research on torsion bars but still am missing some key points. I already lowered it and re keyed the torque tube and the front sits where at a nice height. It's about 3.75"-4" lowered. It rides like crap I'm assuming from bottoming out the shocks. The purpose is to have it low, and be able to daily drive it without breaking teeth on bumps. So for the questions
1. How low is everyone going?
2. What size torsion bar? I hear 24/27 are good but can't find any info on how low they have them.
3. What brand torsion bar? Or where did you get them?
4. What front shocks is everyone running?

Thanks again for the help guys, I have been searching all week and can't seem to find anything for those questions.
1) Kind of low?
2) I'm on stock torsion bars that have been re-indexed.
3) OEM
4) www.heeltoeauto.com
5) KYB struts in front. They need to be replaced.
6) I also have cheddas auto (cheddasauto.com) extended tophats in the front (trying to give the strut more room to travel). I'm not really sure how much it helps, as it still rides pretty rough?
7) Rear springs are B&G (http://b-gsuspension.com/)

pic of the pile.