Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

couple of questions...help me out HT members

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default couple of questions...help me out HT members

I've got a couple questions which i need to be answered so i'd figured ask them all in one post and get it over with haha. I've got a ej8 on GC's (default springs)and kyb agx(set at 2 in front and 1 in the back, tried stiffen up the shocks but it didnt help), stock gsr/si front tower bar, (no name brand) rear upper strut bar. Rims and tires i'm running em1 rims with 205/50/15 yoko es100's with 85%-90% all around.

First question, will a front strut bar really make a difference? which ones do you guys recommend? I know the 3 point strut bar will surely make a difference but it doesn't fit my budget. I'm looking at the strut bar with pivot points. I'm looking to stiffen up my front end because the rear seems like its stiffer than the front. The ej8 comes with a 22mm front sway bar but it seems like its not helping at all. I am planning on throwing at 26mm Em1 front sway bar so that should help but does this mod isn't going to be for a few more months.
link i found about strut bars.
http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums...=4704

Second question, my girls ej8 has a little over 110k on the motor and i was trying to take out the plastic cover which covers it. I took out the first two obvious bolts, which one is located next to the dip stick and the other towards the upper right corner of the vavle cover. Do i have to take off the motor mount? what should i look for on the timing belt?

Third question is how to bleed rear drums? i know how to bleed the fronts but on the drums i'm not sure where its located? The drums are off a 98 civic ex.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: couple of questions...help me out HT members (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've got a couple questions which i need to be answered so i'd figured ask them all in one post and get it over with haha. I've got a ej8 on GC's (default springs)and kyb agx(set at 2 in front and 1 in the back, tried stiffen up the shocks but it didnt help), stock gsr/si front tower bar, (no name brand) rear upper strut bar. Rims and tires i'm running em1 rims with 205/50/15 yoko es100's with 85%-90% all around.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you trying to do here?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
First question, will a front strut bar really make a difference? which ones do you guys recommend? I know the 3 point strut bar will surely make a difference but it doesn't fit my budget. I'm looking at the strut bar with pivot points. I'm looking to stiffen up my front end because the rear seems like its stiffer than the front. The ej8 comes with a 22mm front sway bar but it seems like its not helping at all. I am planning on throwing at 26mm Em1 front sway bar so that should help but does this mod isn't going to be for a few more months.
link i found about strut bars.
http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums...=4704
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I suppose a 3-point would be better than a 2-point ... password JDM makes one.

Will it make a difference.. probably not too much. Stiffer springs might. But be careful to not go to stiff on your kybs

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Second question, my girls ej8 has a little over 110k on the motor and i was trying to take out the plastic cover which covers it. I took out the first two obvious bolts, which one is located next to the dip stick and the other towards the upper right corner of the vavle cover. Do i have to take off the motor mount? what should i look for on the timing belt?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

To take off the timing belt cover, you need to remove the Valve cover too.
To install the new timing belt you have to remove the drivers side motor mount. There are 2 or 3 17mm bolts to undo

I would seach for replace timing belt.
You will need to remove both covers, the motor mount, the crank pulley, and various other parts.

Look for fraying on the belt, and excess play.
If it's been 100k and it hasn't been changed, it might be time.

Third question is how to bleed rear drums? i know how to bleed the fronts but on the drums i'm not sure where its located? The drums are off a 98 civic ex.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bleeder is on the back side of the drum on the top
It's the same procedure as the fronts except that it uses a 8mm wrench.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: couple of questions...help me out HT members (Crazydave)

[QUOTE=Crazydave]

What are you trying to do here?[QUOTE]

just trying to post the suspension mods i have...makes things go a little smoother haha