Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

AK1 MOTORSPORTS FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AK1 MOTORSPORTS FAIL

so okay now for all you people how live in the I.E. check it. when to ak1 to slap a b20 vtec together they did it i took it home put it in, and took it back to get timing done. they said i needed a new timin belt tensioner. so i got it. they slapped it on then they started the car... the car started, but you hear hard core clinkin... five minutes later they said that i broke a value... the next day i talk to the manager Chris the tells me what happen and he tells me what i need to fix it. then i start trippin out cuz he's chargin me to fix it. saying it all my fault bla bla bla... so i write the burial and wait and wait and wait.... so my buddy give's me his motor (B16) and said... i he tells me just to have them do it. i would be easier... so i crack and say [freak] it... they change out the type r oil pump and they put the motor im my car, and this is where my problems start again, they [freak]ed up my radiator cap and my buddy has to go get it for me, (i'm in Frisco at work at this time) i get home, car's running i hear a weird clinkin again but not form the motor, everytime i shifted, so trippin out i check out my suspension everything's on good, keep looking. cant figure it out... my buddy's dad checks it out. drives it. and pop's the hood my timing belt mount there's two bults missin, the nut that go's throw the mount is gone the rear mount its coming out, there's a dent form the motor on my hood. i keep checkin my oil is under the low mark. the drivers suspension is covered in oil and wheel well is drenched. GOT TO LOVE IT. well if your smart i suggest you guys don't get any motor work done through them. if you want your car to run...

JUST LETTIN YOU KNOW
Old 04-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AK1 MOTORSPORTS FAIL (Coolero)

English?
Old 04-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AK1 MOTORSPORTS FAIL (RaceMyGhost)

i don't think he knows any...
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Could be what happens when you have someone "slap together" a motor. Did they use used parts? Did you screw something up when you were installing the motor? Maybe it's not their fault. You should really explain better what happened.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong section...
Old 04-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coolero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so okay now for all you people how live in the I.E. check it. when to ak1 to slap a b20 vtec together they did it i took it home put it in, and took it back to get timing done. they said i needed a new timin belt tensioner. so i got it. they slapped it on then they started the car... the car started, but you hear hard core clinkin... five minutes later they said that i broke a value... the next day i talk to the manager Chris the tells me what happen and he tells me what i need to fix it. then i start trippin out cuz he's chargin me to fix it. saying it all my fault bla bla bla... so i write the burial and wait and wait and wait.... so my buddy give's me his motor (B16) and said... i he tells me just to have them do it. i would be easier... so i crack and say [freak] it... they change out the type r oil pump and they put the motor im my car, and this is where my problems start again, they [freak]ed up my radiator cap and my buddy has to go get it for me, (i'm in Frisco at work at this time) i get home, car's running i hear a weird clinkin again but not form the motor, everytime i shifted, so trippin out i check out my suspension everything's on good, keep looking. cant figure it out... my buddy's dad checks it out. drives it. and pop's the hood my timing belt mount there's two bults missin, the nut that go's throw the mount is gone the rear mount its coming out, there's a dent form the motor on my hood. i keep checkin my oil is under the low mark. the drivers suspension is covered in oil and wheel well is drenched. GOT TO LOVE IT. well if your smart i suggest you guys don't get any motor work done through them. if you want your car to run...

JUST LETTIN YOU KNOW </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info but it made no sense at all.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Grace Under Pressure

Just letting us know in 9 different sections of HT?

81%

Good going.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AK1 MOTORSPORTS FAIL

hahaha... next time look the shop up in here first... if you just searched it... you would have found my experience w/ them.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AK1 MOTORSPORTS FAIL

this thread is 2 years old... let it die.. do not wake up zombies. once awoken, they are harder to kill.