Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Radio not getting power

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio not getting power

I bought my car a matter of weeks ago. It is a 94 sedan with a b16 swap. The previous owner had a cd player in the car. It worked fine. It did such crazy things as turning on and playing music. I am jelous.

Currently, the car has both an old honda non-coded tape deck and an alpine tape deck (both given to me. tape deck? what the ****.) to try and get working. Both power up when plugged in elsewhere, but neither power up in my car.

I've checked the majority of the fuses under the dash and under the hood and all appeared to be perfectly fine. The fuse check-list in the box didn't really match the box at all, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The sheet said the radio used a 15 gauge fuse, while the best buy guy said most honda's used a 10 gauge. Regardless, no fuse appears to be out.

Any suggestions other than following all the dash wiring back? I found the remnents of an old Hornet alarm (i think alarm, could be remote start) under the dash. Could that have anything to do with it? Help! My car is too rattly to drive without music.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Radio not getting power (cheezit)

all you need is make sure you get ground, power, and remote.
Test your power wire and remote with a tester (volt meter).
Old 02-08-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Radio not getting power (shawn_crx)

IIRC, yellow = constant power (battery), red = switched power (accessory), black = ground.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:21 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Radio not getting power (cheezit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cheezit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my car a matter of weeks ago. It is a 94 sedan with a b16 swap. The previous owner had a cd player in the car. It worked fine. It did such crazy things as turning on and playing music. I am jelous.

Currently, the car has both an old honda non-coded tape deck and an alpine tape deck (both given to me. tape deck? what the ****.) to try and get working. Both power up when plugged in elsewhere, but neither power up in my car.

I've checked the majority of the fuses under the dash and under the hood and all appeared to be perfectly fine. The fuse check-list in the box didn't really match the box at all, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The sheet said the radio used a 15 gauge fuse, while the best buy guy said most honda's used a 10 gauge. Regardless, no fuse appears to be out.

Any suggestions other than following all the dash wiring back? I found the remnents of an old Hornet alarm (i think alarm, could be remote start) under the dash. Could that have anything to do with it? Help! My car is too rattly to drive without music.</TD></TR></TABLE> If the stock radioplug has been cut off, go to http://www.installdr.com for wire guide for your car... in the OEM radio harness the black is ground, the yellow/red stripe is acc. and is fused at incar fusebox 10amp most of the time, white/ yellow or blue stripe is consant power and is fused at engine bay fusebox 7.5amp almost always, test for power on these two wires 94