Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

problem with shock sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with shock sensor?

Okay guys today I pulled apart my civic's dash to clean up some sloppy wiring done by the previous owner and after pulling everything and re-installing everything the compustar alarm's shock sensors don't work properly.

My car has 3 shock sensor. One on the left, one on the right and one on the steering column.

The right sensor is the factory compustar one and that one works fine.
The left sensor and the steering column sensor is the one that is acting up.

The left sensor has a yellow wire, a black wire and a brown wire. The black and brown wire is the power (as indicated on the sensor module) and the yellow wire is labeled as "signal".

The clifford shock sensor on the steering column has 3 wires as well. Black, red and orange.
Now the clifford module does not have a wiring pin out label on it so I'm guessing that the wires correspond to the following:
red = postiive
black = negative
orange = signal

Now the compustar alarm has a secondary shock sensor input that I know for sure was working before I pulled the left and center shock sensor from that input. From what I can remember the left sensor (brand unknown) and the clifford simply was fed constant power and the signal wires were simply tied in together and then fed into the compustar module.

Prior to my wiring removal the shock sensors worked flawlessly and were extremely sensitive. After the wiring clean up the sensors don't pick up my pounding on my car.

Now I'm 100% positive that the left sensor is wired correctly because I followed the wiring diagram that was right on it. It is the clifford sensor that I am unsure of.

Also the shock sensors can be fed constant power without issues correct?

Can someone please tell me what an old school (Pre '95) clifford shock sensor module wiring pin out is?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: problem with shock sensor? (stevescivic)

are the leds on the sensor lighting up? are you pounding on the car as soon as you arm it?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: problem with shock sensor? (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

the clifford one is tucked in a position where I can't see the LED (if there even is one). I let the car sit for about 2 minutes and then I start pounding on it and nothing happens.

My car before used to take about 30 seconds or so to properly arm itself and it was so sensitive that a simple finger tap on the car would "chirp" the siren.

Thanks